• Admin
Half-term holidaymakers will travel as normal as Heathrow urges Unite to stop stonewalling on 10% pay rise
heathrow_acf7b740f89c4_thumb.jpg
Passengers will have a smooth half-term getaway with no flight cancellations during the next period of industrial action by security officers (25 – 27 May)
We urge Unite to put the current 10% pay increase and £1,150 lump sum for 2023 and inflation-linked increase for 2024 to their members

Passengers will have a smooth journey through Heathrow during the half-term getaway. No flights will be cancelled during the upcoming security officer strikes (25 – 27 May).

Heathrow colleagues have delivered excellent passenger service throughout the previous strike periods, with most passengers waiting less than 5 minutes, and almost all waiting less than 10 minutes for security.

Passengers can get the best start to their journeys by arriving at Heathrow no more than 2 hours before short haul flights and 3 hours before long haul flights and preparing for security with their compliant liquids and electronics out of their hand luggage.

As a good employer, Heathrow has been trying to help colleagues through the cost of living crisis by proposing a 10% pay increase which has been on the table since 1st January. We have subsequently improved this offer with a £1,150 lump sum and a guarantee of an inflation-linked increase in 2024. We know the majority of colleagues want to accept this offer, but trade unions have refused to allow their members to vote on it.

We want to give all our colleagues a hard-earned pay rise. We urge trade unions to listen to their members and ballot on the deal.

Heathrow CEO John Holland-Kaye said:

“Passengers should not be concerned about strike action by Unite over the half term getaway. The 15 days of strike action over the Easter peak and Coronation weekends have had no impact on the smooth running of the airport, and passengers have not noticed any difference from the normal great service they expect at Heathrow.”

"These strikes are completely unnecessary. When I speak to colleagues the overwhelming message is that they just want to vote on our pay offer, but Unite won’t let them. We made a generous 10% offer early on, to make sure colleagues got a substantial increase when they needed it most. Unite’s delays mean non-union colleagues as well as the majority of colleagues who are union members, who voted to accept our previous offer are losing out.”

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock