Good results along with BFS one the strongest growing regional airport !

Any theories why the big drop to BCN ?

August augurs really well for DOH

Does anybody work out the load factors anymore, not sure if they are anywhere else ? I know Liam used to do them (and they were great) but know he said it was becoming onerous due to other commitments.

I am keen to understand the BE loads (esp TXL, MUC, VCE, FCO, MXP and FAO). I would have a go myself if I understood the methodology. I am sure they must be good for July.

Do CWL publish a Mayfly like BRS do ?

Does anybody work out the load factors anymore, not sure if they are anywhere else ? I know Liam used to do them (and they were great) but know he said it was becoming onerous due to other commitments.

I am keen to understand the BE loads (esp TXL, MUC, VCE, FCO, MXP and FAO). I would have a go myself if I understood the methodology. I am sure they must be good for July.

Do CWL publish a Mayfly like BRS do ?

Hi TOM100, I can give a breakdown of the BE stats as I have already worked them out. Work commitments are busy for me at peak summer time so find it extremely hard to keep up with the stats (busiest time for those also) I am hoping though to get stats up and running again from July's onwards, as I have been slowly keeping on track of them the past few weeks.

TXL 90% 79
MUC 94% 82
DUS 67% 59
MXP 91% 98
VCE 88% 77
VRN 85% 75
FCO 92% 95
ORK 82% 85
JER 73% 64
FAO 87% 120 (FR/BE only)
CDG 93% 90
EDI 86% 87
DUB 70% 74
GLA 88% 77
GCI 53% 35
KL 93% 82
DOH 65% 165
AGP 89% 160 (VY only)
ALC 92% 166 (VY only)
PMI 78% 144 (VY only)
BCN 80% 136
MAD 72% 130

Hi TOM100, I can give a breakdown of the BE stats as I have already worked them out. Work commitments are busy for me at peak summer time so find it extremely hard to keep up with the stats (busiest time for those also) I am hoping though to get stats up and running again from July's onwards, as I have been slowly keeping on track of them the past few weeks.

TXL 90% 79
MUC 94% 82
DUS 67% 59
MXP 91% 98
VCE 88% 77
VRN 85% 75
FCO 92% 95
ORK 82% 85
JER 73% 64
FAO 87% 120 (FR/BE only)
CDG 93% 90
EDI 86% 87
DUB 70% 74
GLA 88% 77
GCI 53% 35
KL 93% 82
DOH 65% 165
AGP 89% 160 (VY only)
ALC 92% 166 (VY only)
PMI 78% 144 (VY only)
BCN 80% 136
MAD 72% 130
Thanks for that! They do look pretty good overall which is great for the airlines and the general perception of the airport!

Cheers Liam ! Those Lf's are quite amazing (obvs yield is unknown) but no wonder you sometimes cannot get on a flight when loads in the high 80s and 90s.

Really exciting times.

Amazing Liam - thank you. If the yield is there on some of those BE city pairs they must be potential capacity increase routes (they could of course be selling a low yield to fill). CDG, FCO and MUC in particular (and KL to AMS) - I also wonder if ALC, AGP and poss PMI could sustain daily in peak season. Aug and Sep often even busier so it will be interesting to see.....

Amazing Liam - thank you. If the yield is there on some of those BE city pairs they must be potential capacity increase routes (they could of course be selling a low yield to fill). CDG, FCO and MUC in particular (and KL to AMS) - I also wonder if ALC, AGP and poss PMI could sustain daily in peak season. Aug and Sep often even busier so it will be interesting to see.....
It will be instructive to see if Flybe is tempted to increase frequency on a number of these routes which would entail sourcing an additional aircraft - a fourth based unit has been seriously rumoured for a while now. If they do it will show a different policy to the likes of easyJet and Ryanair who often don't increase frequencies on routes that see full aircraft throughout the year.

AMS is also an interesting case because KLM Cityhopper seems to have seen a number of its UK routes enjoy an upsurge in loads this year at a time when, for operational reasons, some routes have been cut back either in frequency or in aircraft size.

Hi all, here is a more detailed version of the stats for July!
https://1drv.ms/x/s!As6DpBH9HHW3gUd65z5ZsATmAd0A
Thank you for those LF's Liam!
I think it will come down to aircraft availability for BE whether we can get a 4th aircraft will determine increased frequencies on some current routes at the moment if S19 stays the same many BE routes will be down.

For Vueling with ALC and AGP i'd say the same but whether they base more aircraft at those bases and add frequencies and new routes from there.

KLM is excellent so hopefully they'll consider sending in the E190 on a daily basis or i wonder if the airport can persuade them to add a 737 700 rotation especially if they can keep Flybe away from the route.

Cardiff Airport welcomes busiest summer month in a decade

The national airport for Wales is continuing to perform strongly, and is well on track to achieve double digit passenger growth at the end of this year, having already welcomed well over a million customers.

Monthly passenger figures also show that the peak summer month of August was the busiest August seen at Cardiff Airport in the last ten years; more than 202,600 passengers travelled through, representing 11% passenger growth versus the same month last year.

Cardiff Airport has already seen many exciting announcements and developments this year, including:

The launch of a brand new, direct daily service to the Middle East with 5* airline Qatar Airways. Creating more choice for customers from Wales and the South West travelling to global destinations via Doha

Low-cost carrier Ryanair has added a third destination to its Cardiff network from April 2019, with twice weekly flights to Malta departing on Wednesdays and Sundays. Complementing flights already available to Tenerife and Faro
TUI announced the addition of an aircraft at its Cardiff base for summer 2019, which will add 100,000 extra seats and new flights to Dubrvonik (Croatia), Naples (Italy) and Hurghada (Egypt)
Flybe celebrated the third anniversary of its Cardiff base and the addition of another aircraft. The airline has seen a 130% increase in passengers at Cardiff and now offers flights to 17 destinations including Dublin, Cork, Belfast City and Jersey
Cardiff Airport has unveiled its draft Masterplan - #CWL2040 - detailing our vision and ambitious plans for the next 20+ years. The draft document, which is currently open for public consultation can be viewed here
Announced as part of a joint venture with the Welsh Government, Cardiff Airport will take over the operation, management and maintenance of the St Athan airfield
The completion of a £4 million investment into the improvement of the customer experience within the terminal, including additional seating in the Departure Lounge for passengers to relax before travelling, with stunning views of the runway; a new WH Smith and two new Costa Coffee branches; a new look Executive Lounge and a brand new Business Lounge, renamed the 51ׄׄ° Lounge.

Huw Lewis, Finance Director at Cardiff Airport, commented:

“Following the recent announcement that we have already welcomed over a million customers to Cardiff Airport this year, it’s very exciting to report the busiest month of August in ten years with 11% growth and continuing rolling year passenger growth too.

“We are grateful to our airline partners for recognising our potential, by adding more and more seats and adding new routes in line with our consistent growth.

“The team has worked incredibly hard, and a lot has been achieved, but there’s a lot still to do. Our hard work will continue as we strive to deliver a sustainable airport business which encompasses a diverse portfolio of products and services. But, more than anything, we are passionate about flying the flag for Wales and proudly acting as a key gateway to the UK for international visitors.”
https://www.cardiff-airport.com/new...rt-welcomes-busiest-summer-month-in-a-decade/

CAA stats August 2018
202,405 passengers used the airport up 11.1%. The rolling year was 1,548,474 up 8% on 2017.
Atms were 1794 up 4.6%.
Freight was 219 tonnes. 211 tonnes set down and 8 tonnes picked up.
Top 10 routes for August 2018
1. Palma de Mallorca 21,308
2. Amsterdam 12,851
3. Doha 11,568
4. Dublin 10,540
5. Malaga 10,516
6. Alicante 10,413
7. Edinburgh 9973
8. Faro 9489
9. Paris CDG 8390
10. Dalaman 7974

Last edited:
Domestic stats August 2018
Anglesey 1375 -2%
Aberdeen 514 -22%
Belfast City 6985 +59%
Edinburgh 9973 +2%
Glasgow 2987 +29%
Jersey 2708 +43%
Guernsey 809 -7%
Leeds Bradford 74
Manchester 72
Newcastle 759 -22%
Norwich 68

Last edited:
European and International stats August 2018
Salzburg 39
Larnaca 2890
Paphos 1837
Billund 65
Paris CDG 8390 +44%
Berlin TXL 1494 -42%
Dusseldorf 578 +18%
Munich 1523 -37%
Chania 184
Corfu 1863 +24%
Heraklion 1305 -28%
Keffalinia 1471 -18%
Kos 1355 -7%
Rhodes 3540
Zakinthos 4475 +1%
Cork 1529 -15%
Dublin 10,540 +21%
Milan MXP 2640 -24%
Rome FCO 1608 -17%
Venice 1337
Verona 1504 -17%
Amsterdam 12,851 +15%
Faro 9489 +18%
Alicante 10,413 -8%
Barcelona 3921 -32%
Ibiza 5963 -4%
Madrid 2655 +3%
Mahon 3139 -28%
Malaga 10,516 -6%
Palma de Mallorca 21,308 -4%
Reus 2784 -11%
Seville 47
Arrecife 5026 +5%
Las Palmas 1467
Tenerife South 7952 -4%
Antalya 3448
Dalaman 7974 +65%
Burgas 5527 +30%
Doha 11,568

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock