Even though the going to have competition by TUI Group its good to see that Balkan Holidays have today released there summer 2018 holidays programme from Leeds/Bradford to Bourgas. Flights remain operated 1x weekly every Saturday evening using Airbus A320 equipment from May 19th running until September 29th.

BGH5569 = Bourgas 15:20 - Leeds 16:55 / BGH5570 = Leeds 17:55 - Bourgas 23:20

I can't understand why they never try Varna again. Back in the 90s Varna ran alongside Bourgas for years even through the previous recession.

I think Balkan gave up their A330
Oh yes I stand corrected, LZ-AWA currently being stored since March. Glad I saw it last September then as it's probably the largest commercial aircraft to see at LBA for a few years.

Last summer we had an A321, so an A320 does represent a reduction in capacity - perhaps reflecting the Thomson operation (if it happens). Not sure what is supposed to be doing the Bourgas route this summer? A320 or A321? I seem to recall that last year we were told it would be an A320, yet we got the A321 most if not all weeks.

Last summer we had an A321, so an A320 does represent a reduction in capacity - perhaps reflecting the Thomson operation (if it happens). Not sure what is supposed to be doing the Bourgas route this summer? A320 or A321? I seem to recall that last year we were told it would be an A320, yet we got the A321 most if not all weeks.

But last year was it not a joint flight with Humberside, operating outbound to Bourgas via Humberside?

But last year was it not a joint flight with Humberside, operating outbound to Bourgas via Humberside?

Our Bourgas flight last year was operated direct non stop both directions by Airbus A321 equipment on a Saturday tea time.

Humberside - Bourgas was also operated direct non stop on a Saturday morning using Airbus A320.

Last edited:
Just found out for 1 week only due to its been start of summer 2017 season for Balkan Holidays this Saturdays, May 20th Balkan Holidays Air BGH5569/5570 BOG-LBA-BOG service will operate out bound via Humberside with a revised times.

BGH5569 = ETA 06:40 / BGH5570 = ETD 07:30

After this week starting from Saturday May 27th the service will revert to been direct flights to the following timings.

BGH5569 = ETA 16:55 / BGH5570 = ETD 17:55

Balkan Holidays Summer 2018 is now on sale, Leeds/Bradford - Bourgas route continues to be operated 1x weekly every Saturday afternoon operating from May 19th until September 29th 2018.

BGH5569 = BOJ: 15:20 - LBA: 16:55 / BGH5570 = LBA: 17:55 - BOJ: 23:20

It will be interesting to watch how this route dose next summer seen as Balkan Holidays will have direct competition from Thomson Holidays as well.

We've been here before. I just wish Thomson would sling their hook before it does damage to the Balkan Holidays operation. Let's face it, Thomson are unlikely to serve the route for long with their tendency to chop and change routes from Leeds for fun.

We've been here before. I just wish Thomson would sling their hook before it does damage to the Balkan Holidays operation. Let's face it, Thomson are unlikely to serve the route for long with their tendency to chop and change routes from Leeds for fun.
Balkans Holiday will be alright at CWL they operate against Thomson and Thomas Cook and are going 2 weekly in July and August next year.

From another prospective Thomson Holidays and Balkan Holidays we are looking at 2 completely different markets.

On the high end you have the Thomson Holidays and First Choice Holidays products, which there holidays are not known to be on the cheap end, Saying that you can get some fairly good All Inclusive holiday prices. Also the flight operates on a Thursday afternoon using the based Thomson Boeing 737-800 aircraft which makes it a whole lot better even though it late in evening when you arrive in Bulgaria.
On the other hand, if you wanting a a cheaper option you'll choose the Balkan Holidays option. The are some great deals to be had and are known to be on the cheaper side. Only down side is you'll lose some of the last day of you holiday (Saturday) what with the flight been operated by Balkan Holidays Air, Airbus A320

So for this reason I think these two operators should be able to co-exist on the Leeds-Bourgas service.

Last edited:
I can see that this is potentially on Jet2/Jet2holidays radar in the not too distant future. 2018 seems pretty much released, with the normal increases to destinations which are selling well throughout the winter.

This will test if 2 operators can co-exist on the route; if they can i can forsee TUI dropping it only to be replaced by Jet2/Jet2holidays.

Those ITK are tipping Bulgaria for big things in the coming years so no reason why the two operators can't survive on the route and also no reason why VAR shouldn't return at some point

Balkan Holidays now have summer 2019 Holidays and flights on sale, Leeds/Bradford retains its 1x weekly service operating as follows.

Saturdays = May 18th 2019 to September 28th 2019
BOJ 15:20 - LBA 16:55 / LBA 17:55 - BOJ 23:20

Balkan Holidays Air re-start there summer seasonal weekly Leeds/Bradford - Bourgas service this weekend on Saturday, May 18th again using Airbus A320 equipment. The first flight the season of the aircraft will position in early morning and operate outbound to Bourgas leaving Leeds at 10:20. For the remainder of the summer the normal schedule will see it operates as follows.

BGH5569 = BOJ 15:00 - LBA 16:35 / BGH5570 = LBA 17:25 - BOJ 22:50

Last edited:
Balkan Holidays Summer 2020 programme is now on sale. Again they will only operate 1x weekly to Bourgas on Saturdays from Leeds/Bradford using Balkan Holidays Air own Airbus A320 aircraft. Good news is that the season has been extend by starting one week earlier and finishing a week later than compared to previous summer's.

May 16th 2020 till October 3rd 2020
BOJ 15:00 - LBA 16:35 / LBA 17:25 - BOJ 22:50

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock