Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
ASTWOOD BANK, WORCESTERSHIRE.
Country
United-Kingdom
I collect Herpa at the 1:500 scale. I have a decent collection but lack the space to display them. I am constantly looking for display cabinets or other methods without much success and lack of home space prevents me from creating a diaorama. All space is occupied with clutter and as such is precious. I start this space to generate discussion and ideas and hopefully gain some inspiration!

Moderators, feel free to relocate if necessary.

Last edited:

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE

Can you believe it, I'd never heard of Herpa before now.

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
Country
United-Kingdom
Following on, other makes include STARJETS, BIGBIRD and Gemini Jets but I restrict myself to 1/:500 scale for future useage.

EBay is my usual arena as some models come very cheap but sometimes very expensive, according to the market. The Antonov 225 was a find but the small BA jet beside the BA A380 was hideously pricey because it was limited production.

Collecting is fun and is a pleasure that only hurts my bank.

Kevin Farnell

May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Nice, I also collect them. Love Herpa, especially the 1/500 scale with new generation wheels.
Hello AvGeek and welcome to the forum. I'm sure that you'll find many like minded people here.
I've got several airliner models that I bought on the flights that I travelled on, but I'm not sure of their make. I think they are 1/200th scale and my best is a Singapore Airlines A380 (it wasn't cheap!). I've also got several Airfix (and other makes) of airliners to build, again mostly aircraft that I have flown on. Two of my favourites being a DH Comet 4B in BEA AIrtours colours (my first flight, at 6 years old) and a B737-200 in the original Britannia scheme, with the single blue stripe along the windows (the second trip I made by air as a small child).

Regards

Kevin

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
Country
United-Kingdom
Herpa was a bad start because the wheels were appalling. I got a few Starjets and was converted to HerpaWings went they New Generation. More accurate wheels made them the go to model at 1:500 scale. Have built up a fleet of A350k of BA to replace the 747 fleet( apart from the heritage jets). My next job is to create a diorama a base for my aircraft.

KOAK

Jan 6, 2022
California
I have been thinking for awhile about making a herpa airport model, then mounting it on a wall, so you are looking at it birdseye when you stare at the wall. I happen to have a wall that is impossible to get close to or lean on (or otherwise damage a 3d airport model).

Anyone know what large type of board to build it on? I assume I will be buying a lot of super glue :D

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
Country
United-Kingdom
I assume you would be applying Superglue to the aircraft directly or perhaps fabricating a cradle for glueing these occasionally heavy but delicate models?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.