Travel and Airline Industry Recovery From Covid-19

Advertisement

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
I actually think we could see a fairly decent recovery once things settle down again. I still think we'll see a high number of unemployed but I suspect the majority of those will be from the hospitality industry such as pubs and restaurants.

mullion

May 9, 2014
Looks as if things could be happening quite quickly according to the news this morning in the airline, restaurant and pub industry

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
With news today of yet more aviation redundancies - Jet2 and Swissport - and mention made elsewhere in F4A that Ryanair's CEO, Michael O'Leary, doesn't expect aviation to fully recover until 2023, there must be growing fears that more airlines and indeed some airports might not be able to survive a long-term major slowdown.

Swissport intends axing over 4,000 employees which is around 50% of its staff. The company is calling for an aviation strategy from the government with unions expressing similar sentiments.

If many airlines and airports - perhaps most, perhaps all - find themselves continuing to haemorrhage money over the next 2-3 years because of a dilatory recovery from the virus effects can any government strategy ensure the continuance of them all? I wonder how.

airforced

May 5, 2010
North Yorkshire
If many airlines and airports - perhaps most, perhaps all - find themselves continuing to haemorrhage money over the next 2-3 years because of a dilatory recovery from the virus effects can any government strategy ensure the continuance of them all? I wonder how.
I doubt it, unfortunately.

mullion

May 9, 2014
Sounds like a big announcement re flights tomorrow with relation to Europe initally, most of Europe free to restart with no quarantine
Portugal, Sweden are not included due their corvid cases at present Turkey is a question at present

Top Bottom