FlyBe is set to pass on its London City-Aberdeen route to Eastern using a Saab 2000 50 seater so say Airliner World......I thought it would be the total opposite and Flybe to drop their franchise partner.....
Saab 2000 G-CDKB(Eastflight 7617) inbound to Leeds from London City 2035 this evening

Travel Trade notification today of T3 frequency reduction on CWL - NCL and NCL - ABZ. This is hot on the heels of the announced cut of ABZ -SYY flights. Dried Fruit a Forum also suggesting an imminent announcement for ABZ - LCY. I seriously hope this is not the beginning of the end because we all know T3 are in a bit of a mess just now!

ABZ-LCY is Eastern operating on behalf of Flybe so i'd imagine it would be Flybe's decision to cut that.
Yes it could indeed be a BE decision but also suspect there may be a T3 involvement. Gone from one of ABZ biggest operators to..............
T3 had a nice little niche going on but haven't moved sufficiently well with the times and there current situation and cuts prove that

Just for info, one of the Eastern Saabs is parked at Multiflight this morning. J41 MAJK is parked on stand 3 and ATR72 IACZ is on the inbound BE7601 from Southampton.

...which is showing cancelled according to FR24. Also, EI-FSK seems to be in the hold as we speak, and given the thick fog this morning I wouldn't hold out much hope!!

Has the based Eastern Airways Saab 2000 gone tech?

As I see BAe Jetstream 41, G-MAJK positioned in from Teeside Sunday affernoon as EZE71P so to operate the EZE7606/7607 Southampton rotation. It then also operated both Mondays EZE7600/7601, EZE7606/7607 and yesterday evenings EZE7606/7607 before positioning out to Humberside as EZE26P.
BAe Jetstream 41, G-MAJU positioned in from Newcastle as EZE32P to operate this morings EZE7600/7601 Southampton rotation before positioning back out to Newcastle as EZE33P

It would seem that Eastern Airways have being tinkering with the summer 19 programme as the airlines Leeds/Bradford – Southampton route now has new schedule flight timings as follows. Good news is that all flights are still been shown operated by Saab 2000 aircraft

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursdays
BE7600 = LBA 07:00 – SOU 08:05 / BE7601 = SOU 09:45 – LBA 10:50
BE7606 = LBA 17:00 – SOU 18:05 / BE7607 = SOU 18:45 – LBA 19:50
Fridays
BE7600 = LBA 11:00 – SOU 12:05 / BE7601 = SOU 12:45 – LBA 13:50
BE7606 = LBA 16:00 – SOU 17:05 / BE7607 = SOU 17:45 – LBA 18:50
Sundays
BE7606 = LBA 17:00 – SOU 18:05 / BE7607 = SOU 18:45 – LBA 19:50

Embraer 145 G-CISK has just positioned in (0720).

She positioned in from Humberside as "EZE12P" to operate the early "EZE7600" service to Southampton, which for some reason eventually ended up diverting to Bristol. The returning northbound EZE7601 service to Leeds was then cancelled and the aircraft positioned straight back to Humberside empty as "EZE022P"

Meanwhile the Leeds based Saab 2000, G-CERZ positioned down to Cardiff around lunchtime as "EZE957P" It then operated a charter flight back to Leeds as "EZE9570", it brought in Swansea City FC for there game against Leeds Utd tomorrow evening at Elland Road

Further rumours circulating that Eastern Airways may be up for sale. Can't really see there is much of the company left to actually sell. If anything does happen then I really hope this doesn't result in further bad news for LBA with the loss of our SOU service

Further rumours circulating that Eastern Airways may be up for sale. Can't really see there is much of the company left to actually sell. If anything does happen then I really hope this doesn't result in further bad news for LBA with the loss of our SOU service

All accounts the airline is "burning money like no tomorrow", rumour has it that US based Bristow Group may have either sold or given Eastern Airways back to its previous owners eg, Richard Lake.

All accounts the airline is "burning money like no tomorrow", rumour has it that US based Bristow Group may have either sold or given Eastern Airways back to its previous owners eg, Richard Lake.
If they haven’t wonder if connect airways will buy them

So is there an opportunity for them to also pick up some ex BMI stuff here or are they in too much of a mess just now for that? LBA- MUC anyone. Could make good use of a based EMbraer at LBA. Twice a day to SOU, one a day to MUC plus tag a fourth daily rotation in for somewhere.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock