Norwegian Air Shuttle

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Alarming news today that Norwegian are talking to Boeing about the cancellation of 92 737MAX and 5 B787 airliners. They have been struggling for a long time now but an indication of how they see things panning out in the near future.
Things not getting any better for Norwegian.

Rob c DSA

May 27, 2017
England
Sadly it looks like the same scenario as with Flybe, Monarch and Thomas Cook the inevitable is waiting to happen they are in a huge mess.

Finger66

Aug 21, 2015
South Leeds
All the cliches apply here. "Writing been on the wall for a while" and "no smoke without fire". I hope for everyone's sake that they survive, but I fail to see how that is going to be possible. Let's hope today's positive news re a potential vaccine ends up saving more airlines than could have otherwise been lost. Clearly though not out of the woods just yet but any potential positive news gratefully accepted

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
Things not getting any better for Norwegian.

Unfortunately they were already in trouble well before covid when we had fairly good conditions. Covid has very quickly tipped them over the edge and I am afraid they are well beyond saving now, even with Norway's resources. They should have taken the IAG money when they had the chance!

I do feel very sorry for the people who work there. Aviation as a whole is on it's knees and unfortunately the opportunities beyond Norwegian are limited atm.

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
Norwegian are dropping long haul altogether.

Travel restrictions and changing government advice continue to negatively influence demand for long haul travel, and Norwegian’s entire Boeing 787 Dreamliner fleet has been grounded since March 2020. Future demand remains highly uncertain. Under these circumstances a long haul operation is not viable for Norwegian and these operations will not continue.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
It is a shame, but sadly DY was already in trouble well before covid. The press release seems to suggest this is only because of events since March last year. However, if you can't turn a profit during years of benign conditions with growth in air travel and low oil prices it won't take much to push you over the edge. Even the Norwegian state got fed up of throwing more money at them and stopped giving bail outs to them about a month ago. I guess they should have taken the IAG money when they had the chance.

I feel very sorry for the employees being made redundant, especially in the current environment.

Finger66

Aug 21, 2015
South Leeds
Sadly it has been coming for a while. The one bit of good news is it’s not the whole airline. At least not yet anyway!

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
the dropping of long haul among other things has got the government on board after failing to get support before.

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.