Fri 4 Jun 2021
Only 3x Wizz Air aircraft are in storage at CWL now.
Another aircraft (A321 - G-WUKL) departed to STN this morning (for maintenance I presume), and then continued on to DSA (making it the second based aircraft there).

Last edited:
Looks like Wizz have pushed back their start date again. 6th July is the new date.

The 'like' is for the information, not the fact that the delay has been pushed back.

Sat 5 Jun 2021
Only 2x Wizz Air aircraft are in storage at CWL now.
Another aircraft (A320 - G-WUKE) departed to LTN this afternoon leaving 2x A321s remaining (G-WUKC/J).
Both aircraft have completed circuits in the last couple of days having been sat in storage since early March.

Definitely surprised by that one!
Likewise! I didn't even think an A321 could land/take off at JER. I thought it was tight with a 737-800. I suppose it utilises the aircraft on routes where there might be decent demand, although i'm not sure this will be a long term route from either airport.

Nice to see Jersey back, I thought they had an A320 at DSA, as well as the A321, they may be using that. Great news though, I think Jersey will be popular this year.

It's an A321? that's even more of a surprise! I'm guessing it utilises the aircraft for them while dipping their toe in a new market!

It's an A321? that's even more of a surprise! I'm guessing it utilises the aircraft for them while dipping their toe in a new market!
According to the Twitter comments it's an A321. I can see it being an A320 though given the way bookings will be going over the rest of this summer.
Jersey's runway is about 60m longer than Skiathos. Skiathos can take A321's just not with a full fuel load to make it the 3hr flight. So in comparison to that, JER may just be OK for an A321.

According to the Twitter comments it's an A321. I can see it being an A320 though given the way bookings will be going over the rest of this summer.
Jersey's runway is about 60m longer than Skiathos. Skiathos can take A321's just not with a full fuel load to make it the 3hr flight. So in comparison to that, JER may just be OK for an A321.
I think BA used to send the 757 to Jersey. So i’d imagine it would be okay?

I assume that the Wizz Air technical people know what they are doing and are satisfied that the A321 and Jersey are compatible.

"Between 500 and 1,000 fans are expected to make the journey, despite advice not to travel"
Some flew from Cardiff Airport with WizzAirUK this morning
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/...com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wales_main

The declared take off distances available at Jersey are OK for an A321 ceo and neo but only with a much restricted payload. Obviously, the fuel requirement for a sector as short as CWL-JER will not be great and you'd assume that most passengers would not be taking lots of checked baggage. Therefore, they may be able to operate with a reasonable passenger load.

Fri 11 Jun 2021
Only 1x Wizz Air aircraft is in storage at CWL now - could this be the aircraft that will be based at CWL when the base opens?

The second-to-last aircraft (A321 - G-WUKC) departed to Baku, Azerbaijan this afternoon leaving 1x A321 remaining (G-WUKJ).

I wonder whether Wizz would consider the Dublin route from CWL, it was operated for several years daily by an FR 737, and sometimes twice daily, AIR WALES also operated the route at the same time. Wizz could certainly match FR on prices or even undercut them, it would certainly assist the many thousands of South Wales passengers, who use FR at present, (Covid) permitting. I read an article on Microsoft news which was an interview with WIZZ air CEO, and expansion in the UK is certainly on the cards.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock