• Admin
New Easyjet Base At Faro Airport Expected To Boost Tourism In the Algarve Region
View attachment 23683

EasyJet has officially inaugurated a new seasonal base at Faro Airport. The base is the airline’s third in Portugal, joining Lisbon (launched in 2012) and Porto ( 2015).

According to EasyJet, the new base at the Algarve region’s airport gateway will operate between March and October. Three A320 aircraft will be allocated, operating on 21 routes servicing Faro. The routes connect Faro across Europe, to cities including Amsterdam, Basel, Belfast, Berlin Brandenburg, Bordeaux, Bristol, Geneva, Glasgow, Liverpool, London Gatwick, London Luton, Lyon, Manchester, Milan MXP, Paris CDG and Paris Orly. In addition to the existing routes, five new services to Luxembourg, Munich, Lille, Toulouse and Zurich are being launched.

Over the past 22 years, EasyJet reports carrying more than 20 million passengers to and from the Algarve, “making a significant contribution to the region’s economy and its promotion as an international tourist destination. By opening the new base, the airline has also contributed to the region’s employment levels, creating over 100 new direct jobs under Portuguese contracts.”
The high-profile launch event was attended by EasyJet CEO Johan Lundgren, minister of state for economy and digital transition Pedro Siza Vieira, minister of infrastructure and housing Pedro Nuno Santos, VINCI Airports CEO Nicolas Notebaert, state secretary for tourism Rita Marques and assistant secretary of state and communications Hugo Santos Mendes.

Speaking during the inauguration ceremony, Johan Lundgren said, “We are really pleased to be officially opening our base at Faro Airport today. Despite the challenges that the aviation and tourism sectors are experiencing as a result of the pandemic, this new opening demonstrates EasyJet’s commitment to Portugal as an airline that contributes to the sustainable growth of the country and the rest of the European network.

“We are in the process of recovery, and opening this seasonal base allows us to respond positively to the resilient and growing demand that is expected across Europe over the summer months. We want to continue to contribute to the local economy and are pleased to have been able to create more than 100 jobs at this new base and look forward to welcoming more customers to the Algarve this summer and beyond.”

Across the border in Spain, EasyJet also recently inaugurated a new seasonal base at Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport, with the aim of “contributing to EasyJet’s positioning as preferred European option to travel to these sought-after destinations, while also allowing it to meet peak demand with seasonal capacity”.

The airline said the new aircraft would enable EasyJet to strengthen existing markets, as well as “exploring new flows in the future, which were not previously accessible”. It is also increasing its commitment to leisure and through EasyJet Holidays, “unlocking new markets that can be served from Faro and Málaga”.

Earlier this month, EasyJet added extra seats on flights from Faro Airport, and announced assistance with new testing arrangements.

18TH JUNE 2021 BY PETER LEONARD

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock