Couldn't believe I was reading this on Leeds Live today.....at last I thought some positive reporting from what I normally call Leeds Dead, but as ever, they had to get the dig in on 30% of flights delayed!!....

Lets see what the YEP take on this story is...bets on a negative headline anyone??

Last edited:
My friend has just sent me a recording of tonight's ITV calendar report on LBAs legal clarification on the new aircraft types' night restrictions. I'm not happy at all with the reporting, it was overall very negative, very biased and definitely structured to incentivise a negative reaction (I believe all details were technically included, but not mentioned for the bulk of the report). Also, guess who got air time :rolleyes:

I might be the odd one out here maybe but, I don't watch auntie Beeb or ITV regional programmes at all and I'm fairly sure most people under the age of 40 don't bother either. If it's not on YouTube, TicTok or Netflix it doesn't exsist. Ofcom reports viewership for terestrial channels fell from 83% to 79% last year and this figure will be top heavy with the age of 40 or over. According to Ofcom the age 16 - 34 age groups only watch 30% of broadcast TV, the majority of those won't include regional news programmes in their viewing. Similar figures probably applies to the use of FB as well as the popularity of that network is diminishing with over 40s as the main source of their viewing.

I might be the odd one out here maybe but, I don't watch auntie Beeb or ITV regional programmes at all and I'm fairly sure most people under the age of 40 don't bother either. If it's not on YouTube, TicTok or Netflix it doesn't exsist. Ofcom reports viewership for terestrial channels fell from 83% to 79% last year and this figure will be top heavy with the age of 40 or over. According to Ofcom the age 16 - 34 age groups only watch 30% of broadcast TV, the majority of those won't include regional news programmes in their viewing. Similar figures probably applies to the use of FB as well as the popularity of that network is diminishing with over 40s as the main source of their viewing.
They could scrap regional TV for me. They just regurgitate similar stories over and over again. Totally depressing, very predictable, hopeless presenters in the case of the BBC, and absolutely not what I want to start off not evening with. Or The One Show either.

They could scrap regional TV for me. They just regurgitate similar stories over and over again. Totally depressing, very predictable, hopeless presenters in the case of the BBC, and absolutely not what I want to start off not evening with. Or The One Show either.
I agree entirely with all of the above. Only occasions I have watched mainstream news over the past 10 years was during Covid, Major World news and recent Royal events. You Tube etc. gives me all the relevant news options and without having to endure all the other dross they dredge through.

The only other issue is with “ print news” outlets who seem to have lazy toddlers on reporting judging from the appalling grammar and spelling errors, which before anyone kicks off about those “skills”, they can really matter when trying to correctly tell a story.

PS When did “have” become “of”

I agree entirely with all of the above. Only occasions I have watched mainstream news over the past 10 years was during Covid, Major World news and recent Royal events. You Tube etc. gives me all the relevant news options and without having to endure all the other dross they dredge through.

The only other issue is with “ print news” outlets who seem to have lazy toddlers on reporting judging from the appalling grammar and spelling errors, which before anyone kicks off about those “skills”, they can really matter when trying to correctly tell a story.

PS When did “have” become “of”
Should of happened years ago lol.

Those have a certain age know better lol.

Specifically regarding the BBC and their airport coverage.

Generally speaking people are bothered about climate change but they don't want it to become the main focal point of their lives.

People like Spencer Stokes need to be more proactively reporting on the positives that new technology will bring to airports and aviation than running with this constant the world is going to end doom and gloom rhetoric. Just a couple of days ago the BBC reported on the Prince of Wales who has warned against talking too much "doom and gloom" in discussions about tackling climate change yet the BBC is one of the biggest culprits for doing that.

At this moment in time people are more bothered about the cost of petrol, gas and electric and whether than can put food on their plate than reducing co2. Recent by-elections have shown a huge dislike for the New Green Deal with people telling the London Mayor they're not impressed by the LEZ extension and voting accordingly. He continues to press on and ignore the voters. Locally Leeds City Council talks the talk about planting more trees yet they keep allowing house building on green fields.

#SpencerStokes

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock