Not sure if there was a thread for the Leeds East Airport but Radio Yorkshire reporting the CAA considering a licence application for the airport...

Not sure if there was a thread for the Leeds East Airport but Radio Yorkshire reporting the CAA considering a licence application for the airport...

Yeap the CAA have been inspecting the airfield at Leeds East airport for the past few days. Last week saw on there ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- page that all the new runway/taxiway marker boards had been installed along with new line painting done. I'm sure they are looking to get it fully licenced to comply to CAP 699 Standards for the competence of Rescue and Fire Fighting Service regulations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-leeds-37261094?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=57ceced7e4b04489def6a632&Inspectors+looking+at+new+Leeds+airport+site&&ns_fee=0#post_57ceced7e4b04489def6a632

Last edited:
So if they run 'business services' flights is that somehow different to a normal flight one might catch or are they just pointing out their target market is not leisure?

Total guesses but:

Vueling doesn't stop. It's a year-round service.

Air Europa - late October.

Austrian - late September.

Here's details of when the charter flights finish for the summer season.

Austrian, Fokker 70 - from/to Innsbruck = Finishes Saturday, September 24th
Air Europa, Boeing 737-800 - From/to Palma = Finishes Friday, September 30th
Balkan Holidays Air, Airbus A321 = From/to Bourgas = Finishes Saturday, October 1st
Thomson Holidays, Boeing 737-800 = Based Aircraft = Finishes Monday, October 31st

Also mentioned Aurigny & Vueling are operating year round services.

Here's details of when the charter flights finish for the summer season.

Austrian, Fokker 70 - from/to Innsbruck = Finishes Saturday, September 24th
Air Europa, Boeing 737-800 - From/to Palma = Finishes Friday, September 30th
Balkan Holidays Air, Airbus A321 = From/to Bourgas = Finishes Saturday, October 1st
Thomson Holidays, Boeing 737-800 = Based Aircraft = Finishes Monday, October 31st

Also mentioned Aurigny & Vueling are operating year round services.
Thanks for the detailed information lbaspotter. I'd like to photograph the Balkan A321 too. I'm glad Vueling are all year round. I went up to LBA last week to photograph the Vueling, but they sent Avion Express instead.

I dont know if anyone has noticed but there is a couple of items about LBA in Sept/Oct issue of Airports of the World. One is entitled "A day in the life of a Station Manager" which is about Jet2 ops and the other is about Inspiration at the Airport and ATC. Not had chance to read it properly yet though

The departure board looks mighty deppressing after 1435 today. One solitary departure to Dublin vs 10 from Robin Hood.

Yeah
The departure board looks mighty deppressing after 1435 today. One solitary departure to Dublin vs 10 from Robin Hood.

That's because most LBA departures were operated outbound early doors by based aircraft. Hence LBA has a bunch of arrivals later. Also don't forget we have alot of ski flights to start next month which will make it look a whole lot busier.

We still had more flights from today. LBA = +21 / DSA +15

I think they only had 1 arrival before lunchtime which makes DSA look alot busier due to having a big influx of 7x non based Wizz Air aircraft arriving later on this evening. Now If only LBA could fill in a big void like that?

'IT WAS HUMILIATING'
Disabled man’s fury as Leeds Bradford Airport staff CARRY him on board a plane and blame ‘staff shortage’

Joshua Gardner, 20, was told he could either let the staff carry or miss out on the family holiday to Disneyland Paris

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/21317...im-on-board-a-plane-and-blame-staff-shortage/

I am sure people will remember this guy. On his last visit to Leeds Bradford Airport he criticised airport security saying he was allowed to take restricted items through to his flight. In this case he has reported how he was "humiliated" at being told he would miss his flight if staff weren't allowed to carry him on-board the Jet2 flight to Paris.

Clearly Joshua Gardener seems to have some kind of vendetta against Leeds Bradford Airport. He seems to find something wrong every time he visit to the airport. Having some inside information on what really happened during his last visit when he reported the so-called security failings, I'm no longer convinced of his credibility with his latest report regarding Leeds Bradford Airport's Passengers With Reduced Mobility provided by OCS.

I'm not really surprised this came to light Aviador. As I've seen him direct tweets to both Leeds Bradford Airport and its management recently. So looks like his sold the story to Sun Newspaper group this time around, And like you say. He did with the previous one he did with BBC North!

It would seem his got a bit of a grudge against the airport, reading through some of his public tweets he has recently been in direct contact with Tony Hallwood whom in reply confirmed that incident was fully investigated afterwards. The outcome been that one of the 2x ambulift vehicles was broken down at the time and that carrying a passenger up the aircraft stairs was normal procedure when one wasn't available. Also understand the airport management has set up a meeting with the lad in question as well.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock