Full schedule with the route being Dhaka-Manchester-Sylhet-Dhaka.

BG007 DAC 1230 MAN 1700 Tue, Sat, Sun
BG208 MAN 2000 ZYL 1200/1930 DAC 2015 Tue, Sat
BG208 MAN 2000 ZYL 1200 Sun

Info from airportnewsMAN and seanm1997 on Twitter

Full schedule with the route being Dhaka-Manchester-Sylhet-Dhaka.

BG007 DAC 1230 MAN 1700 Tue, Sat, Sun
BG208 MAN 2000 ZYL 1200/1930 DAC 2015 Tue, Sat
BG208 MAN 2000 ZYL 1200 Sun

Info from airportnewsMAN and seanm1997 on Twitter
Where is Sylhet ? Not heard of this place ?!!

Where is Sylhet ? Not heard of this place ?!!

The fifth largest city in Bangladesh apparently. An airport with few flights to anywhere other than Dhaka. But this is also the route Biman's Heathrow flight takes, flying Dhaka-London-Sylhet-Dhaka.

It is Great News - Birmingham has largest Bangladeshi Community in the country outside the Capital - BIMAN Promised Birmingham this route so sad to say good luck Manchester - hope they will do well.
BIRMINGHAM INTERNATIONAL LOVE YOU BIMAN …..

Why did Biman not last long when they flew 2011-12, hopefully the route should be more of a success this time, I suppose the airport in a far better place now than back then.

There was another article recently (will have to dig it out) that confirms that the JFK and YYZ flights will be 3 weekly each, meaning Biman will be seen a minimum of 12 times per week at MAN (3 each way for both routes equals 12)

We want to connect Dhaka to Toronto via Manchester as we find the route financially viable for us…now we are looking for permission for three flights a week on the Dhaka–Manchester–Toronto route’.

And, he said, they were also approaching the US Federal Aviation Authorities for Dhaka–Manchester–New York route and the authorities would be inspecting the Dhaka airport shortly in this regard.

The loss-making Dhaka–New York flights of Biman have remained suspended since July 2006.

‘If we operate three flights a week, the route can be viable,’ said Mokabbir.

Biman Bangladesh (BG)Terminal switch from T2 to T1 from 01June. This date also coincides with the change from evening to 1140/1345z Tue and Thu, Sun remains in the evening.

Courtesy of @SPD_Travels on Twitter

News | Bangladesh and the USA have reached and open skies agreement, and Biman Bangladesh still aim to launch its Dhaka-New York JFK via Manchester route in summer 2021.

A bit of good news: Biman Bangladesh airlines plans on resuming Manchester flights from the 10th December. Starting at 2x weekly flights.

BG207 DAC 0815 MAN 1555 on Wed
BG207 DAC 1020 MAN 1620 on Sun

BG208 MAN 18:20 DAC 1100 on Mon/Thurs

Thanks to SPD travels on Twitter for info.

Biman should finally be returning this week to operate its Dhaka flights. The first flights is on Christmas Day. Flights expected to be 2 weekly.

Biman have been flying DAC-ZYL-MAN-ZYL-DAC recently.

The plan was to return to the triangle service DAC-MAN-ZYL-DAC this month,

however it looks like it is now scheduled to remain ZYL stop both ways until start of northern Summer timetable 27 March, when triangle service resumes.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock