twev - is there any news out there about possible further strikes as I seem to get caught up in French ATC action every blooming year. I'm off to Greece next Tuesday.

You shouldn’t be affected flying East. Your routing shouldn’t take you anywhere near the airspace in question, which is the Marseille area control.

I realise that the Greece routing doesn't go anywhere near the French airspace. However, as our outbound flight is late afternoon any problems caused by the French earlier would/could impact on earlier UK flights, which would have a knock on effect as would other flights seeking to file an alternative route to the French airspace they were originally routed through.

Pleased to hear though that nothing seems to be planned so fingers etc crossed.

So where is this terminal extension going to be? Where the short stay car parks are now? I wonder how far down the apron it will go down? Massive improvements for the airport when this happens.

Interesting interview that. The guy sounds like he means business and very determined to make a success of it. Hope he can back up his words and deliver.

good morning all
any one no why the t.u.i. (sunwing) flight) was nearly 3 hours late departing to malaga this morning??
we are on this flight next sunday the 17 june hoping for better time keeping.
regards
snowman

Yorkshire’s Airport Ready for Take-off after Redevelopment

With the summer season now in full flow, Leeds Bradford Airport is delighted to announce the completion of the first phase of its redevelopment.

The region’s largest airport, recently rebranded Leeds Bradford: Yorkshire’s Airport, has undergone a massive airside redevelopment and improvements to the terminal front. Designed to offer more choice for customers with a modern and vibrant feel, a multi-million pound development has seen the entire departure lounge transformed with additional seating plus a range of new shops, cafes, restaurants, bar areas and airport lounges.

The Yorkshire Lounge, The White Rose Suite and 1432 Club are three purpose built lounges with stunning floor to ceiling runway views designed to offer a leisure, business or first-class experience. A brand new Cabin Bar, where passengers can indulge with elegant cocktails, small plates and craft beers has been added in addition to a complete refurbishment of the Saltaire restaurant.

A dedicated area to cater for large groups has seen the installation of The Beer House that has replaced The Sports Bar. Coffee lovers can now sit back and relax with works now complete on a brand new Starbucks facility offering its globally renowned coffee experience. Football fans can take advantage of a new Leeds United retail shop that also includes a selection of vintage England shirts.

As well as developing its food and beverage offering, the airport has also invested in free non-commercial seating within the departure lounge. Works on the terminal front are now complete and include an improved Meet & Greet car-park facility. The easiest way to start your trip, our improved service now allows passengers to collect their car right at the front of the terminal building.

The airport’s official taxi service, Arrow Cars, have relocated with their new office and taxi-lane now on the terminal forecourt. In March, the airport opened its first off-site car park, Viking Airport Parking. Situated just off the airport roundabout located on Warren House Lane, Viking ensures passengers have the smoothest possible start to their holiday. With members of staff on hand to park customers’ cars 24/7, shuttle buses transport passengers from the car park to the terminal in less than five minutes.

With an ambition to create an airport that matches the needs and requirements of the region it serves and the surrounding area, panels right across the front of the terminal building have been fully decorated with multi-coloured versions of Welcome to Yorkshire’s famous “Y” logo. Chief Executive, David Laws said: “We are delighted to offer our passengers even more choice in our departure lounge, as well as improved facilities for business travellers. We hope people will see this as the start of things to come for this airport.

Leeds Bradford Airport

The airport crash alarm has just sounded and emergency vehicles are en-route. Anybody know what's happened? #crashalarm

The airport crash alarm has just sounded and emergency vehicles are en-route. Anybody know what's happened? #crashalarm

Jet2 aircraft parked on stand 11, breaks had overheated, hence the smoke and alarm going off. no sign of fire though.
Passengers safely disembarked using stairs.

Last edited:
I am guessing it was LSAE then being the only recent landing. They really are having a great week aren't they!!!!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock