Im not hiding there, they might be an overrun haha
running like crazy now haha
Seriously though however they develop the current terminal, its just not big enough, we all know that!
Now that isn't correct because the cancelled terminal footprint was going to be smaller than the current terminal after redevelopment. Its not the space it's how the space is utilised that is important. It is going to be incredibly difficult to do but let's wait and see before criticising.

Over recent weeks there has been tension on the Leeds forum leading to a number of complaints received by me. People posting things in the wrong threads and people having banter within the threads, perceived by some as not the right etiquette for the forum. As the forum administrator the complaints usually end up with me.

I would like to remind everyone that you have a personal responsibility to ensure your own posts are suitable for the forum but you must also accept that the forum is a public space and should be treated as such. That means if you don't like a particular forum discussion, don't follow it. If you more often than not disagree with someone, unfollow them.

The forum Moderator team will of course intervene wherever the forum rules are broken but as a user of the forum you must share some of the responsibility in keeping the forum a friendly place to be. If you don't like something someone has posted, message them. We man the site by good will. Nobody is paid to do the job so please accept some personal responsibility.

Site Administrator

Over recent weeks there has been tension on the Leeds forum leading to a number of complaints received by me. People posting things in the wrong threads and people having banter within the threads, perceived by some as not the right etiquette for the forum. As the forum administrator the complaints usually end up with me.

Really!?

I mean sometimes discussions merge, you could quite easily identify the majority of posts as in the wrong thread. If an aircraft divert's en route and it's a Jet2 or Ryanair aircraft does it belong in the Weather/Tech etc delays one or does it belong in the relevant airline thread. You could duplicate posts.

Is it relevant to discuss recovery options in the Jet2 thread if they face a major storm affecting 5/6 arrivals and then the morning departures the next day or are they to be discussed in the relevant weather/cancellations/delays thread?

New routes for Jet2 - Route Development or Jet2? If the discussion is going about Jet2 removing routes/or potentially adding a further aircraft are we to places it in the Jet2 thread or the route development (Recent example - Jet2 and some mountain destination not entirely sure where :ROFLMAO: ) - Does that belong in Jet2 thread as it's somewhere people would like Jet2 to serve or route development as somewhere people want to see served from LBA?

What I guess I'm saying in a roundabout way is that, discussion points merge and a lot of posts can be duplicated and put in other threads. It is interpretative and personal opinion where some discussions belong. There is a lot "grey area" when it comes to discussions in some threads. And quite frankly I'm happy to see healthy debate happen in some threads if it brings traffic to the forum and healthy debate between members.

I just think certain contributors are allowing their political bias to highjack threads. Politics are relevant, especially over the last couple of years but we should remain apolitical and not slag off any party.
In general I would agree. However, when it comes to the Government's handling of our new terminal scheme, then I think criticism is perfectly in order. Same with regard to the Mayor's lack of open support. I have no problem reading people's criticisms of Government and Politicians where their actions have negatively affected LBA and the entire region.

Some context, the BA ballot was for those in the GMB, they are check in staff, and around 800 in total. So overall impact if there is a strike will not be great. However, other parts of BA are currently doing strike ballots so this could change.

I very much doubt more than a very very small handful of people will respond to potential cancellation of their MAN/NCL flights by moving to the BE service. Firstly BA will not rebook them on BE anyway, and unless you happen to live in north Leeds or perhaps the southern part of N Yorks, you are going to get the trains from Newcastle and Manchester to London instead if you can't fly from MAN or NCL. If you live in Manchester and needed to go to London (point to point or to connect on from LHR) you would have to be certifiable to book on BE and travel across to LBA rather than just take the WCML.

Common now surely a bit of banter doesn’t hurt anyone. It gets people talking on here which is what we want. As for posts not being related to the thread surely mods will move them if deemed inappropriate for the thread in question.

In general I would agree. However, when it comes to the Government's handling of our new terminal scheme, then I think criticism is perfectly in order. Same with regard to the Mayor's lack of open support. I have no problem reading people's criticisms of Government and Politicians where their actions have negatively affected LBA and the entire region.
I think most of the blame lies with Stuart Andrew personally.

What I object to is the forum being used as a platform for espousing political views and biases and often directing abuse (as opposed to criticism) at politicians.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock