Airport Consultative Committee [Questions & Responses]

White Heather

Jan 14, 2009
Leeds
Or in other words refuse the new terminal plans and you end up with an extension to a none eco friendly terminal! Its just beyond believe, laughable in fact!
Well it's a point we have been making to them for the last 18 months. They didn't listen. From their point if view it's a partial victory as it will stop the change in daytime hours. Or at least, substantially delay it. However, they won't be laughing when they figure out that any expansion through the terminal extension (2019) won't include any noise insulation measures, no tree planting and none of the list of things included in the latest planning approval. As well as no carbon neutral terminal.

They will have well and truly shot themselves in the foot and, at the same time, made things worse for locals who will have their lives 'ruined' by all the extra aircraft and all that noise they apparently make.

Concorde_LBA

Apr 29, 2021
Leeds
G

Good point, how on earth can jenrick sit down and study the LBA plans in detail with so many other things going on atm inc tv appointments, does not make sense
Even more reason for him to give it the green light as he must know the main points regarding the plans. I understand he’s busy but I don’t think it should take him so long as it currently has to make a decision. The points below are the main points he should know about the plans:
  • Better transport links (which includes a rail link)
  • Environmentally friendly terminal
  • Not expansion.
  • Great for the Yorkshire economy.

Ap1995

Feb 27, 2011
Also bare in mind it is the G7 summit this week. hopefully we will hear something very soon. I cant see it being rejected/called in, if it does its absolutely ludicrous. get the economy moving, get the jobs secured, get the concrete in the ground.. no brainer

further to this - great news regarding the loads - with Eastern, they need the ATR on the route - & do something like LBA - BHD - LBA - NQY - LBA - BHD - LBA with then NQY been replaced with JER / IOM mid week rotations, I think that would work very well.

with Aurigny again great news on bookings but if this is the case why is it only x2 weekly still? I'm sure at one point it was x4 weekly - another rotation would be fantastic.

Last edited:

LBAYORKIE

Dec 30, 2009
Well it's a point we have been making to them for the last 18 months. They didn't listen. From their point if view it's a partial victory as it will stop the change in daytime hours. Or at least, substantially delay it. However, they won't be laughing when they figure out that any expansion through the terminal extension (2019) won't include any noise insulation measures, no tree planting and none of the list of things included in the latest planning approval. As well as no carbon neutral terminal.

They will have well and truly shot themselves in the foot and, at the same time, made things worse for locals who will have their lives 'ruined' by all the extra aircraft and all that noise they apparently make.

How many passengers can the 2019 terminal extension handle? My assumption is it will bring the airport closer to 7m but not all the way there.
I know that it depends on carriers increasing their flights but if they did and all other things being equal could we get to maybe 6m?

White Heather

Jan 14, 2009
Leeds
How many passengers can the 2019 terminal extension handle? My assumption is it will bring the airport closer to 7m but not all the way there.
I know that it depends on carriers increasing their flights but if they did and all other things being equal could we get to maybe 6m?
I believe the initial estimate was 5m with further expansion to 7m, but not sure what had to be done to make that final jump. It's just as likely to be section 106 requirements as anything to do with the building itself, although frankly I wouldn't fancy 7m passing through our cramped and crazy departures.

I seem to recall though that GALBA claim that LBA have to submit a further planning application at 5m.

I don't think that if LBA do the extension it will result in them dropping the new terminal plans in the longer term. Its more likely to be a stop gap measure to enable LBA to bounce back and re-build passenger throughput, as until the passengers come back, there won't be any new terminal. It's obvious now that even if approved, the new terminal has slipped back at least a couple of years.

LBA4EVER

Mar 10, 2018
baildon
www.easydrive-yorkshire.co.uk
An extension of that size to the current terminal in my opinion would be no good, due to the shape of the terminal it would still be cramped even at 4 or 5million pax and once again new and even present airlines will not go anywhere near LBA, i cant believe we have gone to this low to second best, LBA needs and deserves a brand new terminal at the eastern end, jenrick just bloody approve it!!

lbaspotter

Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
Thankyou for the very informative update once again @White Heather

Good to hear KLM, Ryaniar & Aer Lingus are getting good loads on there Leeds routes along with Aurigny to Guernsey .

Hearing lots of positive vibes around Eastern Airways, they did post on one of there social media accounts last week that the wont be any more new routes added for summer, but didn't rule out new routes being announced for the winter 2021/22 scheduled.

Last edited:

Len Fish

Jun 5, 2017
Batley
It’s good news to see that the flights that are currently operating are doing well load factors wise especially aurigny and if continues to do so then maybe they could consider extra flights.

Good to see a lot of work had been done within the airport, which will be better for all.

with regards to GALBA I think they should be grateful he’s giving his time up to listen to them. Either take the offer or don’t. If they do have the brains to take the offer. VH can put the true facts rather than their misleading ones.

Thank you Heather for the information as always.
Problem is GALBA and their mates don’t listen to the true facts, only their own highly distorted ones and that’s never going to change.

White Heather

Jan 14, 2009
Leeds
Problem is GALBA and their mates don’t listen to the true facts, only their own highly distorted ones and that’s never going to change.
The quote is that there are Lies, Damned Lies, and statistics, and anti airport NIMBY cum Environmental Groups are masters of using them all to try to destroy LBA and achieve their own aims.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.