Load factors arent looking good.
I don’t think those are an issue for Eastern. It might be worth waiting to see how Jan and Feb go first. Let’s not forget that two of those December flights were operated on an E-Jet!

KLM looks pretty standard, as does ABZ.

There were seven rotations in December to EBJ, that would usually be a capacity of around 400. So an actual load factor of around 35% which appears to be in-line with ABZ. See how the coming months fare.

Last edited:
Esbjerg averaging around 7-8 passengers per sector in January, which seems low. Hope it picks up a bit on the back of continued advertising of the route, but when they start off slow they tend to fizzle out. I think they’re hoping to get some legoland visitors on board in the summer months, be interesting to see whether that works out.

CAA Stats 2022
Humberside saw 92,465 passengers use the airport in 2022 up 193% on 2021 (31,534).
Aircraft movements were 13,103.

For reference, comparison figures for the January 2019 - 2023 are available on

Esbjerg averaging around 7-8 passengers per sector in January, which seems low. Hope it picks up a bit on the back of continued advertising of the route, but when they start off slow they tend to fizzle out. I think they’re hoping to get some legoland visitors on board in the summer months, be interesting to see whether that works out.
Might get some but Billund is the normal choice for Legoland and with Ryanair flying from Manchester it's going to be much cheaper to drive over there.

Might get some but Billund is the normal choice for Legoland and with Ryanair flying from Manchester it's going to be much cheaper to drive over there.
Having looked at the fares, I think once you have paid for the Ryanair extras there’s probably not a lot of difference in it. Problem is how many seats are they selling at those prices, as if all seats are being sold at the lowest rate it’s not going to be breaking even I wouldn’t have thought. However, if the people using it are paying for the flexible fare it probably is paying its way.

I suspect like you say, that tourist traffic is most likely negligible to non existent on the route so the chances of selling flexible fares are higher. See whether it continues long into the summer.

Having looked at the fares, I think once you have paid for the Ryanair extras there’s probably not a lot of difference in it. Problem is how many seats are they selling at those prices, as if all seats are being sold at the lowest rate it’s not going to be breaking even I wouldn’t have thought. However, if the people using it are paying for the flexible fare it probably is paying its way.

I suspect like you say, that tourist traffic is most likely negligible to non existent on the route so the chances of selling flexible fares are higher. See whether it continues long into the summer.
I was thinking along the lines of there commonly being 2 adults and 2 children in a party visiting Legoland so even say a £50 premium per person soon adds up. You would also have the cost of getting from Esbjerg to Legoland, which wont be cheap.

Slightly belatedly, but here is my take on the CAA data for February:

View attachment 28207

View attachment 28208

Load Factors:
View attachment 28209
Although small numbers, encouraging to see EBJ load factors increase by around 10%. Be interesting to see whether this grows further as we enter summer. Also interested to see how NQY does with the increased frequency. AMS is quite frankly depressing compared to pre-covid and it’s somewhat concerning that the airports HUY has historically outperformed on this route have returned to a pretty much normal 3xdaily service now, whereas HUY still operating to a sporadic schedule and ATC still closing the airport at 18:30 on an evening - reopening only on request or for KLM when they have a night stopper.

Lack of TUI growth for next year is quite telling.

Can't understand why TUI have not increased their offering for HUY. I'm sure a weekly ALC and a Turkish airport could be filled.

Can't understand why TUI have not increased their offering for HUY. I'm sure a weekly ALC and a Turkish airport could be filled.
That depends on whether TUI have spare aircraft and crews available. If they have got them, would HUY be the priority to deploy them to, or are there other routes from other airports that would give a higher yield?

That depends on whether TUI have spare aircraft and crews available. If they have got them, would HUY be the priority to deploy them to, or are there other routes from other airports that would give a higher yield?
The airport is effectively closed at 17:15 every day with no plans on changing that. Reason keeps being highlighted as ATC staffing issues. It effectively narrows down the possibility of flying into Humberside between 8 and 5, unless they want to pay out of hours or can time it with a KLM arrival and still probably pay a small fortune for the privilege. This is simply unsustainable in my view and the sooner Bristow sell up the better, there’s a market of 1.5 million within 45 minutes of the airport, that is not small and is much bigger than Teesside and Norwich.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock