CAA Stats September 2019

Published today show BRS handled 927,944 passengers in the month, up 4% on September 2018. Rolling 12-month total was 8.957 million, up 4.5% on a year ago.

Airport stats October 2019

Still awaiting CAA stats for October but the airport published its own stats today that show 778,057 passengers used the airport in October, down 3.17% on October 2018. Thomas Cook would probably have had between 4% and 6% of the airport's flights in October so without their collapse there would probably have been a small increase in passenger numbers.

CAA Stats October 2019

Yes, many thanks, Ian.

CAA summary for October 2019 is 783,315 passengers handled, down 2.3% on October 2018. Atms were down 9.4%. Rolling 12-month total was 8,938,082, up 3.9% on a year ago.

The usual press release re the forthcoming Christmas Holiday Season which most airports seem to do, as they do for Easter too.

I make it an average of around 18,000 passengers a day throughout the period in question, with 25,000 expected this Friday . Compared with August this year, when over one million were carried in that month and about which the airport made no public announcement so far as I'm aware, an average of 18,000 per day is well below August's daily average of over 32,000 a day.

Nevertheless, the Christmas period always provides a welcome boost to winter passenger numbers at BRS, and probably at most other airports too.

Christmas Getaway 2019
Created: 17th Dec 2019

Over 300,000 passengers will be travelling through Bristol Airport during the Christmas period (19 December until 5 January inclusive).

Christmas Getaway Top Tips

One of the busiest days will fall on Friday 20 December, when approximately 25,000 passengers will fly in and out of the airport, while around 1,000 passengers will be travelling on Christmas Day itself - with over 150 staff working on site across all departments.

The top four destinations over the festive period are Dublin, Amsterdam, Edinburgh and Glasgow. Ski destinations remain a favourite choice for passengers during the winter season, with resorts reporting good skiing conditions. Winter sun destinations including the Canary Islands and Hurghada continue to be popular.

During the busy Christmas holiday period passengers are advised to allow extra journey time to the Airport and to arrive at check-in at least a minimum of 2 hours prior to scheduled departure time. If travelling with presents passengers are asked to keep them unwrapped and check with the airline if wanting to take Christmas crackers away, as many airlines refuse to carry crackers on board the aircraft.

I still find it awfully strange that August’s 1 million was never announced

I still find it awfully strange that August’s 1 million was never announced
So do I. I can only assume that the airport always relies on its own stats for its public announcements and, given that not all types of passenger feature in those, their August 2019 total fell just short of the million.

However, in 2018 when the airport's August figure for that year was nearly 952,000 (the CAA's was over 964,000) the airport made a big splash in a press release about nearly carrying one million passengers in a month - see below link to that press release. Even their own figures must have been much closer to a million in August 2019 yet they said nothing.

It can't be a case of trying to play down growth publicly in the face of the opposition to their expansion plans, surely.

It’s got to be that hasn’t it or are we too cynical
Nothing else comes readily to mind. If that is the case it's very sad that an airport has to play down what is an immensely succcesful commercial operation and regional facility - it's both a mirror and a driver of the region's economy - in order not to give airport opponents ammuniton with which to fire at it.

I could write their script:

"Look! Over a millon passengers in August. That will soon be a million every month and they will then want to expand beyond 12 million."

November’s figures now available 526,946 Down just under 1%
Are those the airport's own figures? They seem to have disappeared again from the airprot website - I've just tried two browsers.

The CAA doen't appear to have released any airport figures for November yet.

Here’s a photo shoot
Thanks for that, Marko. I still can't find the stats in the usual place on the airport website. They were there this morning when October's figures were still displayed.

Looking at your screen shot it seems the biggest loser is charter, down over 12,000 - no doubt mainly due to the Thomas Cook situation. Scheduled domestic was down over 3,000 whilst scheduled international was up about 10,000.

I have looked and find no comment about pax figures.
Brs has overtaken GLA in pax figures.
GLA handled 8,894 in period November 18 to October 19.
BRS handled 8,938 in period 18 to October b19.
This is good stats and hope they stay that way.

Sorry guys. I forgot to add the rest of the pax figure readings.
They should read 8,89400 for GLA
BRS should read 8,93800
Must be time of year or old age.
Happy new year to one and all,and hope things happen for what you wish for.

I have looked and find no comment about pax figures.
Brs has overtaken GLA in pax figures.
GLA handled 8,894 in period November 18 to October 19.
BRS handled 8,938 in period 18 to October b19.
This is good stats and hope they stay that way.
Sorry guys. I forgot to add the rest of the pax figure readings.
They should read 8,89400 for GLA
BRS should read 8,93800
Must be time of year or old age.
Happy new year to one and all,and hope things happen for what you wish for.
Happy New Year to you too, superking.

There were some posts re BRS overtaking GLA in the 12-month rolling total. The posts were in the Bristol Airport General thread on 17 December, #1277-1279.

However, the CAA's monthly total for GLA in November was 579,919. We are still awaiting the CAA BRS figures for November but the airport's own figures showed 526,946 - see #751 above.

CAA Stats November 2019

Finally published for all airports today but Table 09 (Terminal and Transit Passengers) is missing. I've sent the CAA an email which has been acknowledged but it's an automated email response.

Table 01 (Size of UK Airports) shows that the running 12-month total at the end of November was 8.940 million which is an increase of around 3.4% on the same time last year.

The 12-month running total for October 2019 was 8.938 million which means that November increased the running total by somewhere between 1,000 and 2,000 (this table only provides figures to the nearest 000). As the November 2018 CAA total was 528,968 that would put the November 2019 figure at circa 530,000, an increase around 0.2%- 0.25%. The airport's own figure for November 2019 published a few weeks ago showed a drop of under 1% at 526,946.

Either way it was pretty flat but given there was no flybmi and no Thomas Cook (both were counted in the November 2018 total) it might have been a bit worse.

CAA Stats November 2019

Finally published for all airports today but Table 09 (Terminal and Transit Passengers) is missing. I've sent the CAA an email which has been acknowledged but it's an automated email response.

Table 01 (Size of UK Airports) shows that the running 12-month total at the end of November was 8.940 million which is an increase of around 3.4% on the same time last year.

The 12-month running total for October 2019 was 8.938 million which means that November increased the running total by somewhere between 1,000 and 2,000 (this table only provides figures to the nearest 000). As the November 2018 CAA total was 528,968 that would put the November 2019 figure at circa 530,000, an increase around 0.2%- 0.25%. The airport's own figure for November 2019 published a few weeks ago showed a drop of under 1% at 526,946.

Either way it was pretty flat but given there was no flybmi and no Thomas Cook (both were counted in the November 2018 total) it might have been a bit worse.
Re above I had an email today from the CAA saying that the missing Table 09 would be inserted on their website soon - it's still not there at the time of writing this - but in the meantime they sent me a link to the table which shows that 530,511 terminal passengers used the airport in November (there were also 449 transit passengers but I have not counted them as most CAA comparison tables refer only to terminal passengers).

530,511 terminal passengers is a rise of 0.29% on November 2018 although the CAA's Table 09 shows it as flat because in Table 09 they only use the nearest whole percentage when it comes to passenger gains or losses at an airport.

I'm impressed by the efficiency and courtesy of the CAA in their dealings with me on this occasion.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock