TheLocalYokel

Honorary Member Of Forums4airports
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
From early 2010 the 2 x daily Brussels Airlines ARJ85 on the BRS-BRU route will be replaced by a BD ERJ 145 operating 3 x daily.

Sabena, SN Brussels and Brussels Airlines have been operating the route with their own equipment for nearly twenty years, from Embraer Brasilia to Dash 8-300 to ARJ/Bae146. At one time the ARJ/146 operated 4 x daily.

It will be a great shame to see the departure of the Belgian airline's own equipment though the return of the 145 will be welcomed by some who enjoyed flying in and watching the type when BACon had five based at BRS.

Just before the atrocities of 9/11 they operated the ARJ85's on the LBA-BRU route. They achieved a very high load factor on most sectors. After 9/11 passenger numbers plummeted and they were forced to withdraw the service altogether. Fortunately for LBA Bmi Regional came in and took over the service using the ERJ 145 aircraft. The ARJ85's have been sadly missed but the ERJ 145 aircraft has been more suited to the route which Bmi Regional still operate today.

• Admin
[textarea]Continental codeshare boost for transatlantic travellers

Brussels Airlines flights from Bristol to carry CO code

From Monday 9 August, travellers from across the South West and Wales can take advantage of a convenient new alternative when making transatlantic travel plans.

As a result of a codeshare agreement between Continental Airlines and Brussels Airlines, passengers can now take advantage of a seamless service to the USA from Bristol Airport – even after Continental’s direct service to New York ceases on 7 November.

Brussels Airlines currently operates three flights daily to the Belgian capital, from where passengers can connect to an onward flight to Continental’s New York hub, Newark Liberty International Airport, opening up hundreds of destinations across North and South America.

Both airlines are members of the Star Alliance, meaning travellers signed up to Continental’s OnePass or Brussels Airlines’ Miles and More frequent flyer programmes can earn or redeem mileage on either airline’s global route network. Business travellers can also take advantage of the UK’s fastest growing corporate travel loyalty programme, Star Alliance Company Plus.

Codeshare agreements benefit passengers by allowing them to book connecting flights with different airlines under one carrier’s code. Cooperating airlines work together to synchronize their schedules and coordinate baggage handling in order to make connections more convenient, efficient and reliable.

Brussels Airlines’ first daily departure from Bristol connects to Continental’s flight from Brussels to New York, with an arrival time of 12:25 – all without having to make time-consuming and stressful road or rail journeys to airports outside the region in order to fly.

Passengers travelling to Germany can also make onward connections via Brussels Airlines under a codeshare with fellow Star Alliance partner, Lufthansa.[/textarea]

http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/news-an ... ssels.aspx

Not sure how many passengers will use this codeshare after CO stops flying non-stop to Newark from Bristol in November.

BRS passengers already have transatlantic and other inter-continental options at the Amsterdam and Paris Cdg hubs with the KLM/Air France links.

From 27th March 2011

Bristol to Brussels reverts back to Brussels Airlines RJ85's

Flights remain 3 times daily Mon to Fri and the aircraft overnights at Bristol.

Obviously the route must be doing well, and I expect some of this decision will be to do with Continental pulling out.

alphagolf said:
From 27th March 2011

Bristol to Brussels reverts back to Brussels Airlines RJ85's

Flights remain 3 times daily Mon to Fri and the aircraft overnights at Bristol.

Obviously the route must be doing well, and I expect some of this decision will be to do with Continental pulling out.

One would hope that Brussels Airlines can pick up a fair few passengers who would have otherwise travelled with Continental Airlines. I expect the airport marketing team have been working hard to get the airline to upgrade back to the RJ85's. One of the main problems operating the route with an ERJ 145 will have been the limited capacity for hold luggage where as the RJ85 will have more room, so there should be greater scope for interlining passengers.

Has any body flown with Brussels Airlines? I have often wondered how they compare with the old Sabena World Airlines that disappeared after the 9/11 atrocities.

• Admin
Passenger numbers have increased by around 15% this year on the BRS-BRU route following the bmiRegional introduction.

I always thought the ARJ was too large an aircraft for the BRU route although at one time it went 4 x daily.

I believe that other airports (certainly NCL) are reverting to ARJs next year.

I flew with Sabena from BRU to BRS about 15 years ago when the 29-seat Embraer Brasilia turbo-prop operated the route and with SN Brussels on the same route about four years ago on the ARJ 85.

On such a short flight there wasn't a lot of difference in service although there was more legroom in the larger ARJ so far as I can recall.

My memory suggests (though it's fallible) that airlines were still providing reasonable meals 15 years ago on such routes whereas four years ago it was no more than a snack.

Brussels Airlines - Winter 2012

The schedules on Brussels Airlines website are now showing that from Sunday 28th October 2012, Bristol - Brussels flights will no longer be using a based bmi Regional Embrear 145 to operate their flights as they switching back to using their own Avro RJ85's at 3x Daily.

The weekday the winter schedule.
BRS 06:20 - BRU 08:40
BRU 09:35 - BRS 10:00
BRS 10:30 - BRU 12:50
BRU 15:20 - BRS 15:45
BRS 16:15 - BRU 18:35
BRU 20:50 - BRS 21:15

Brussels Airlines - Update

Brussels Airlines booking engine updated to confirm Bristol & Newcastle to be served by flyBE Dash 8-400's instead of the previously advertised RJ85's from the start of the winter programme.

alphagolf

• Admin
Brussels Airlines booking engine updated to confirm Bristol & Newcastle to be served by flyBE Dash 8-400's instead of the previously advertised RJ85's from the start of the winter programme.

Many thanks, alphagolf.

This will mean an increase of over 50% in seats. I believe the aircraft will be in Brussels Airlines livery.

Different aircraft BRS-BRU

As of today the up to 3 x daily Bristol-Brussels route will be operated on behalf of Brussels Airlines by Flybe Dash 8-400 aircraft in Brussels Airlines livery.

Brussels Airlines had previously used bmiRegional ERJ145 aircraft.

Doesn't look like flyBE have got this after the winter schedule ceases, just looked at the Brussels Airlines website to discover the route is to return to AVRO RJ85 3 x weekly operated by Brussels Airlines.

So an increase in capacity on the route again, from bmiregional ERJ145 to flyBE Dash 8-400 and from Summer 2013 AVRO RJ85.

On top of the increase in the Helvetic - Zurich route, I can see I picture developing of how passengers number next year could increase as per Robert Sinclair's prediction of a bumper year on a par with the 6.2million in 2008.

alphagolf

Brussels is largely overlooked as a hub airport since the demise of Sabena but Brussels Airlines has built an extensive route network.

Abidjan (ABJ)
Abu Dhabi (AUH)
Abuja (ABV)
Accra (ACC)
Addis Ababa (ADD)
Agadir(AGA)
Albuquerquet (ABQ)
Athens (ATH)
Atlanta (ATL)
Austin (AUS)
Bamako (BKO)
Bangkok (BKK)
Banjul (BJL)
Barcelona (BCN)
Bari (BRI)
Basle (BSL)
Beijing (PEK)
Berlin (BER)
Bilbao (BIO)
Birmingham (BHX)
Bologna (BLQ)
Boston (BOS)
Bristol (BRS)
Bucharest (OTP)
Budapest(BUD)
Bujumbura (BJM)
Calgary (YYC)
Capetown (CPT)
Casablanca (CMN)
Catania (CTA)
Caïro (CAI)
Charlotte (CLT)
Chennai (MAA)
Chicago (ORD)
Cleveland (CLE)
Conakry (CKY)
Copenhagen (CPH)
Corfu (CFU)
Cotonou (COO)
Dakar (DKR)
Dallas (DFW)
Delhi (DEL)
Denver (DEN)
Douala (DLA)
Edinburgh (EDI)
Entebbe (EBB)
Faro (FAO)
Florence (FLR)
Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
Frankfurt (FRA)
Freetown (FNA)
Funchal (FNC)
Gdansk (GDN)
Geneva (GVA)
Gothenburg (GOT)
Halifax (YHZ)
Hamburg (HAM)
Hannover (HAJ)
Helsinki (HEL)
Houston (IAH)
Johannesburg (JNB)
Khartoum (KRT)
Kiev (KBP)
Kigali (KGL)
Kinshasa (FIH)
Krakow (KRK)
Lagos (LOS)
Lamezia (SUF)
Las Vegas (LAS)
Libreville (LBV)
Lisbon (LIS)
Ljubljana (LJU)
Lomé (LFW)
London Heathrow (LHR)
Los Angeles (LAX)
Luanda (LAD)
Lyon (LYS)
Madrid (MAD)
Malaga (AGP)
Malta (MLA)
Manchester (MAN)
Marrakesh (RAK)
Marseille (MRS)
Miami (MIA)
Milan Linate (LIN)
Milan Malpensa (MXP)
Minneapolis (MSP)
Moncton (YQM)
Monrovia (ROB)
Montreal (YUL)
Moscow (DME)
Mumbai (BOM)
Munich (MUC)
Nairobi (NBO)
Naples, (NAP)
New Orleans (MSY)
New York (JFK)
Newark (EWR)
Newcastle(NCL)
Nice (NCE)
Olbia (OLB)
Orlando (MCO)
Oslo (OSL)
Ottawa (YOW)
Ouagadougou (OUA)
Paris (PAR)
Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG)
Philadelphia (PHL)
Phoenix (PHX)
Port Harcourt (PHC)
Portland Oregon (PDX)
Porto (OPO)
Poznan (POZ)
Prague (PRG)
Quebec (YQB)
Raleigh Durham, (RDU)
Riga (RIX)
Rome (FCO)
San Diego (SAN)
San Francisco (SFO)
Santa Ana (SNA)
Seattle (SEA)
Singapore (SIN)
Stockholm (BMA)
Strasbourg (SXB)
Tallinn (TLL)
Tampa (TPA)
Tel Aviv (TLV)
Toronto (YYZ)
Toulouse (TLS)
Turin (TRN)
Umea (UME)
Vancouver (YVR)
Venice (VCE)
Vienna (VIE)
Vilnius (VNO)
Warsaw (WAW)
Washington (IAD)
Winnipeg (YWG)
Wroclaw (WRO)
Yaounde (NSI)
Zagreb (ZAG)
Zurich (ZRH)

alphagolf said:
Doesn't look like flyBE have got this after the winter schedule ceases, just looked at the Brussels Airlines website to discover the route is to return to AVRO RJ85 3 x weekly operated by Brussels Airlines.

So an increase in capacity on the route again, from bmiregional ERJ145 to flyBE Dash 8-400 and from Summer 2013 AVRO RJ85.

On top of the increase in the Helvetic - Zurich route, I can see I picture developing of how passengers number next year could increase as per Robert Sinclair's prediction of a bumper year on a par with the 6.2million in 2008.

alphagolf

You will probably find it will go back to a DH4 closer to the time, they tend to put the RJ85 in the system then revert to the thr current metal, they've been doing it for years.

Bristol-Brussels - operated by Flybe for Brussels Airlines

The BRS-BRU route has seen some significant passenger load increases this year.

Going back to the worst year in the recession so far as BRS was concerned (2009) the annual passenger totals are as follows:

2009 31,250 - down 13% on 2008
2010 38,334 - up 23%
2011 42,659 - up 11%
2012 41,915 - down 2%

The 2013 monthly figures are as follows:

January 3019 - down 5%
February 3741 - up 12%
March 4154 - up 13%
April 4240 - up 38%
May 4456 - up 26%
June 4425 - up 21%
July 4104 - up 21%

So the first seven mponths of 2013 have seen 28,199 passengers compared with 23,917 in the first seven months of 2012, an increase of 4282, or 17.9%.

Given that the SN NCL-BRU (also with Flybe) was axed earlier this year with some thinking the BRS route might go the same way, with these figures there is perhaps hope that it will survive.

with flybe cutting back here there and everwhere. has any one heard if the brussels service is being kept by flybe.perhaps a bmr route again if flybe drops this route.

with flybe cutting back here there and everwhere. has any one heard if the brussels service is being kept by flybe.perhaps a bmr route again if flybe drops this route.
With the Flybe aircraft operating under contract to Brussels Airlines in their colours and with their flight numbers I imagine that the deal ought to be an agreeable one for Flybe with SN taking the financial risks. It also gives BRS a Star Alliance hub, albeit not one of the truly major ones.

Were SN to drop the route a bmi regional replacement could only be point to point with bmir currently having no codeshare partners.

Brussels Airlines BRS-BRU

The summer timetable is now showing the route operated for Brussels Airlines by bmi regional, still 3 x daily on weekdays. Until the last few days it was shown as a SN ARJ.

bmi regional operated the route for SN before Flybe took it over on SN's behalf but that arrangement will end at the end of March.

The route will continue under SN flight numbers with the all-important Star Alliance connectivity at BRU. I don't know whether a bmi regional ERJ will be painted in SN livery as is currently the case with Flybe's Dash 8-400.

Passenger numbers have risen substantially in recent years from 31,250 in 2009 to 49,046 in 2013, an increase of 17% on 2013. It's to be hoped the smaller bmi regional aircraft won't impact negatively on the passenger growth on this route.

Are BMI taking over all the routes operated by flybe or just the BRS rotations.

Are BMI taking over all the routes operated by flybe or just the BRS rotations.

So far as I'm aware only BRS-BRU has Flybe operating for Brussels Airlines. In fact, Flybe only gained the SN contract about a year ago taking over from bmi regional (who acquired it in their LH-owned days) who flew the route previous to that for SN.

I have a feeling that NCL-BRU which had been bmi regional operated for SN may have had Flybe replacing them at the same that Flybe came onto the BRS route but, if they did, the NCL route ceased in March of last year.

NCL-BRU is to be re-started by bmi regional this year but it seems to be the airline's own initiative and is not on behalf of Brussels Airlines as at BRS, hence there is no booking availability or connectivity at BRU for the NCL route on the Brussels Airlines booking engine as there is for the BRS route.

SN have decided to replace the DH4 leased from BE that is currently used on the BRS-BRU route with a BM ER4 from 30th March.

Brussels Airlines to wet-lease an ERJ-145 from bmi regional in Spring - ch-aviation.com

SN2060 BRS 06:10 BRU 08:35 ER4 x7
SN2056 BRS 11:10 BRU 13:30 ER4 x67
SN2058 BRS 17:25 BRU 19:45 ER4 x6

SN2055 BRU 09:50 BRS 10:15 ER4 x67
SN2057 BRU 16:35 BRS 16:55 ER4 x6
SN2059 BRU 21:05 BRS 21:25 ER4 x6

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock