airforced

Premium Member
Subscriber
May 5, 2010
North Yorkshire
FOR ASHLEY I THINK

Because my spelling isn't the best in the world I use a spell checker which is listed as a English (UK) variant as opposed to the many other English variants out there. I seem to be getting a lot of words 'being flagged' as incorrectly spelt on F4A which check as OK when I run the post through my spell ckecker. I may be wrong but, without analysing it, it looks as though an English (US) dictionary is in use. Can I ask if the spell checker software used on the forum is of the English (UK) variety or alternatively have I missed a setting somewhere where I can change it to the English (UK) variant.

I too am using Firefox and wasn't aware that a spell checker was provided. I shall have to investigate further. The one I prefer using, which I do use as a separate checker is included with LibreOffice, which I find quite acceptable but I'll have to have a dig around in Firefox. Thanks both.

Just had a look in Firefox settings and an English (haha) checker is, as Kevin says, included as as default with no option of refining it. Will search further and report back if I find anything.
Post automatically merged:

For information of Firefox users. If you use Firefox as your browser Mozilla suggest that you can (I haven't tried yet) by the way, disable any spell checker you have installed which is set to kick in by default and replace it with a spell checker of your choice. I hope this is correct and will get round to it as soon as I can. For those who also use Firefox and want to get rid of that stupid English (American) effort that comes with the browser here is the link to the Mozilla support website that tells you hows to do it. I repeat I haven't tried it yet. It is probably not as straightforward as it seems. It never is. Link here https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-use-firefox-spell-checker#w_adding-dictionaries
Post automatically merged:

For information of Firefox users. If you use Firefox as your browser Mozilla suggest that you can (I haven't tried yet) by the way, disable any spell checker you have installed which is set to kick in by default and replace it with a spell checker of your choice. I hope this is correct and will get round to it as soon as I can. For those who also use Firefox and want to get rid of that stupid English (American) effort that comes with the browser here is the link to the Mozilla support website that tells you hows to do it. I repeat I haven't tried it yet. It is probably not as straightforward as it seems. It never is. Link here https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-use-firefox-spell-checker#w_adding-dictionaries

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock