TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
The schedule looks awful till July. Put me off looking
I do have a lot of sympathy for airlines in this. No-one, probably not even the government, knows at the moment which routes will be possible or when they will be able to commence.

The easyJet CEO said this week that he is against some of the government's traffic light proposals as it could add 'cost and complexities'.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Thanks to Scottie Dog for his post in the easyJet airline thread about comments made by the airline's CEO that he is optimistic for a much better summer this year than last year.

I noted this remark by the CEO, “We have taken new positions at Gatwick and have 71 aircraft there. Our strategy is to have better positions at core airports and we are keeping our eyes open for that.”

I don't know which airports easyJet reckons to be 'core' for it but BRS has always been a strong performer for the airline and one of its bigger bases so might well feature.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
A lot of bristols schedule now does not start until the end of June / start of July.
Having had a look at the easyJet website they don't seem to be starting many routes across their network until then, including some even from Gatwick.

The CEO must be expecting a bumper July onwards unless his comments were in hope rather than expectation and were aimed at encouraging the troops.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.