Bikerjodie

May 10, 2023
Scotland
Hi all, I've joined the forum to ask this specific question, so thanks for the welcome and I'll say thank you for those that will help to answer my question.

I'm flying from Glasgow to Heathrow and I would like to optimise the time in the lounge prior to my international flight, I fly into T5 on the domestic route and T5 on the international flight.

I am very fortunate in that I had enough avios to book a first class flight, so my questions is do I stay inside T5 and go to the main terminal building to the lounges, or would I be better exiting the airport and coming back in again, experiencing the dedicated BA first check in and access straight to the BA lounge? Big problems I know, but with this being my first time flying in this manner, I would like to optimise the time I can in the lounge.

Your help is appreciated.

regards

Hi

So I am assuming this GLA-LHR-xxx is all one booking any checked bags you have will be checked through and you won't have to see them at LHR.

In which case I would stay airside unless you have a specific need to go landside - so perhaps you want to go for a smoke or perhaps you have a long connection and want to stretch your legs and go somewhere for a wander in between flights (e.g. Windsor). However, other than that I would stay airside.

If your onward flight is from T5 as well the advantage is you won't have to do security again at LHR - just follow the signs for flight connections T5, there is a bp check at the automatic gates and then you go up the escalator in to the airside departures area. The domestic flights come in the north end of T5A so the domestic connection point is at that end. If you arrive on a remote stand and get bussed to T5A you will enter on the ground floor so just go up the stairs/lift and then along to the same connection point.

If you go landside, you can head up to floor 3 and the other (south) end of T5A and to the first wing. There is a dedicated check in and security there, but I wouldn't say it is worth you exiting landside just to experience that - especially as staying airside means you won't have to do security at all.

Now in terms of the lounge you can use the Concorde Room as you are in F. So if you stay airside once you enter the airside departures area turn right and follow the signs to the South Lounges (around gates A18/A19), up the escalator one floor, right when you enter the lobby area, and you will see the entry desk in front of you. The first wing security actually exits in to the Galleries First lounge rather than the Concorde Room, so if you did go landside you would go through that lounge, exit in to that same lobby area, and across to the Concorde Room.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Karfa

Thank you for such an in-depth response, that's very helpful.

We are on the one booking and there's no need for us to go landslide. The onward flight is indeed T5 and most likely to be the B gates. I'll stay airside and follow your directions from the north side to the south to get to the lounge.

I liked the advice on the lounge as some posts I had been reading suggested the lounges were quite difficult to find!

Thanks again.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock