Anyone able to get PIA'S Pax numbers for incoming passengers and outgoing ?

It's just that we tried to book on numerous dates and majority of flights are fully booked!

The Karachi- JFK flight heavily delayed today to cater for the priminister of Pakistan from stanstead to Karachi then the original flight coming to Manchester

The new PIA A330 came out of an ISB hangar today. It looks great inside - SriLankan interior with reverse herringbone seats in business class.

I know they are operating to Heathrow first but will we see these birds in MAN at any point?

Not on the LHE route as an A333 can't make JFK-LHE but what about ISB or maybe a new route to Karachi?

If they offer supplementary frequencies to MAN then bring them on. But if replacing the B77L/B77W ops they'd be a significant downgrade.

PIA's LHE-MAN-JFK flight was operated by AP-BHV 77W in replace of the usual 77L. It has just departed for JFK 5 hours behind schedule.

May be due to the Toronto-Lahore flight having to land in Manchester yesterday for a crew swap, and thus the aircraft not able to then run the LHE-JFK flight after that.

From Routes

Pakistan International Airlines in winter 2016/17 season is adding a number of new routes/routings, including new route to Salalah, as well as service resumption to Barcelona. Planned schedule as follow.

eff 09DEC16 KarachiLahoreManchesterNew York JFKIslamabadKarachi New routing with 777-300ER. Overall New York service increases to 3 weekly
PK723 KHI0845 – 1030LHE1230 – 1555MAN1755 – 2005JFK 777 5
PK724 JFK2255 – 2240+1ISB0040+2 – 0235+1KHI 777 5

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38...ernational-w16-international-route-additions/

Good news, considering there was rumour of PK moving to Leipzig. Not that it would have been much of a loss anyway but to see them increase is pretty good. I always seem to forget about the KHI part, pity people can't go east direct, 1 stop. Is a tag sometimes added onto the end of the LHE route?

That report of a move to Leipzig from earlier this month is linked today on the MAN thread of the dried fruit forum.

Well, if them moving to Liepzig means more frequencies to/from Pakistan and expansion then I am all for it. If we are completely honest, that rotation offers us nothing anyway. 2 flights a week (soon to be three), purely westbound?

It's supposed to be moving, but as of now, flights are still via MAN for the foreseeable.

While the move may well happen this time, this whole 'we are moving' has happened before with SNN but never materialised.

What may be the issue is DOT approvals. Biman tried to move its USA rights from MAN to BHX but were denied, maybe a similar thing is happening here?

Isn't the third NYC rotation something of a seasonal thing ?

Pakistans long haul schedules are evidence of a lack of good management imho.
They really need to rationalise on Islamabad as the point of entry/exit with regional feed from Karachi /Lahore Peshawar and Sialkot.

Rather than as is currently the case where they scheduled the 77e/77w on various domestic legs just to reposition for Karachi and Lahore departures.

Apparently PIA having issues getting DOT approval to move to Leipzig for the JFK flights.

It seems Leipzig has approval, but PIA does not. It seems it's a bit like when Biman tried to move their New York stop from MAN to BHX and DOT saying no.

It could still be resolved by January, I suppose it makes no difference to PIA given it shouldn't need to re-book or refund any MAN pax when the move happens, as it's all about Pakistan-New York, but will be interesting to see if they do allow the move.

Apparently PIA having issues getting DOT approval to move to Leipzig for the JFK flights.

It seems Leipzig has approval, but PIA does not. It seems it's a bit like when Biman tried to move their New York stop from MAN to BHX and DOT saying no.

It could still be resolved by January, I suppose it makes no difference to PIA given it shouldn't need to re-book or refund any MAN pax when the move happens, as it's all about Pakistan-New York, but will be interesting to see if they do allow the move.
To be honest, it is not much of a loss - as long as we retain current frequencies from Pakistan to MAN.

PIA have now launched their LEJ flights from ISB, with a view to continue them to JFK.

Obviously our flights are KHI-LHE-MAN-JFK, so they are not affected and will continue to run twice-weekly with 77L, which is good.

PIA are also introducing a new entertainment system on personal devices which is being inaugurated on certain Pakistan domestic flights. They could/should expand this to their CDG/MXP/BCN/BHX/MAN flights (they already have IFE on their ex-SriLankan PIA Premier planes.

Last edited:
From a well placed source:

"PIA will increase Islamabad to a daily flight from Tomorrow. This is likely due to Shaheen pulling out.

B77W used on all flights barring Friday when B772 used
."

I know it's nice to see the variation but believe me, Shaheen are more trouble than they are worth. PIA have been loyal to Manchester for many years. They have a degree of professionalism in comparison to the other operators who have served Pakistan over the years. #PIAincreaseflights #Manchester

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock