Something maybe the airport should advertise more? The CEO Look Norths interview didn't mention that I don't believe.

Or Jet2 to pay the airport to advertise the service. Not really up to the airport. Jet2 also I believe text every customer/booking the Eve before their able to use twilight to remind them of this service.

It wouldn’t make a big difference anyway, could have negative affect tbh, people think they’ve got more time and can turn up later. Personally I’ve never had an issue nor know anyone who has of check in problems @ Jet2. Usually plenty of staff and desks open and the check in process is a breeze.

I’ve never had an issue nor know anyone who has of check in problems @ Jet2. Usually plenty of staff and desks open and the check in process is a breeze.
Never flown with them but does Jet2 really need to pay the airport to advertise a service like that? I'd have thought advertising the ability to check in early and bag drop early with any airline is a service the airport would want to advertise themselves just as part of promoting the how it's better to use an airport like Leeds Bradford in general.

It's only specific to Jet2 however @Jerry. Swissport barley have the staff to board flights on time for Ryanair let alone offer a twilight check in.

Jet2 advertise on social media. There is also these links:

And communication as I say.

As the saying goes regarding the use of this "You can take a horse to water....."

If people don't want to use it they won't.

Or Jet2 to pay the airport to advertise the service. Not really up to the airport. Jet2 also I believe text every customer/booking the Eve before their able to use twilight to remind them of this service.

It wouldn’t make a big difference anyway, could have negative affect tbh, people think they’ve got more time and can turn up later. Personally I’ve never had an issue nor know anyone who has of check in problems @ Jet2. Usually plenty of staff and desks open and the check in process is a breeze.
If the twilight check in is used does that mean the bags are loaded automatically before the passengers are through security? Just thinking if thats the case no wonder theyre making sure no passengers are left behind.

Arrived back on Easyjet yesterday, sat on plane waiting for ages for stairs! We were on Stand 8 with the airbridge!
Then we were sat on a bus for ages to be driven to Domestic Arrivals!!!!
Why didnt they chaperone us on foot!!! Wast of time and resourse!

A question, relevant to all airlines. If bags are checked in and the passengers don't make it through security in time their bags must be 'offloaded'. Are the bags already on the aircraft by this time or are the bags on the trolleys?
I only ask because you would think its always going to be easier to bring the pax to the front of the queue than to take bags off the aircraft or sort through trolleys.

So why would airline choose to offload bags in preference to bringing pax to front of queue? Doesnt make sense.

Does the handler have the staff to do this?
How long is the queue?
How many passengers missing?
Is it worth it? Could the airline pick a hefty delay if it was going to do so? Delaying the flight could result in a further slot.
Will security/airport allow this?

For afternoon flights people have plenty have time to get there and check in and get through.

Does the handler have the staff to do this?
How long is the queue?
How many passengers missing?
Is it worth it? Could the airline pick a hefty delay if it was going to do so? Delaying the flight could result in a further slot.
Will security/airport allow this?

For afternoon flights people have plenty have time to get there and check in and get through.

Im going to continue on security/immigration thread.

So why would airline choose to offload bags in preference to bringing pax to front of queue? Doesnt make sense.
By this point all the other passengers who are on time have already boarded, otherwise there wouldn't be a need to offload them.

Just for interest, you will recall that Southampton had approval to extend its runway, but the Southern buddies of the group that shall not be mentioned challenged the approval stating it was unlawful using exactly the same nonsense they said they would use at LBA had the terminal gone ahead. They were seeking a Judicial Review for the 2nd time. Their first attempt was rejected too but they had appealed to the High Court.

Today, their legal challenge was thrown out by the High Court Judge. Good on him/her.

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock