Coathanger16

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Sep 29, 2016
Horsham
Now officially announced:

HRH Crown Prince Announces “Riyadh Air” New National Carrier to Further Expand Saudi Aviation Ecosystem Locally and Globally​

Riyadh, KSA - 12 March 2023​

• Riyadh will be the company’s operational hub, and will connect the Saudi capital to over 100 destinations globally
  • The new carrier will acquire modern aircraft equipped with the latest technology, and will adopt world class sustainability and safety practices
  • Riyadh Air will usher in a new era for the travel and aviation industry globally and will provide tourists from around the world the opportunity to visit Saudi Arabia’s cultural and natural attractions
  • The establishment of the airline is aligned with PIF’s mandate to further enable the aviation ecosystem in Saudi Arabia
Other bits:

- Tony Douglas will be CEO (ex Etihad CEO)
- Aims to serve 100 destinations by 2030
- Expected to add $20bn to GDP with 200,000 direct/indirect jobs

Riyadh Air livery unveiled:

Not to sure myself. At least its not the same "Eurowhite" livery that most airlines seem to go with these days, but the tail design seems pretty simple and uninteresting.

Sounds like they'll have another livery as well, so remains to be seen if this will be the standard livery with the yet to be unveiled being a special livery; this being a special livery with the standard one to be unveiled; or if they go down the Jet2 route of having a fairly even split between the two liveries.

There are quite a few airlines with multi colours, Saudi, Gulf Air. There are a few which are lacking i:e SAS, Lufthansa with Euro Blue

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

Latest profile posts

All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.
1st time out and about with my camera for 4 months. 15km walked. Right ankle/foot is mot appreciative of what I did
so totted up the miles walked last year. Only 2083 done. Took over 8500 photos as well.
Upcoming changes to Forums4airports as we carry out our annual software update. More information to come shortly.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock