@Elmdon80slad Your attachments are available by clicking on your profile and selecting attachments.

Alternatively, you can upgrade to get more out of the site including more attachments!

I have been into that but can not see anywhere to delete my pictures/files to clear some space, even if I Right click Delete or cut does not come up in the options.

I have been into that but can not see anywhere to delete my pictures/files to clear some space, even if I Right click Delete or cut does not come up in the options.
Did you find your attachments using my previous instructions?

Did you find your attachments using my previous instructions?
Yes indeed, in my attachments folder they are shown from top to bottom, but I see no way of deleting one/several or all of them, if I Right click on one there are plenty of options but just not delete/remove/cut I just can not find anyway to delete them.

Hiya, can you not see the delete option on the right?

2022-11-22.png

Can you please share a screenshot of what you see from the attachment manager page please? It could well be a permission issue somewhere that I might need to investigate further.

Thanks!

I can't post a screenshot as it says I have reached my maximum number of allowed attachments.

Hiya, can you not see the delete option on the right?

View attachment 27218

Can you please share a screenshot of what you see from the attachment manager page please? It could well be a permission issue somewhere that I might need to investigate further.

Thanks!
My Attachment manager page shows all my pics on the left then on the right it says "View Post" but no Delete.
Post automatically merged:

You can probably still upload to the gallery, have you tried?
Yep I tried - I have been trying that for a while says my attachments is full up, thats why I am trying to clear some.

Okay, that's interesting as it's believed the attachment quota system does not apply to the media gallery as I can only see two attachments and 20 media gallery uploads. I will need to investigate further!

Okay, that's interesting as it's believed the attachment quota system does not apply to the media gallery as I can only see two attachments and 20 media gallery uploads. I will need to investigate further!
It is odd, I have been trying to upload more pics for a while and keeps saying my quota is maxed out and full, an dlike I say there is now icon for deleting in my attachments page.

I'm going to test some changes, this includes having media gallery items listed in the attachments tab since they seem to be included in the attachment quota. I will however need some time and feedback to try and work out why users seem unable to delete items should they meet their quota...

So im attempting to load some old images of aircraft at LBA onto here but it keeps saying I've reached my max allowance yet to date its not like ive been going crazy loading images?
Can mods help me with this?
Did you read Aviador's post in the Information thread?

Over recent weeks a number of users have told me they have run out of attatchment space and requested more attatchments.

The attatchment limit for non-subscribers is currently set at 10, thereafter members are required to subscribe to enable more attatchments and to activate the attachment manager.

The forum does not currently have enough people taking up subscription membership to allow us to cover continuous growth of our servers and for this reason I am currently looking at different possibilities to secure the best option for our members and non-members.

I need to remind everyone that the forum Media gallery is the correct location to upload images, not as attachments within the forum. The reason for this is because attachments tend to be only viewed once where as media in the Media galley can be viewed over and over again.

Your attachments quota should only really be used for files such as a pdf document.

You will continue to be able to upload images and files but somethings will need to change. Over the next few weeks I will inform you what those changes are but I can tell you today that I have already decided the Travel Photography gallery is going to have to go. Sadly, it has never been used for what it was intended for which was to accompany travel reviews within the forum. If you have any photos in the Travel Photography gallery you would like to keep, you will need to download them before the 1 September before this is removed.

Please continue to adhere to the uploading photos etiquette I have quoted from an earlier post. If you have any questions or concerns please ask here...
He refers to a limit of 10 'attachments' for non subscribers. Looking at your profile, you have uploaded 36 'images' so it looks like there is a different quota for the two file types. I'm not sure what the limit is for images posted by non-subscribers.

He also posted this -

You can add photos through the media tab and post image code here to display your photos.
To Flying Yorkshireman's enquiry -

I seem to have reached my limit for adding attachments, which is unfortunate as I have several more photos to show. Is this issue time limited or is there a way round this? Any guidance would be appreciated. Many thanks, Richard
So, that may be worth a try.

Last edited:
Did you read Aviador's post in the Information thread?

He refers to a limit of 10 'attachments' for non subscribers. Looking at your profile, you have uploaded 36 'images' so it looks like there is a different quota for the two file types. I'm not sure what the limit is for images posted by non-subscribers.

He also posted this -

To Flying Yorkshireman's enquiry -

So, that may be worth a try.
Im able to see all the attachments I've posted in the past, managed to delete a few but unable to delete anymore? If any mods could delete these attachments so i can add new fotos go ahead plz.

Im able to see all the attachments I've posted in the past, managed to delete a few but unable to delete anymore?
I believe that some other members have had issues with this. Also, we need to define 'Attachments' and 'Images'. Some members who have posted both show both an 'Attachments' and 'Images' heading in their profile. Others, show just 'Images'. Images are attached from the header bar of the reply box (which appears to be what you did), whereas there is an 'Attach files' button below the text box, which I assume is for the addition of PDF files.

If any mods could delete these attachments so i can add new fotos go ahead plz.
List what you want deleting deleting and I'll give it a try.

I've moved the above posts from the LBA > Nostalgia thread, as it seems to be a repeat of the issues that Elmdon80slad was experiencing and so that further discussion does not impact the LBA thread.

Last edited:
Hi @LBA4EVER we're aware of issues deleting attachments so if you're having any issues deleting them, please report the posts and we'll be happy to oblige. @Aviador and myself are currently under discussions about a new set of limits for members, including but not limited to being able to edit posts anytime as this is where the delete function for attachments is due to the way that XenForo has been designed. Thanks.

What I'm looking at is reducing the attachment allowance available to standard registered members from 10 down to 5 but allowing all members to access to use the attachment manager in their profile settings.

For those who support the forum by subscribing will maintain their current attachment quota.

What I'm looking at is reducing the attachment allowance available to standard registered members from 10 down to 5 but allowing all members to access to use the attachment manager in their profile settings.

For those who support the forum by subscribing will maintain their current attachment quota.

It's already accessible to all members via https://forums4airports.com/account/th-attachment-manager/ but I believe it errors out if members try and use it because of the way the permissions work in regard to posts, so if posts can't be edited, you can't delete any attachments in them :-/

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock