Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Forum Server and Software Update

Dear all

Over the last week we have paid our server provider for another 12 months. It goes without saying that without the continued support from our members, Forums4airports wouldn't be here today.

A huge thank you to @paul @Carl0927 @Severn @paully @Pudding and a Guest who have made donations directly to the running costs of Forums4airports and also a big thank you to all our subscribers who have made regular monthly contributions.

I instructed @Ashley.S. to postpone a planned forum software upgrade and associated works last month due to escalating costs but I can confirm today that this work can now proceed.

If you would like to subscribe to Forums4airports and help with the forum running costs, please visit this page Alternatively you can make a one-time donation to the forum here

Thank you

Site Administrator

Ashley.S.

Site Maintenance
Staff member
Apr 10, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Country
United-Kingdom
Hi all,

Just to say that now would be the time to get your suggestions in. A newly redesigned forum page will be available in the coming weeks, here's a sneak peek:

2022-10-08.png

airforced

May 5, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hi Ashley
It seems that the new default site theme is Dark and prior to logging in, and changing the theme to Light, you remain on the Dark theme which has never been the case previously or is it just my account or is there some other reason this is happening? I doubt that a Dark theme is what people prefer.
Post automatically merged:

Correction to my previous post. The default Dark theme is always the starting point. I have changed, in preferences, it to Light and after logging in it defaults to Light. I don't think this is correct and also don't think that this theme will be attractive and encouraging to prospective members. Was this intended?

Last edited:

Kevin Farnell

Staff member
Ahh fair enough, do let me know when it occurs and I'll see what I can do :)
Here's an example of dark text appearing in the dark style website -

52454546379_403629a9d8_k.jpg

[EDIT] - the post was from here - https://forums4airports.com/threads/447/post-249785 If I change view to 'F4A light style', the text shows correctly.

Kevin

Last edited:

Ashley.S.

Site Maintenance
Staff member
Apr 10, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Country
United-Kingdom
Thank you @Kevin Farnell this is to do with the built-in WYSIYYG (What you see is what you get) Text Editor for posts so its likely the text was hard formatted black (like this) from the original source and has been copied over. I've removed the formatting and it should now relate to the light/dark style ;)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.