My Inbox has just received an email from LBA talking about exciting things happening at LBA. Note they are NOT talking about MASSIVE things happening. I wonder if the KLM 737 has been downgraded to exciting from massive? Answers on a postcard please.

LBA logo
Plane

Hello Boeing 737, From March 28th 2020
From March 28th, 2020 we will welcome a larger Boeing 737 aircraft flying to Amsterdam. The increased capacity is a well-received development from KLM, our longest-standing partner, having operated from Leeds Bradford Airport for over 30 years.
This will create an additional 7,000 seats during the 2020 summer season, allowing more passengers to explore Amsterdam; or enjoy one of the 161 further KLM destinations.

The Aer Lingus team
Thanks to Aer Lingus, we have welcomed extra flights to the culturally-renowned city of Dublin. The mid-afternoon flights operate three days a week, creating an additional 1,700 seats per month for business and leisure travelers.
The additional flights offer far greater flexibility; reducing transfer times and improving the choice of transatlantic connecting flights.

Happy Thanksgiving
Whilst we enjoy our traditional Sunday Lunch, Americans are preparing for Thanksgiving, one of the largest culinary holidays in the US.
Aer Lingus can get you to America with ease with new flights to Dublin improving connections across the pond. Throw caution to the wind in 2020 and get your hands on a pumpkin pie, Yorkshire puddings will be there when you get back... we promise.

Arrow Cars

Our official partners have launched a new app, connecting you to your flight even quicker. To celebrate, use code ‘LBA3’ when booking and receive a £3 off all journeys to and from the airport*.

Perfume

Enjoy up to 50%* off fragrance, alongside exclusive discounts you won’t find on the high street in the World Duty Free Sale. The annual event will be held this year at the Mercure hotel in Leeds.

We've been nominated as Best UK Airport

Thanks to our wonderful travel agents, we have been nominated and shortlisted as Best UK Airport in the Travel Weekly Globe Awards - fingers crossed for the award ceremony.

Oh dear !
With the loss of Ryanair routes and the 757 fleet being removed to Manchester overall its a MASSIVE disappointment so far.
Only positive bit for me is more flights by the B738 might mean less diversions in bad weather as our lumpy short runway prevented the 757 from using its excellent autoland capability at Lba.
Whet will be will be and thanks for cheering us up for a few days Bobby Ham!

Oh dear !
With the loss of Ryanair routes and the 757 fleet being removed to Manchester overall its a MASSIVE disappointment so far.
Only positive bit for me is more flights by the B738 might mean less diversions in bad weather as our lumpy short runway prevented the 757 from using its excellent autoland capability at Lba.
Whet will be will be and thanks for cheering us up for a few days Bobby Ham!

Whilst not doubting that the 757 is definitely only CAT1 enabled at LBA, how much of an issue can it really be in practice. Jet2 introduced the 757 into service at LBA in 2005, so they've been happy to operate them out of the airport for nearly 15 years ! That would be an odd thing to do in business if it was costing you a huge amount in extra costs or customer dissatisfaction.

Some good news, have contacted the airport with regard the new terminal express car park charges.
If you have a blue badge you just need to take your blue badge to the information desk who will adjust charge to £3, it would have been impossible to get out in 10 minutes, you can also press the button at the barrier and show the card.
Airport responded immediately to e-mails on the subject.

Hi all. Sorry for the delay in getting this sorted but good news to report!

The LBASpotters in association with Forums4Airports - Leeds/Bradford Airport Winter 2019/2020 Timetable is now finally on sale. Thanks to Paypal you can now purchase your own very copy for a small fee of £3.50 (Includes Free Postage) by using the following links to my Blog or Website shown below

Blog: https://lbaspotters.blogspot.com/
Wedsite: https://rossbailey001.wixsite.com/lbawinter19timetable

View attachment 15257 View attachment 15258

This 1st edition booklet has 28 pages full of all the up to date scheduled and charter flights that will operate through Leeds/Bradford Airport during the winter 2019/2020 season.

As a stat or business decision very little impact.
However if you are one of the passengers on the diverted flight it is Massive ( word of the week ) when it could be avoided.

So the original post around massive news coming in the next couple of weeks was posted on 31Oct. Tomorrow is 11Nov so that points to it coming this week. I so hope this firstly is positive, but also involves the long awaited terminal extension and a minimum of one new airline coming to LBA. KLM 737s and an extra 3x Stobart AT72 flights a week are good, but hardly massive, so don't think it's that. We all know there are huge gaps in the LBA market and network so I hope management have convinced someone of that fact and we can perhaps Orange a welcome party! One of my deliberate typos there. The difficulty re business routes is that they need frequency. 1 a day is no good, so convincing someone of a min 2 a day is no easy task.

I'm struggling to understand how LBA's projected pax figures by the Dft is 7 million by 2030 (a gain of 3 mill) given that we nudged 1.5 million over the last 10 years during the boom years of Monarch, BA etc. I think the Dft's model and estimation is inaccurate in the current climate.
And, if the Trans Pennine high speed rail route happens within that time frame it means we could be in Manchester from Leeds in 30 mins. I'm now thinking that we should think in terms of consolidation and protecting the 4 mill per annum and be happy with this.

And still a lot lot better than I remember from the early eighties. If we do get more business routes, whilst it may not plug that time gap, it will make things more year round. So here's hoping that comes about

Only 8 scheduled flights all day at Donny
Not that it matters how many departures there are from Donny today in comparison to LBA....
It’s not all about number of movements...

All of the 8x flights from DSA today are with aircraft over 180 seats (average seats per aircraft 190), whereas LBA has 22 departures today on mostly smaller aircraft (average of 122 seats)

DSA - 1.2 million pax per year
1,500 departing seats today

LBA - 4 million pax per year (over three times the size of DSA)
2,700 departing seats today (less than twice the number of departing seats)

Make of that what you will, but DSA doesn’t look like it’s performing badly when looked at its size.

I'm struggling to understand how LBA's projected pax figures by the Dft is 7 million by 2030 (a gain of 3 mill) given that we nudged 1.5 million over the last 10 years during the boom years of Monarch, BA etc. I think the Dft's model and estimation is inaccurate in the current climate.
And, if the Trans Pennine high speed rail route happens within that time frame it means we could be in Manchester from Leeds in 30 mins. I'm now thinking that we should think in terms of consolidation and protecting the 4 mill per annum and be happy with this.
Its not only Manchester to think about with high speed rail, the leaked HS2 report today highlights the benefit for Leeds with Birmingham in 45 minutes instead of 2 hours today, I would imagine east midlands even shorter.
Fortunately not sure the benefit for Jet2 to close LBA and share between Birmingham and Manchester, as air pollution will be an issue at every airport and a case of spreading the flights.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock