Arrived into MAN on 30th June onto stand 204 and during the walk to immigration, I noticed a lot of hoarding up...is this for the work on the next new pier?
When does the refurbishment on the legacy T2 begin?

OAN 040/2022 – INSTALLATION OF MAN-TP SITE WELFARE CABIN DRAINAGE.
OAN REF:‐ 040/2022 DATE OF ISSUE:‐ 20/07/22 EFFECTIVE DATE:‐ 01/08/22 EXPIRY DATE:‐ 12/08/22
PLEASE ENSURE THIS INFORMATION IS PROMULGATED TO ALL STAFF
1.0 SUMMARY
1.1 An overall programme of up to ten working days to connect the recently installed MAN‐TP site welfare cabins located adjacent to Stand 201 to the foul drainage system. To facilitate the work a temporary diversion of the section of apron road that links the Terminal 2 rear and head of stand roads will be required. Vehicular access to the nearby airside vehicle refuelling point will be retained at all times.
2.0 SCOPE AND LOCATION OF WORKS
2.1 The scope of work will be as follows:
 1 x excavation within the apron road system adjacent to Stand 201.
 Installation and connection of drainage pipework.
 Installation of new pit cover.
 Reinstatement of excavated pavement.
 Minor reconfiguration of apron road markings.
2.2 All work will take place within a temporarily closed section of the apron road system, namely, the link road between rear and of head stands, adjacent to Stand 201.
3.0 PROGRAMME
3.1 The programme of work will commence on Monday 1st and will be completed by Friday 12th August 2022.
3.2 All work will take place during daylight hours, Monday – Friday.
4.0 OPERATIONAL IMPLICATIONS
4.1 For the duration of the works programme, a demarked apron road diversion will be in place H24.
4.2 The pedestrian route leading from West Gate along the head of Stand 201 will remain available at all times. The interface between the diverted apron road system and pedestrian walkway will be clearly demarked, however pedestrians should remain vigilant whilst approaching and crossing the diverted portion of apron road.
4.3 A contractor banksman will be on site during daily working times to assist with the management of contractor traffic, pedestrians, and general apron road traffic.
4.4 Access to the airside vehicle refuelling point adjacent to Stand 201 will be retained at all times.
5.0 LOW VISIBILITY OPERATIONS (LVO)
5.1 The work will have no impact on the airport’s ability to operate during periods of low visibility.

New update on the NOTAM/OAN thread.
Given the wording and the location this could be a sign of work starting in the main legacy terminal building? As in the remodel of the departures (and upper?) level? I assume the thinking is 211 can still be served from T2X via the current hole in the wall and a short boxed in corridor until it’s time to join the 2 sides.

Though in hindsight where that leaves the other legacy gates I don’t know ! Unless they’ll also be served by a boxed in corridor and they just won’t have seating and circulation space around 209 and 210.

Is there actually a plan out there to the public available to view to see what the next stages of the TP are and in what order with timelines?
Doesn’t seem to be very clear to me what is being done and when, both regarding the pier 2 completion and the refurbishment of T2 legacy

From what I've read so far thr next stage is the refurbishment of the old T2 and at a similar time work will start on pier 2.

I'll email my contact this evening and try to get clarification of this information.

Is there actually a plan out there to the public available to view to see what the next stages of the TP are and in what order with timelines?
Doesn’t seem to be very clear to me what is being done and when, both regarding the pier 2 completion and the refurbishment of T2 legacy
I have the pre covid one - though there’s no guarantee everything just shifted back two years.

I've received a response to my enquiry for the latest update on MANTP but I'm afraid that my source is being very cagey on when things will happen. Sorry I can't give any other news.

I've received a response to my enquiry for the latest update on MANTP but I'm afraid that my source is being very cagey on when things will happen. Sorry I can't give any other news.

Thanks for the response @Scottie Dog

Be interesting to see if eventual MAG and the contractors provide updates to the overall project like they did with phase 1…this was an overall good form of comms to the wider community’s.

Upon arrival in T2 a few weeks back, I notice most T2 legacy contact stands are now out of action or stairs are only available for aircraft.
Also on the departure board, I notice an increase in the B gates being used, I think these are the flights departing from the new remote stands north side of Pier A? And T2 western apron?

Are MAG providing any update to the next phase of the overall TP with a presentation as per phase 1?
It would be nice to see what is involved within phase 2 and the timelines.

Has it been announced what will be completed first: T2 legacy refurb or Pier B (2nd pier) being completed?

Upon arrival in T2 a few weeks back, I notice most T2 legacy contact stands are now out of action or stairs are only available for aircraft.
Also on the departure board, I notice an increase in the B gates being used, I think these are the flights departing from the new remote stands north side of Pier A? And T2 western apron?

Are MAG providing any update to the next phase of the overall TP with a presentation as per phase 1?
It would be nice to see what is involved within phase 2 and the timelines.

Has it been announced what will be completed first: T2 legacy refurb or Pier B (2nd pier) being completed?
Yes, B gates are bus gates (bus boarding is below the future B pier stub via quite a convoluted route). Given the temporary reduction in contact gates I’d hope the reliance on bussing is short term but I fear not.

I arrived in T2 on 9th Dec with Brussels Airlines at gate 204...steps were needed as the airbridge wouldn't work for the ground staff.
Plenty of work on-going during the walk to immigration.
Passport control queue for about 5 mins, then straight out as I only had hand luggage. Nice to see M&S and Starbucks still open at that time (around 9.50pm).

Disappointed this time around of the MAN TP there are no regular updates from the MAG team/contractors detailing the progress as per phase 1.
I don't see any work on Pier 2 phase 2? Unless it's going on but well hidden...?
What will be complete first the T2 refurb or Pier 2?

Time for an update:

According to documents that I have seen, there will be an announcement this coming week, with regards to Phase 2 of the MANTP Project. As soon as I have definite information I will update this thread.

The wider MANTP programme has been remobilised and some early enabling works have commenced to unlock the rest of the programme. This includes some demolition works including airbridges 209-212. This space will house the new "South VCC" structure (vertical circulation core). Demolition has also commenced on the redundant "Spar" and "Streecars" units in Arrivals and thd first bridge and escalators in Check-in.

In the meantime I have also read that the travelators between the station and T1 will not be replaced due to T1 becoming out of service from 2025.

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock