• Admin

Bristol Airport’s Runway Run Raises Funds for Charities

1672157128200.png
Over one hundred dedicated people raised over £1,695 for charity after completing Bristol Airport’s Runway Run, on Friday night (9 December) in sub-zero temperatures.
The event provided a unique opportunity for walkers and runners of all abilities to walk or run the length of the airport’s 2,011 metre runway, with some participants completing a 2k race, whilst others with more sporting ability completed 5k distance. The event started just after midnight, whilst the runway was closed for planned routine electrical maintenance.
The Runway Run, was organised to support three charity partners, Teenage Cancer Trust, Aviation Action and Breast Cancer Now.

Rob O’Dare, Airfield Technical and Compliance Manager, Bristol Airport said:
“Planning the Runway Run event is a huge task and would not be possible without significant teamwork prior to and during the event. The fact that the event was so successful is a great example of the ‘one team, one family’ approach from individuals, teams and business partners across the Airport. I am so grateful to all who supported the event in the organising and in taking part, many teams pulling out all the stops in sub-zero temperatures to ensure the event took place. The Runway Run creates a lot of excitement and enjoyment and this year was no exception. We were so delighted to welcome so many runners and walkers for this unique event, who arrived just before midnight to have some fun and participate in the event whilst raising much-needed funds for these amazing charities. In particular it was awesome to see so many friends and family members of those who work here day in, day out; and for them to be able to share in the experience.”

Tracy Burns, Teenage Cancer Trust said:

“We are so grateful to be Bristol Airport’s charity of the year and appreciate the valuable fundraising the team complete, in these difficult financial times for all charities. The runway run is such a great event and congratulations to all the teams taking part. Great support from all involved especially coming out in freezing temperatures, just shows how they have gone over and above to help their chosen charities. A great big thank you for the monies raised.”

Martin Jarvis, Aviation Action said:

“A massive thank you to the Bristol Airport team for putting together a fabulous event. Despite the freezing weather the team pulled together to facilitate a highly successful event with over 100 people taking part, with lots of smiles and raising monies for charity. Incredibly grateful for Bristol Airport’s ongoing support. “

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock