• Admin

New deal delivers extra tourists to the Aussie Sunshine State

1669808033959.png

3 million people to travel through BNE these holidays​

Queensland’s Attracting Aviation Investment Fund will deliver even more tourists to the Sunshine State with China Airlines of Taiwan to expand its number of services to Brisbane from Taipei and Auckland.

Currently the airline flies from Taipei to Brisbane and return three times a week. This will grow to 5 weekly services from January 1.

Flights between Auckland and Brisbane will also be boosted from 3 per week to 5 from the start of the new year.

The expansion has been secured under the $200 million joint State Government and industry Attracting Aviation Investment Fund, which was created to boost Queensland’s tourism sector.

“China Airlines is a high-quality carrier with a significant worldwide network. They bring to our tourism destinations visitors from high-spending markets like Japan, Korea, Hong Kong and their home of Taiwan – all markets thirsty for quality air capacity to Queensland,” according to Brisbane Airport’s Executive General Manager of Aviation, Ryan Both.

Queensland Tourism Minister Stirling Hinchliffe welcomed the increased frequency of China Airlines’ Taipei - Brisbane service.

“Domestic tourism in Queensland is bouncing back stronger than before Covid, but there’s more work to do on international recovery,” Mr Hinchliffe said.

“More flights from Taipei will land 159,600 seats in Brisbane, $99 million in Overnight Visitor Expenditure and support for up to 960 good Queensland jobs.

“This is the seventh service backed by our $200 million aviation war chest because we know international aviation is absolutely critical to Queensland’s sustained tourism recovery.”
This holiday period Brisbane Airport will see 3 million people pass through its terminals.
“When Brisbane Airport is busy, Queensland’s tourism industry is busy too. And that’s great news for jobs right across the Sunshine State,” says Brisbane Airport Corporation CEO Gert-Jan de Graaff.

In 2023, China Airlines will celebrate 20 years of flights to Brisbane.

“Queensland is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Taiwan and has the largest Taiwanese community in Australia. With the Taiwan government opening up its border, China Airlines is ramping up to five flights weekly from January 2023. This will provide Queenslanders with an easy connection to nearly 150 cities around the world, including Asia, Europe and North America," according to China Airlines’ Brisbane General Manager, Jonathan Shih.

Each flight will also deliver 15 tonnes of Queensland export capacity, with chilled meat currently the number one item being dispatched to Taiwan, in a further boost for regional Queensland.

From 1 January 2023, China Airlines will operate a 306-seat Airbus A350-900 serving both Brisbane-Taipei and Brisbane-Auckland routes on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock