Yesterdays Tenerife South departure for TUI was cancelled and is due to depart today I think. Airports info on the website has it arriving at the airport at 17.55 today.
I saw this aircraft taxi to about stand 8 yesterday and stop and then eventually it taxied to stand 13 and was there when I left.

TOM6554 departed at 07:20 on Saturday almost 21 hours late.

The aircraft pushed back on two separate occasions and returned tech.

The decision to overnight the flight was made approximately 18:30 and passengers were offered accommodation in Cardiff and Newport.

Passengers were picked up Just after 4am to be taken back to the airport.

On arrival at the airport the passengers were told that they would have to route via Gran Canaria as there were cruise passengers on board.

On arrival in Gran Canaria a catalogue of errors lead to the aircraft being on the ground for over an hour before continuing onward to Tenerife.

Unfortunately the parents were on board.

Maybe a MAX affect there. As normally this time of year theres lots of aircraft available to cover a tech flight, however with an extra 6 wish aircraft being needed it may be a struggle.

Maybe a MAX affect there. As normally this time of year theres lots of aircraft available to cover a tech flight, however with an extra 6 wish aircraft being needed it may be a struggle.

They did bring a replacement aircraft G-TAWB on Friday night which operated the Alicante on Saturday then positioned to Stansted.

G-FDZU operated the delayed Tenerife then it operated to Las Palmas with a delay of several hours.

This mornings 07.00 departure Dublin was cancelled due to the aircraft being out of position having diverted to BHX last night as the GLA flight couldn't land due to fog. A SOU based Q400 may actually be operating DUB instead.
And the AMS 06.00 departure may have operated from BRS as it was diverted there last night.

Tomorrows Flybe Venice and Rome flights are both cancelled due to industrial action in Italy.

QR324 the 08.10 departure for Qatar Airways has been cancelled due to a technical problem. The aircraft is awaiting a part from Germany apparently. The passengers have been bussed to Birmingham according to social media.

The 2 RAF Valley rotations cancelled today 12th july. Any one know why or any ideas why cancelled.

I think the Newcastle was also cancelled so assuming tech unless it’s crewing
I recon its crewing. If the aircraft tech then they would have found some thing some where to operate Valley. NCL was also cancelled,and the aircraft in CWL was ferried to Doncaster.

Forgot to mention this but Thomas Cook has had some delays over the weekend.
On Saturday the based A321 broke a windscreen and had to divert to Barcelona on the way back from PMI in the morning. As a result the afternoon Antalya didn't depart until this morning after 2 aircraft were flown down from MAN 1 to operate Antalya 16 hours late and the other to operate Reus and Larnaca.

Forgot to mention this but Thomas Cook has had some delays over the weekend.
On Saturday the based A321 broke a windscreen and had to divert to Barcelona on the way back from PMI in the morning. As a result the afternoon Antalya didn't depart until this morning after 2 aircraft were flown down from MAN 1 to operate Antalya 16 hours late and the other to operate Reus and Larnaca.
I did notice the two A321s on FR24 this evening and had a feeling that's what had happened. Got to hand it to Thomas Cook though, the amount of effort they seem to have put in to rectify what was an unlucky incident yesterday, rather than bussing them to Manchester or anywhere else where there are open seats is a sign of a good quality company.

Aircraft positioned back down this evening. If it was crew how can they fly it or you suggesting cabin crew?
If flight crew perhaps had enough time to ferry the aircraft 1 way.It was a known problem with Eastern for what ever the reason to cancel the flights at a early stage.

I did notice the two A321s on FR24 this evening and had a feeling that's what had happened. Got to hand it to Thomas Cook though, the amount of effort they seem to have put in to rectify what was an unlucky incident yesterday, rather than bussing them to Manchester or anywhere else where there are open seats is a sign of a good quality company.
I imagine it's just easier for them to get another aircraft rather than mess about busing people and squeezing them onto full flights.

BA 787 8 G-ZBJF diverted in due to the technical problems at Heathrow earlier today. It was operating BA132 Jeddah to London Heathrow and landed at 15.27.

Heathrow and Gatwick been having problems all day. Lots of flights cancelled and diverted.

Heathrow and Gatwick been having problems all day. Lots of flights cancelled and diverted.
Yep. The ironic thing though I think for the spotters is that a BA 787 isn't much of an event at CWL but an A320 or A321 is because they are rarely seen at the airport.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock