I have to say, being fair, that my experience of the 777 has been good so far, with Qatar being the best. Have flown Etihad, Emirates and Qatar 777's. Having said that, compared to the Middle East, and Far East carriers, Western carriers have an inferior product and have a LOT of catching up to do.
I've not used the ME3 yet and most of my experience has been with Delta and KLM which i find have a decent product but from what i've seen of the ME3 products i don't think the Western airlines will catch up and i'm not sure they are bothered about it either as most of them seem to be making a lot of profit!

Etihad's problems have not been caused by the MAN-AUH route. Essentially, they adopted the strategy which brought down Swissair: taking stakes in failing and lame-duck carriers believing that they had the wherewithal to turn them around. The result was huge losses. Perhaps some of their current network does require pruning, but it is their calamitous acquisition strategy which has precipitated the current situation.

That’s all I ever hear about the Dreamliner. Unless you are up front it’s a pain in the preverbial down the back!

I have to say, I have travelled on a Qatar 788, and the seats were really comfortable on that aircraft. One has to wonder if it was the same seating manufacturer that outfitted that aircraft.

Dreamliner issues for me have been due to lightweight floor boards (Similar to Airbus types) When sat on an aisle seat trying to nod off and crew are pounding up and down the seat kind off rocks sharply.

Also windows are poor for photography although large the internal plastic screen doesn't lend itself to sharp photos. Ok for phone photo I guess.

Give me a DC10 any day... With Dreamliner IFE!

I've flown LHR-LAX and HKG -LHR on Virgin 787-9 and HNL -AKL on ANZ 787-9. Compared to any aircraft I've flown on long haul over the last 55 years, (B707, B720, B747-100, 200, 400, B777-200, 300, DC10-30, A300, A330-200, 300 and A380), all in economy, the 787 wins hands down. The pressurisation/air conditioning certainly reduces fatigue, the windows are large and, even if the crew insist on darkening them in daylight, you can still see through them enabling you to keep awake when you need to keep awake to maintain circadian rhythm. The seats on both airlines were excellent on 11, 9 and 13 hour sectors respectively. Will be flying to New Zealand and back on Cathay A350s in a few months but the comparison will be skewed as I will be in Premium Economy.

I've flown LHR-LAX and HKG -LHR on Virgin 787-9 and HNL -AKL on ANZ 787-9. Compared to any aircraft I've flown on long haul over the last 55 years, (B707, B720, B747-100, 200, 400, B777-200, 300, DC10-30, A300, A330-200, 300 and A380), all in economy, the 787 wins hands down. The pressurisation/air conditioning certainly reduces fatigue, the windows are large and, even if the crew insist on darkening them in daylight, you can still see through them enabling you to keep awake when you need to keep awake to maintain circadian rhythm. The seats on both airlines were excellent on 11, 9 and 13 hour sectors respectively. Will be flying to New Zealand and back on Cathay A350s in a few months but the comparison will be skewed as I will be in Premium Economy.

Flown economy AMS-XMN and LHR-LAX on 787-9 and MAN-HKG return on A350-9, can't honestly pick between them. Both excellent in my view.

I've yet to fly the A359 and A35X. From what I have heard from various sources they are excellent aircraft to fly in. Definitely, on my bucket list, I'm even tempted to choose my next flight using those types regardless of price.

Dreamliner issues for me have been due to lightweight floor boards (Similar to Airbus types) When sat on an aisle seat trying to nod off and crew are pounding up and down the seat kind off rocks sharply.

Also windows are poor for photography although large the internal plastic screen doesn't lend itself to sharp photos. Ok for phone photo I guess.

Give me a DC10 any day... With Dreamliner IFE!

The floor panels shouldn't have much effect on the seat as those are anchored to the seat tracks which are much stiffer than a panel. However, with a combination of lightweight seat and a specific walking speed you could get a natural resonance. Each airline will choose their seat supplier, model, and options. Some of these will be crap, others quite nice, and the combination will be different for different people. Economy seats are a horrible compromise.

As for the windows. They are highly polarised, from the use of the LCD dimming system. This plus the loss of light even when the crystals are randomly arranged will inhibit some forms of photography.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock