Airline and Airport Correspondence

Advertisement

mullion

May 9, 2014
The problem at moment is nobody can travel anywhere in UK except for business or exceptional circumstances and its going to be a while for general public unless over 60s from mid Feb

Kevin Farnell

May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Hi there Brumx, so you indicate that these forum posts are going a bit boring, so does that include my email to the west Midlands major about future expansion and flights from Birmingham Airport..AndyC
Hi Andrew

I think Brum X is just very frustrated with the whole COVID situation (as we all are). Unable to follow a hobby, unable to go on holiday, unable to have a big get together for Christmas etc, etc. I'm sure he didn't mean anything personal. Keep sending out emails if you like and let us know how they go in the new thread created by jfy1999.

Kevin

andrew.clarkson

Apr 18, 2013
Hi there all again, regarding my previous post, I have now emailed all concern about Birmingham Airport future plans once the pandemic has finally left us, this includes chief executive of Solihull Metropolitan Council, Chief executive of Birmingham City Council, both Council leaders from Birmingham and Solihull and also Mr Paul Faulkner, who is the boss of chamber of commerce....AndyC

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
The problem at moment is nobody can travel anywhere in UK except for business or exceptional circumstances and its going to be a while for general public unless over 60s from mid Feb

Exactly, what is trhe point in contacting airlines, mayors, councils atm ? Airlines will be lucky to stay in business, BHX will not be at the top of there list's for a long time.

Sorry if I am coming across rather stuffy but I just think we need to get our priorities right ?

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Exactly, what is trhe point in contacting airlines, mayors, councils atm ? Airlines will be lucky to stay in business, BHX will not be at the top of there list's for a long time.

Sorry if I am coming across rather stuffy but I just think we need to get our priorities right ?
It might be just the time for the airport to chuck its hat into the ring prior to the hoped-for and expected pandemic recovery. The more support an airport has from interested parties the better, and successful airports in the post-pandemic period will have got ahead of the game.

Baron Rothschild an 18th Century investor and member of the celebrated eponymous banking family made a fortune in the chaos that followed the Battle of Waterloo. His credo was, "The time to buy is when there is blood in the streets" although some believe the actual quote was "Buy when there is blood in the streets even if the blood is your own" which might be a better parallel with the pandemic situation and airports.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.