Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Scotland
Iran Air are due to start at Manchester on 13th June with a weekly flight to IKA.

Flight IR752 arriving into MAN at 0900
Flight IR753 departing MAN at 1030

Using A330

Credit to alpha5 on ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-

I read an interesting article online about Iran Air , very much what could have been, but due to hostilities and politics it hasnt happened. They were once one of the worlds most profitable airlines and could have been another Emirates but because of sanctions the airline has declined .

Yes we are talking of the route starting in just 2 weeks and 1 days time. My airport contact does says he's slightly dubious about both this and the Kuwait Airways services.

I remember many years ago arriving at T2 late night and we parked alongside the Iran Air 747SP..Impressive little dumpy as well..

Are sure it wasn`t the Syrian as I don`t think a Iranair B747 has been in
I would agree with you mullion. I don't recall Iran Air operating into Manchester previously. The last Iranian carrier was, I believe, Mahan Air with an A310. As you say, I believe Syrian used the 74SP.

Are sure it wasn`t the Syrian as I don`t think a Iranair B747 has been in

Apologies and thanks for the memory jog..It was indeed Syrian Arab Airlines, as I think they were called then...Old age and memory you know :ROFLMAO:

Don't put yourself down. I think a fair number of us probably are of the same era and get confused at times.

Great to see the EK17 come right over the top of my house this morning. Shame it's freight only, but it's a movement - and was preceded by easyJet that was out for a little spin around the circuit.

Have a good afternoon.

Nearest to Iran Air I can remember is the Imperial Iranian Air Force in the early 1970s unless my memory is playing up

With little other connections going that way at the moment I reckon they're on to a winner!
Pretty sure my hair barber will be using it.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock