'Start conversation' is the way to send private messages.

When you have clicked it you enter the username of the person or persons that you want to speak to, add a title and the message then click 'start conversation' at the bottom.

Hope that helps.

'Start conversation' is the way to send private messages.

When you have clicked it you enter the username of the person or persons that you want to speak to, add a title and the message then click 'start conversation' at the bottom.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Ray.

Kevin

The alert symbol is the mail at the top of the page which highlights red when you have mail. You can start a "conversation" by clicking the mail symbol or by clicking the username and selecting "start conversation" with chosen user.

I understand why people get confused because on other forums its usually referred to as "private messaging"

Here is a quote from one of the XenForo Developers:

Kier said:
PM and PC are both valid in XenForo. A Personal Conversation is comprised of several Personal Messages, so you can still send someone a PM.

As Fred has noticed, we have replaced private with personal as private can be misleading as to the nature of the system.

Source:

Hope this clears things up as to why they are not referred to as private messages ;)

Thank you, I only wonder what the fear of 'private' is in the minds of the developers, what on earth would we get up to?

Basically, they do not wish to define it as 'private' because messages can be reported and then reviewed by moderators. Also, administrators can search through the forum database if they so desire and peek at messages.

While this community, in general, are well behaved, there have been instances online of illegal and quite filthy content being shared through the conversation system (sometimes without the administrators being aware) and then attempts have also been made to sue website owners/developers alleging that their conversation should be private and that nobody has a right to view said messages. By removing the word 'private' it saves this argument from popping up with claims that their privacy is being invaded in a world where privacy and your data online is a massive thing these days...

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock