White Heather

Jan 14, 2009
Leeds

Nice to make 1st place in a survey!!!!! Or is it?????
A somewhat unfair outcome given that LBAs queues when at their worst, were nowhere near as long as at MAN (or others), and we're vastly reduced well before other airports including MAN and BRS.
Funny that the same publication that claimed the now defunct DSA as the UKs best airport is now sticking the knife into LBA, which was probably DSAs main rival and arguably the airport to gain most from its closure.
It didn't take long for the BBC to publicise this either. On this morning's news.

LBAYORKIE

Dec 30, 2009
Is it me or have things suddenly gone very quiet again? That feeling could of course be psychological because a lot happened at once with DSA closing, along with Wizz, TUI and NPAS announcing LBA which by our standards was a lot of good news at once
I was wondering when the conclusion of the 'investigation into the alleged night flying breaches would become known..

Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
No where
A somewhat unfair outcome given that LBAs queues when at their worst, were nowhere near as long as at MAN (or others), and we're vastly reduced well before other airports including MAN and BRS.

Are you surprised? I'm not.

Regardless of facts, that you, I and other members know, the public answer surveys without facts but more with perception. Let's be honest know one really measured their security queue times with utter accuracy, so it was their perceived "around an hour" in the queue. Or "around 35 minutes" so it's not entirely accurate.

There's also the perception of the airports. People perceive Manchester as a really busy airport, so a security queue that's 30/40 minutes long could be in some people's eyes only 20 minutes. They knew Manchester was going to be rammed and busy and they were prepared. Leeds they don't expect to be as busy, so maybe a 25 minute queue to them turns into an hour/hour and half. The other tactic available is to keep people moving, as if you do, their perception of "queue" times go's dramatically down - bit hard given our 1980's terminal.

Put another way have you ever avoided going somewhere when there's standstill traffic? You've taken the long way, you've kept going with very little standstill however the time to be in the traffic and go the long way was almost identical. Your perception was because you weren't in the queue was that it was shorter.. It didn't but because you kept moving you felt it was quicker. Human psychology is very very fascinating.

Due work I visited briefly the terminal for something to eat, or to grab a coffee, and will say queues were hit and miss.

The only accurate way of measuring any queue would be to scan their boarding pass at the queue, it's scanned again scan it again at security to go through (all boarding passes/airlines are), and then re-scan after security. That way you get 3 times, time in queue to check point, time through security and total time. That would be the only accurate way. It would however be very people heavy

It didn't take long for the BBC to publicise this either. On this morning's news.

Really no surprise there. It made Sly news also. Bound to make headlines given the industries rocky summer - well May June and into July a little.

I was wondering when the conclusion of the 'investigation into the alleged night flying breaches would become known..

Me too. Bring it on. See what patheticness they've got.

a300boy

Premium Member
Subscriber
Dec 8, 2010
Leeds Area
Its just been posted on the Doncaster thread that a rumour is going around that Peel have accepted an offer for the Airport.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.