And where are all the MAN forumers, we are going through a civil aviation crisis and they are nowhere to be seen. :unsure:

Are they all self isolating ? :sick::sick::sick:
Well there ain't many let's be honest, most people wouldn't show any interest in the place anyway even if things were posted on the airport that isn't a dig just a fact that probably only a dozen people show much interest.

It's all very tit for tat with some people every airports going through the same but because Manchester is a bigger and more successful airport and a number of Birmingham supporters on here can't get over the fact you decide to have a dig when the industry and world is on it's knees. Smart (n)

I think we need to remember what is going on outside of this forum. Members may not want to post on here during what could be a devastating time for them personally if they've lost their job or seen friends and colleagues lose theirs or they could be effected by the coronavirus in a way we don't know.
We all come on here for our own reasons.
I just hope that members who aren't posting for whatever reason will return when they want to and are ok health wise physically and mentally.

And where are all the MAN forumers, we are going through a civil aviation crisis and they are nowhere to be seen. :unsure:

Are they all self isolating ? :sick::sick::sick:

I am personally not posting as the industry change is so fast moving it’s hard to keep up, so little point trying. Also, at a time this industry is in full crisis mode, speculation (which is pretty much all anyone can provide at this stage) will not help that industry. On top of that, as said, many posters may be personally affected by all of this and are in no mood, position or of sound mind to post.

Lastly, at this time, can we leave the petty little point scoring type posts like this go for now, it’s not the time, nor the place for it. At times like this, unity is what everyone needs, regardless of which airport you’re interested in. This is no longer about who’s airport is better, who’s supporters are better, which airport will loose the most, which airport will recover faster etc, this is about the very survival of the industry right now.

Let’s just be nice to each other and realise all of this isn’t pleasant for anyone right now.

I believe that Llandudno has summed things up pretty neatly. I must be honest and say that I am getting very little feedback from my airport contacts at the present time and there have little to post - plus the sun has been shining and, despite the wind, I have taken the opportunity to spend time in the garden.

I am personally not posting as the industry change is so fast moving it’s hard to keep up, so little point trying. Also, at a time this industry is in full crisis mode, speculation (which is pretty much all anyone can provide at this stage) will not help that industry. On top of that, as said, many posters may be personally affected by all of this and are in no mood, position or of sound mind to post.

Lastly, at this time, can we leave the petty little point scoring type posts like this go for now, it’s not the time, nor the place for it. At times like this, unity is what everyone needs, regardless of which airport you’re interested in. This is no longer about who’s airport is better, who’s supporters are better, which airport will loose the most, which airport will recover faster etc, this is about the very survival of the industry right now.

Let’s just be nice to each other and realise all of this isn’t pleasant for anyone right now.
Totally agree well said

Update according to Airlineroute:

Doha – Manchester
23MAR20 – 16APR20 Reduce from 3 to 2 daily, 777-300ER/787-8 operating (Previous plan: until 31MAR20)
17APR20 – 31MAY20 Reduce from 3 to 1 daily, 787-8 operating (Previous plan: eff 01APR20)
01JUN20 – 30JUN20 Reduce from 3 to 2 daily

Latest from Airlineroute:

08APR20 – 31MAY20 Reduce from 3 to 1 daily, 787-8 operating
01JUN20 – 30JUN20 Reduce from 3 to 2 daily

Note - the once daily flight at present seems to vary between the QR21/22 and QR27/28

From today's Travel Trade Gazette

Qatar Airways plans to reinstate flights from Heathrow, Edinburgh and Manchester by the end of June, subject to UK government permission.

Two more updates from AirlineRoutes

Summer 2020
Doha – Manchester
01JUN20 – 30JUN20 1 daily 777-300ER
01JUL20 – 31JUL20 11 weekly 777-300ER
eff 01AUG20 2 daily 777-300ER

Summer 2021
Qatar Airways recently extended schedule listing into summer 2021 season, effective from 28MAR21. Preliminary listing sees aircraft upgauge for Doha – Manchester route, currently displaying 3 daily 358-seater 777-300ER aircraft. Further changes remain possible.

QR021 DOH0130 – 0655MAN 77W D
QR027 DOH0810 – 1335MAN 77W D
QR023 DOH1440 – 2005MAN 77W D

QR022 MAN0805 – 1700DOH 77W D
QR028 MAN1510 – 0005+1DOH 77W D
QR024 MAN2115 – 0610+1DOH 77W D

According to the latest ACL report Doha/Manchester goes once daily from 21st May on the lunchtime service

Today's Airlineroutes shows:

Qatar Airways / American Airlines adds Trans-Atlantic codeshare from Sep 2020
Posted 22 September 2020 05:00

Qatar Airways starting this month gradually expands codeshare partnership with American Airlines, on the latter’s Trans-Atlantic routes. Between September 2020 and May 2021, planned new Trans-Atlantic codeshare routes include the following.

Qatar Airways operated by American Airlines
Manchester – Philadelphia
I take this with a pinch of salt as the American Airlines route is suspended.

Last edited:
Yet another update, issued today, from Airlineroute for W20

Doha – Manchester Reduce from 21 to 17 weekly, 787-8 replaces 777/787/A350

The chances of it not changing are probably low, but for what it’s worth the Qatar Cargo website shows the lunchtime flight being operated by a 789 from July 4th.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock