Well - no problem there then - both todays early morning flights landed straight in. CAT3a ??????? (Or RVR not less than 175m CAT3b???? No messing about however!!! Good sign for future operations!!!
As mentioned on other threads Cat3b Autoland for both arrivals RVR.150m Wind 140 7knots.
Easyjet A.319 also making Cat3b approach as I type
Guess it says something about operating Airbuses from LBA.

In today’s mail on Sunday there is a very damming answer to a reader’s letter about wizz air’s failure to pay their debts and ignoring county court judgements

The first full month of the Wizz Air timetable had a 100% sucessful operational record, achieved by many Cat 3B landings in challenging weather.

It appears that the summer 2023 programme has ironed out the congestion witnessed this season, for example the 6 turnrounds on winter Friday mornings.

A weekly snapshot taken from the peak summer bookings system shows the following departures.

Mon - 0905 OTP, 2015 KRK, 2225 CLJ, 2230 KTW.

Tue - 0805 WAW, 2240 WRO, 2245 GDN.

Wed - 2200 CLJ, 2215 OTP, 2215 KTW.

Thu - 0805 WAW, 2140 GDN.

Fri - 0905 OTP, 2015 KRK, 2225 CLJ, 2230 KTW.

Sat - 0805 WAW, 2240 WRO, 2245 GDN.

Sun - 2125 OTP.

BH

Last edited:
I don't see why WIZZ would leave LBA even if DSA should reopen provided their profitability from LBA is favourable. I don't see why both DSA and LBA could not both support WIZZ ops provided there is not too much route duplication.

The trouble is too much capacity all from one region. When then operated from Doncaster they provided an alternative to Ryanair and an alternative to Leeds. Now it's just an alternate to Ryanair and Jet2 (Krakow). If we are been honest I don't think there's much market to go around to operate similar schedule to LBA with WIzz on top of Ryanair's offering from Leeds.

And we are forgetting that even if DSA were to reopen, could it be back to square 1 in a couple of years. Would they really risk that?
They will have signed a contract with LBA too, of unknown terms, conditions and duration. It's not as though Wizz generally and Peel were good buddy's at the end. The fall out with the UK arm must have had an impact. And there were definite stories of Wizz being in discussions with LBA before the situation at DSA was announced. Whether they already knew, or were planning to leave anyway we will probably never know.

Ultimately, if DSA comes back from the dead it will probably be down to passenger loads and bookings compared to those at DSA that determines the long term future at Leeds, but surely any airline would be cautious about going back to an airport that may struggle again and this time with new owners who may have no track record in even running an airport.

They will have signed a contract with LBA too, of unknown terms, conditions and duration. It's not as though Wizz generally and Peel were good buddy's at the end. The fall out with the UK arm must have had an impact. And there were definite stories of Wizz being in discussions with LBA before the situation at DSA was announced. Whether they already knew, or were planning to leave anyway we will probably never know.

Ultimately, if DSA comes back from the dead it will probably be down to passenger loads and bookings compared to those at DSA that determines the long term future at Leeds, but surely any airline would be cautious about going back to an airport that may struggle again and this time with new owners who may have no track record in even running an airport.
Whoever the new operator us there will be a clean slate presumably, quite possibly with incentives on offer.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock