rutamkrd

Jun 14, 2016
London
Going to reply to this posted elsewhere ( because our LPL cousins have banned me from the entire site 🤨) and know most of you visit here as well

[IMG alt="mileymc1"]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/d1/avatars/s/1286/1286651.jpg?1612917779[/IMG]

mileymc1

·#18,774·Dec 15, 2022
^^ What gets me with many flag carriers is how majority of them only focus on the capital city. Imagine how much business Air France must be missing out on. From Manchester to France we have several other airlines with direct flights to Nice, Bordeaux, Marseille, Lyon, La Rochelle, Nantes, Salzburg, Toulouse, Mulhouse/Basel, Chambery, Carcassonne, Grenoble and Beauvais. In the past I'm sure Lourdes, Strasbourg, Lille and Montpellier where severed at one point as well. Manchester has more flights with France than other country (I think without double checking). Most of them seasonal but goes to show how inadequate and narrow minded major flagship carriers can be. They should be called Air Charles de Gauelle rather than Air France. Same could be said for BA in this country I suppose. Comes down to profits over transport.

Air France /KLM operate a significant range of services from my local airport h( when in France) under the HOP and Transavia brands also from Bordeaux and Lyon far more so than IAG do here .
And yes there are regional long hauls to Maghreb, and Francophone world including the Indian Ocean isles .

Bear in mind and its a bit of a platitude the French can pretty much experience all climates and terraforms within the boundaries of the country .

That said one of my daughters friend recently traveled ( wrong ways) to Australia via Canada from Nantes

Lyon does pretty well imho again emphasis of francophone world ( sure) and similarly with the Transavia brand

Both airports are also served by a carrier rarely seen this side of La Manché _ Volotea both domestically and regionally within the EU.
Post automatically merged:

By the way missed out my local airport is Nantes

Last edited:
We don't have direct flights to Toulouse (yet!). Ryanair have requested slots for this route to be served twice weekly next summer, but still waiting for the official announcement!
At the moment Jet2 and TUI provide skiing packages with flights to Toulouse, but I don't believe you can purchase flights only from them for the Toulouse route.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock