• Admin

London Stansted reaches 90% of pre-Covid traffic in July​

1662625364275.jpeg
London Stansted's strong recovery from the pandemic continues with 2.5 million passengers travelling through the airport in July 2022, representing 90% of pre-Covid traffic.

The airport’s owner, Manchester Airports Group (MAG) - which also owns Manchester and East Midlands Airports – saw 5.5 million passengers travel through its terminals across the month, compared to 6.5 million in July 2019.

MAG’s goal has been to ensure that passengers can take their long-planned trips and this has meant that, since March, the Group’s three airports have served more than 17 million passengers and had among the lowest cancellation rates of any large UK airports.

Stansted’s terminal operation remained stable during July with all passengers clearing security in under 30 minutes, and 99% within 15 minutes.

A £12 million refurbishment of the airport's international departure lounge was also unveiled, adding more bars, restaurants, and retail outlets as well as additional seating for passengers.
More than 70 new security officers started in July, bringing the total number recruited since January to 300.

MAG CEO Charlie Cornish said:
“July was MAG’s busiest month since the pandemic began, with millions jetting-off for their long-awaited summer holidays, some for the first time in two years. This summer, more than 11m people will travel through our airports and, thanks to the hard work and dedication of our teams, we will ensure they get away on their travels smoothly.”
July passenger numbers for London Stansted and MAG:
London StanstedMAG
Rolling 12-month total to July 2217,963,92737,801,606
12-month total % change year on year+375.4%+404.7%
Rolling 12- month total to July 213,778,4737,490,410
July 22 total2,475,6065,502,450
July 22 % change year on year+258.6%353.6%
July 22 % change on July 2019-10.3%-15.4%

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock