Qatar at BHX is like watching paint dry , Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wake me up when it's announced :sleep::sleep:
The time waster situation really, they want to start operations but their saying Birmingham has no demand and want to boost Manchester

The time waster situation really, they want to start operations but their saying Birmingham has no demand and want to boost Manchester
What does Qatar base demand on when they are not operating from BHX - Emirates and Turkish loads?

Maybe daily now from July / August we shall see
The Qatar A350 paint dispute with Airbus has been settled today.
So the 21 A350s that were grounded should be back in the air very soon .

If Qatar ever had an intention to relaunch BHX this year we should know very soon. As they should now have the planes back in the sky soon to do so.

The Qatar A350 paint dispute with Airbus has been settled today.
So the 21 A350s that were grounded should be back in the air very soon .

If Qatar ever had an intention to relaunch BHX this year we should know very soon. As they should now have the planes back in the sky soon to do so.

It actual 31 A350's they have grounded currently.

I'm sure to get all 31 aircraft repaired/repainted etc., then having to go through maintenance to get them airworthy again will be a long process. Look how long its taking Emirates to get all their A380s back in service after being parked up?

On that basis, I think realistically we are looking at the 4th quarter of 2023 at the earliest before we might see them back?

Now Airbus is to reinstate the original order to QR , we may see the A321XLR placed on the BHX service if it ever gets going .

It actual 31 A350's they have grounded currently.

I'm sure to get all 31 aircraft repaired/repainted etc., then having to go through maintenance to get them airworthy again will be a long process. Look how long its taking Emirates to get all their A380s back in service after being parked up?

On that basis, I think realistically we are looking at the 4th quarter of 2023 at the earliest before we might see them back?
Average time for emirates to bring back A380s is 2 weeks. However they stopped bringing them back hence why A6-EUO and A6-EDK are just stored at DXB. Their trying to get the A380s retrofitted. The A350's that are grounded will all be repaired by airbus following the deal they made

This is a genuine question!

I imagine that historical data will be a big one, they've operated into BHX before so will know the market and if global conditions suggest that the demand is there and enough people are travelling then they'll be back.

In a broader context you have flown passenger data. If someone flies BHX-XXX-BOM they go into the 'system' as a passenger flying from Birmingham to Mumbai. However, if you make a surface journey to London then, even if you live locally, you are just another London to Mumbai pax. Get enough BHX-XXX-XXX pax and more airlines willl want a share of the market, if one destination in particular stands out then BHX can use the evidence to try and get something direct. It's why connections via the main hubs can be so important.

I imagine that historical data will be a big one, they've operated into BHX before so will know the market and if global conditions suggest that the demand is there and enough people are travelling then they'll be back.

In a broader context you have flown passenger data. If someone flies BHX-XXX-BOM they go into the 'system' as a passenger flying from Birmingham to Mumbai. However, if you make a surface journey to London then, even if you live locally, you are just another London to Mumbai pax. Get enough BHX-XXX-XXX pax and more airlines willl want a share of the market, if one destination in particular stands out then BHX can use the evidence to try and get something direct. It's why connections via the main hubs can be so important.
Thanks Ray.

Only the 3 class 380s are being refitted to 4 class , with premium economy added
Pity no plans yet to fit them to the 2 class ones we get.

I’ve just been on QR website and looked for flights from Birmingham to Doha in August & they offer connections via AMS CDG etc but on certain days direct flights …. BUT .. it includes a National express coach up the M6 !! I did very nearly get excited….

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock