I see they proclaim that Fast Track security has been suspended, as have all car parks not within walking distance. Whilst over the hill the opposition makes a big virtue of allowing you to book a particular Fast Track slot and for free at present, as well as offering 20% discount on various airport car parking...oh dear.
Well with respect, there is a huge difference in people using over the hill to what we have here. What's the point havng the furthest car parks open requiring a bus transfer until the passenger numbers start to pick up and the demand is there? They can fit everyone in the nearby car parks for now. I am sure that when the numbers require it the other car parks will start to open and fast track will be made available.

You seem to have missed to the point I`m making Heather..In business you always need to have a `gimmick` be alert to the offers of the oppostion and match or beat it. LBA come across as showing you exactly what a dismal process its going to be. That should fill the car parks then.

White Heather is quite right, what LBA are doing is correct for the moment, why would you want to go to Manchester, gimmicks or no gimmicks, when you can fly from your local airport. Things will change as we slowly get back to normal.

I wonder if they'll be using the same sort of thing for staff too. I'll be damned if they don't get some sort of test on arrival to work. Must be very easy and quickly to do for pax and staff alike to get this done when they arrive at the airport.

There's one of those tents airside too, presumably for arriving passengers to ensure the queue to immigration can socially distance.

Thought I’d post this hear for anyone who would like a read, but there is an article in one of local newspaper about swissport and it’s plans to cut the workforce by 50%, know it’s been mentioned on another thread, but didn’t want to clutter it up with something not related to that company.

With airlines reducing capacity inline with demand for this summer its inevitable we are going to see job losses during the short term. Once the threat of covid-19 abates people's confidence in travelling will improve and the aviation sector will rebound. I think Michael O'Leary said he expected the aviation industry to recover by 2023 but that remains to be seen as it will likely depend on whether there's a second wave of covid-19.

Last edited:
Is there any news in respect of LBA -BFS/BHD services being reinstated? I find it extraordinary that such a well used route has yet to reappear.
Nothing official but I understand a certain airline with an orange livery has applied for slots to operate a twice daily service from Belfast International from the start of winter. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Hi all,
My son is going to Malaga next Wednesday (22/7). Does anyone know if the lounges are open as normal? He's got a priority pass card so would use the White Rose lounge normally.

Thanks

I’ve just booked parking on LBAs website for a trip in September (all being well). They have an offer to get mid stay for the price of long stay! £48 for 8 days mid stay. Bargain!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock