I'm away at present but should, hopefully be able to give my take on April's load factors on Monday afternoon.

I've just mentioned on the Leeds forum that Mrs Aviador was in Frankfurt a week or two ago. One of her colleagues who is from Liverpool was unaware of the direct flight from Liverpool and ended up flying from Manchester. Is Lufthansa or the airport actively advertising the route from there?

I've just mentioned on the Leeds forum that Mrs Aviador was in Frankfurt a week or two ago. One of her colleagues who is from Liverpool was unaware of the direct flight from Liverpool and ended up flying from Manchester. Is Lufthansa or the airport actively advertising the route from there?
Not sure about Lufthansa but the airport are quite active on social media and often promote the destinations and airlines that are on offer.

73 % for April 23 confirmed.

Yes they are. But people are rather blind to new things.

Yes they are. Over here in LBA world there is a massive pre-conception that you have to fly from MAN for more ‘obscure’ destinations. LBA and LPL on a fairly equal footing and both fighting against that MAN pre-conception. It’s quite frustrating for all concerned

They have to offer what they are told to offer. If a particular flight/holiday is not doing well at Man, they will be "under orders" to offer that even though you could go from LPL.

its not if a route is not doing well its what deals travel agents have with airlines and is based on x number of pax travelling on a route the airlines will give a larger discount, you watch Heathrow and Gatwick getting the best deals and now to an extent Manchester and Edinburgh. It was my job for many years and was very frustrating when people ask for airport X and all we could do was say no you will have to go from airport Y as we cannot get the seats at a price you will pay.

Arrived in Frankfurt after taking flight from Liverpool this morning, passed through security quickly now waiting for next flight. Flight over was.pretty much full, 6 in business class.

Sat on LH 968 FRA - LPL , awaiting second bus load of passengers. Flight completely full as advised by crew member.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock