Alarming news today that Norwegian are talking to Boeing about the cancellation of 92 737MAX and 5 B787 airliners. They have been struggling for a long time now but an indication of how they see things panning out in the near future.
Things not getting any better for Norwegian.

Sadly it looks like the same scenario as with Flybe, Monarch and Thomas Cook the inevitable is waiting to happen they are in a huge mess.

All the cliches apply here. "Writing been on the wall for a while" and "no smoke without fire". I hope for everyone's sake that they survive, but I fail to see how that is going to be possible. Let's hope today's positive news re a potential vaccine ends up saving more airlines than could have otherwise been lost. Clearly though not out of the woods just yet but any potential positive news gratefully accepted

Things not getting any better for Norwegian.

Unfortunately they were already in trouble well before covid when we had fairly good conditions. Covid has very quickly tipped them over the edge and I am afraid they are well beyond saving now, even with Norway's resources. They should have taken the IAG money when they had the chance!

I do feel very sorry for the people who work there. Aviation as a whole is on it's knees and unfortunately the opportunities beyond Norwegian are limited atm.

Norwegian are dropping long haul altogether.

Travel restrictions and changing government advice continue to negatively influence demand for long haul travel, and Norwegian’s entire Boeing 787 Dreamliner fleet has been grounded since March 2020. Future demand remains highly uncertain. Under these circumstances a long haul operation is not viable for Norwegian and these operations will not continue.

It is a shame, but sadly DY was already in trouble well before covid. The press release seems to suggest this is only because of events since March last year. However, if you can't turn a profit during years of benign conditions with growth in air travel and low oil prices it won't take much to push you over the edge. Even the Norwegian state got fed up of throwing more money at them and stopped giving bail outs to them about a month ago. I guess they should have taken the IAG money when they had the chance.

I feel very sorry for the employees being made redundant, especially in the current environment.

the dropping of long haul among other things has got the government on board after failing to get support before.

Oslo County Court approved Norwegian’s reconstruction plan in Norway on April 12, adding to an earlier approval in Ireland. With creditors in Norway now supporting the survival plan, the company can start the process to raise new capital with the aim of emerging from bankruptcy by the end of May.

The plan, announced at the end of last year, axes Norwegian’s low-cost long-haul business leaving a slimmer carrier - 53 aircraft from a pre-pandemic tally of 140 - confined to focus on Nordic and European routes. It also envisages a cut in the airline’s debt to NOK20 billion kroner (USD2.36 billion) from NOK56 billion (USD6.6 billion).

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock