What are they? Training flights or something?
I'm assuming that you are referring to the Azerbaijan Airlines flights. If so, nbdm says it is likely to be Formula 1 related-

Very likely to be an F1-related charter flight, on the 12th there is a race in Azerbaijan.
If the times listed by the CAA are UTC/UK then the departure time from GYD fits for a post-race charter (5pm UK time = 8pm local)
Although it is a little peculiar the outbound charter isn't also from BHX.
If however you are referring to the ITA Airways flights, these are to do with England playing Italy at Molineux (last Sat). Italy's next game (Tue) is away to Germany, hence the ITA Airways from BHX - DUS.

Kevin

Last edited:
Azerbaijan. Thank you.
I'm assuming that you are referring to the Azerbaijan Airlines flights. If so, nbdm says it is likely to be Formula 1 related-

If however you are referring to the ITA Airways flights, these are to do with England playing Italy at Molineux (last Sat). Italy's next game (Tue) is away to Germany, hence the ITA Airways from BHX - DUS.

Kevin
Has BHX got contracts with various sporting bodies? There have been a number of charters over the last few years re football and F1 .

Has BHX got contracts with various sporting bodies? There have been a number of charters over the last few years re football and F1 .
Certainly the England football team use BHX now. Probably because they now train at St George's Park near Burton on Trent. Not so sure about the F1, but centrally placed for fans flying out to watch the race.

The Hungarian football team flew in today on Smarwings 738 OK-TVS from Budapest to play England tomorrow at Molenuex. The England teams regular flights are all to do with the location of St Georges relative to BHX as HPsauce says.

The same goes for the F1 stuff as BHX is the closest suitable airport to Silverstone where many of the car manufacturers have their main racing team engineering facilities based.

I'm sure the sporting bodies will just contract various airlines to operate flights according to their requirements and the airline concerned deal with the the airports concerned in the normal way.

Certainly the England football team use BHX now. Probably because they now train at St George's Park near Burton on Trent. Not so sure about the F1, but centrally placed for fans flying out to watch the race.
The Hungarian football team flew in today on Smarwings 738 OK-TVS from Budapest to play England tomorrow at Molenuex. The England teams regular flights are all to do with the location of St Georges relative to BHX as HPsauce says.

The same goes for the F1 stuff as BHX is the closest suitable airport to Silverstone where many of the car manufacturers have their main racing team engineering facilities based.

I'm sure the sporting bodies will just contract various airlines to operate flights according to their requirements and the airline concerned deal with the the airports concerned in the normal way.

As rollo mentioned, a lot of the F1 teams and travelling media use charter flights to more awkward locations like Baku (and previously Sochi, Russia)
Most of these leave from Luton, Farnborough or Biggin Hill (F1 management's own operating base) but BHX is used too probably due to curfew/slot availability, cost & that the UK based teams & suppliers are mostly in the M40 corridor so getting to BHX isn't hard - with the closest team being in Banbury.

Like last year, when the British GP happens on the 1-3rd July expect an influx of private jets! :D

Looking at the bhxmovementsblog Fleet Air seem to be having a busy day on the Elmdon freight area with eight aircraft in today four of which look to be nightstoppers.

2 AT 43
3 AT 72
3 SF 34

Also on the Elmdon site amongst others were a A319 and a A320 both privately owned I believe plus the Smart Lynx 738.. Plenty of other movements on a busy Elmdon site today.

Guess it's going to swop with G-BMRA which has been with them a while and is now parked outside.

It's still good to see the occasional 757s and both TUI and Jet2 have bought them in recently to help get them out of the smelly stuff a versatile and reliable beast the 757.

Looking at the bhxmovementsblog seems the World2fly A359 positioned from Madrid yesterday operated combined Arreciffe/Teneriffe flight and doing Alicante/Ibiza today also a combined flight. They are also using a B763 to Espargos today which I think from memory has been a bit of a regular recently. Other widebodies for TUI today B788 to Palma and a B789 to Montego Bay.

Jet2 in full swing today with 31 departures showing scheduled and TUI with 21, both have long delays from last night of 12hrs + on 3 flights two Jet2 and one TUI.

Also noted on the BHX arrivals board Jet2 have cancelled Bergerac and a Palma flights today so presumably they will only actually operate 29 flights. Jet2 seem to be begining to show signs of being stretched as noted elsewhere on the forum that A321s are giving reliability problems.

We're not at peak season yet!

Looking at the bhxmovementsblog seems the World2fly A359 positioned from Madrid yesterday operated combined Arreciffe/Teneriffe flight and doing Alicante/Ibiza today also a combined flight. They are also using a B763 to Espargos today which I think from memory has been a bit of a regular recently. Other widebodies for TUI today B788 to Palma and a B789 to Montego Bay.

I think your getting confused with last weekend, no World2fly A359 this Friday/Saturday, and all TUI Saturday flights have been operated by their own aircraft, or 1 Titian A321, and the current based Privilege Style B752.

I think your getting confused with last weekend, no World2fly A359 this Friday/Saturday, and all TUI Saturday flights have been operated by their own aircraft, or 1 Titian A321, and the current based Privilege Style B752.
To be fair to rollo, Ian's site does indeed list An A359 positioning in from Madrid on Fri 17th, before operating the services that he mentions. A search of FR24 for EC-NOI and EC-NTB however shows them both operating services out of Madrid. So, possibly an error on Ian's site.

Kevin

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock