More A330 flights loaded in case anyone is keeping track.

8th, 10th, 12th and 15th see the A330 used. 10th sees 2 of the 3 daily flights using the A330.

The evening flight sees a lot of A321 usage too this month.

Always interesting when a "hub" airline reveals popular end destinations from MAN. And Turkish have apparently done just that, presumably reflecting May 2016 bookings:

1 - Capacoccia
2 - Nairobi
3 - Dar Essalam
4 - Aqaba (Jordan)
5 - Muscat (Oman)

Article also references Ho Chi Minh, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur. I presume they are relatively popular routes.

http://www.pocketmanchester.com/top-5-city-breaks-from-manc-airport/

In case anybody was wondering re THY thats a resort in Sardinia near Alghero!

Turkish Airlines have been banned from operating direct flights to the USA until further notice, so, they are speaking to various EU airports to see if they can drop aircraft into them for a security screen.

MAN has been asked to take up to 4 daily flights, but as a developing situation, that may change.

Hmmm... I wonder if this means we will see TK 777s at MAN. What routes do you think they would route through MAN?

Turkish Airlines have been banned from operating direct flights to the USA until further notice, so, they are speaking to various EU airports to see if they can drop aircraft into them for a security screen.

MAN has been asked to take up to 4 daily flights, but as a developing situation, that may change.

I read somewhere that the FAA has banned all flights from Turkey even via another country. No US carriers fly to Turkey Delta was due to start in May but pulled out. The FAA aren't happy with the security at Istanbul.

Now they are taking this a bit to far do we not think? After all haven't the yanks got the suspected organiser of the coup in their country? Way to go america lets start world war 3.

Turkish have reduced a huge amount of European flights this winter, and for us, it means we are just 2 daily with no late night flight.

Obviously the issues in Turkey are taking their toll on the carrier.

Oh dear, the late night flight provides a lot of connection opportunities. Are the two daily services both still A321?

What are the reduction on other UK airports (EDI, LHR, LGW, BHX)?,
Turkish have reduced a huge amount of European flights this winter, and for us, it means we are just 2 daily with no late night flight.

Obviously the issues in Turkey are taking their toll on the carrier.

LHR not affected:

Istanbul Ataturk – Birmingham Reduce from 14 to 10 weekly (12 weekly in W15)
Istanbul Ataturk – Edinburgh Reduce from 7 to 5 weekly
Istanbul Ataturk – London Gatwick Reduce from 3 to 2 daily
Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen – London Gatwick Reduce from 7 to 5 weekly
Istanbul Ataturk – Manchester Reduce from 19 to 14 weekly

Turkish would go bust before reducing LHR.

The slots are too valuable and are a strictly 'use them or loose them' basis, to which TK may not be able to get them back.

A pity as I think there could have been a few regional airports in the UK who might have been hoping to attract Turkish if they had kept on expanding as they may have been a different option to the ME3 in that they wouldn't necessarily require wide bodied aircraft t serve them. Hopefully it'll be temporarily and they'll bounce back and Turkey itself will stabilise.

TK definitely utilise their LHR slots well using 330s and 77Ws on the majority of their flights. I was asking as I would be very surprised to see them reduce operation to LHR.

It is reassuring to see that other UK airports have reductions of similar frequencies, showing that it is more of a case of the unstable political state of Turkey in light of the recent events and not the Manchester route. I wonder if services have been decreased throughout Europe to second cities in Germany or Scandinavia for example?

There's a total of 45 routes from IST and a further 8 from the other Istanbul airport that are seeing frequency reductions for winter 2016 compared to winter 2015. They are also doing limited cuts on their long-haul routes as well.

Turkish will remain at 2 daily next summer.

The growing options going east from MAN combined with the issues in Turkey itself means they are feeling the squeeze at MAN.

I think we have to accept there are likely to be a few losses/reductions on the debit side as well as hopefully
some further notable gains in 2017.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock