Tuesday saw a rather uncommon aircraft Airbus A340-500 used on the EY20/21 MAN service. The aircraft arrived at 14.05 and departed back at 20.00. The normal Airbus A330's used on the route, were undergoing some general maintenance across the EY fleet.

The A340 is one of the Airbus types I have yet to see. I hope I don't leave it as long to see this type as I did with the DC8 which I'll probably never end up seeing now.

Aviador said:
The A340 is one of the Airbus types I have yet to see. I hope I don't leave it as long to see this type as I did with the DC8 which I'll probably never end up seeing now.

A trip to MAN has got to be on the cards for you now Aviador.

I think the EY A330's have resumed normal service now, but you can usually expect one or two interesting visitors in a days visit. If you noted my post in the "Air Livery Plc" thread, there is a Gulf Air A320 due on 22nd of this month. An aeroflot was also booked in last week but cancelled at last minute due to urgently needed use of the aircraft, which would of been a good see.

EY have confirmed that from June 2010 they will upgrade their daily service to Abu Dhabi, using a Boeing 777-300ER aircraft. They currently use the Airbus A330-300 on their flights.

Type Rated B767 said:
EY have confirmed that from June 2010 they will upgrade their daily service to Abu Dhabi, using a Boeing 777-300ER aircraft. They currently use the Airbus A330-300 on their flights.

Apparently there will be an extra 2,100 seats per week on the route.

[textarea]Etihad launch Boeing 777 service from Manchester

Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, can accommodate almost 60 percent more passengers from Manchester Airport after it introduced a Boeing 777 aircraft on the route yesterday. The Boeing 777, with 28 Pearl Business class and 384 Coral Economy class seats, replaces the two-class Airbus A330 to the airline’s home hub in Abu Dhabi for the summer schedule.

The airline currently operates a daily flight between Manchester and Abu Dhabi, with connections to its global network including destinations such as Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Cape Town, Sydney, Hyderabad and Beijing. The capacity increase will see more than 2100 extra seats available each week over the summer.

Etihad will further improve services at Manchester Airport later this year with the opening of a dedicated Etihad Airways premium lounge – the third outside of Abu Dhabi. The lounge will offer five-star dining, a family room, and a business centre.

Source[/textarea]

EY, not long after announcing to utilise the B777 on this route, have confirmed this is for summer only at the moment. During the winter season, the rotation will revert back to the Airbus.

Etihad used this Airbus A340-600 A6-EHF,on the Abu Dhabi route over the weekend. Lovely aircraft captured on rotation from runway 05L.

[rimg]http://tasreports.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/a6ehf_7221t.jpg?w=640&h=392[/rimg]

Another type that I've never seen outside of London before. I don't get over to Manchester that often but I guess the A340's are in short supply there.

Aviador said:
Another type that I've never seen outside of London before. I don't get over to Manchester that often but I guess the A340's are in short supply there.

Yeah, they are not common really at all.

The smaller A330 is more commonly used along with the B777. Etihad have used this exact aircraft on a number of occasions on their MAN service, not sure if thats pure coincidence...

Etihad going 10 weekly from August, then Double daily from October.

Seem to be in direct competition with their UAE neighbour...

Etihad are now double daily from August 1st, flights bookable on the website now.

world_rep,

When my daughter was living in Cheshire she used both Emirates and Etihad to fly from MAN to Melbourne at different times in the past three years - she now lives with her husband and sons in Oz.

She told me that her experience led her to favour Etihad as the better all-round carrier from a passenger's perspective. This was all in economy so it is comparing like with like.

Is one favoured more than the other from MAN passengers' viewpoints in your experience? I don't mean from the fares angle.

When they emigrated they went business class with LH from MAN, with the last leg from Singapore to MEL on an SQ 380 which the boys especially enjoyed.

My son-in-law used MAN regularly for business flights to all continents except Africa and was very satisfied with what MAN had to offer across the board. It now seems the choice is beginning to re-appear.

Unfortunately, MAN is too far from our house to make it a realistic alternative to LHR for long haul.

It seems that both EY and EK have their favourites.

Economy passengers seem to prefer Etihad, whilst Business/First seem to prefer EK, so they seem to have different followings.

I agree that the choice to Australia is outstanding from MAN, and come october, Its only going to get better:

SQ327 Singapore 0820
EY16 Abu Dhabi 0925
EK22 Dubai 0955
QR42 Doha 1000
EK18 Dubai 1430
QR46 Doha 1500
AI** Delhi 2000
EK20 Dubai 2010
EY22 Abu Dhabi 2105

Not bad for a regional offering!

My sister and partner flew Etihad this past Thursday from Mumbai via Abu Dhabi. They said the aircraft and the service was the best they have ever had. Just looking at the 'On board' section on the Etihad website shows just how great it looks on board!

World_rep since when has Emirates gone 3x daily? Cant see that on the airlines timetable?

Its going 3 daily in october. Its not been announced yet, but my source has never let me down on EK news so far (knew about the A380 comming weeks before anyone else knew).

Etihad article on growth here:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... anchester-

Basically, up to 4 daily flights within 5 years.

Although article states all growth is within a 5 year period, Etihad's history at MAN leans towards the suggestion that the 3rd daily will be up and running by next year.

Certainly interesting times considering the explosion in growth this year alone!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock