Monday 15 June 2022

The first passenger-carrying easyJet flight for over two months landed at BRS this afternoon from BFS. The return to BFS is currently loading.

Any one have any idea how many pax on the inward trip and the outward trip.
Judging by the BBC local news pictures there didn't seem to be many people around, but that might have been wholly misleading of course.

Strange times with airlines at the moment. Im sure yeild dont come into flights at the moment with so many seats blocked off. Im sure airlines are happy to start flying pax again,then every thing will fall into place and hopefully come good.

BRS press release about easyJet's resumption and precautions being taken at the airport and on the aircraft.

Re operations, this comment is contained within the press release, "The majority of flights during June will be on domestic routes. The airline is planning to fly around 55% of its Bristol routes in July and 80% in August, although with a lower frequency of flights."

I've been informed by easyJet today that the refund for my cancelled flights that should have taken place in March has now been actioned and returned to my credit card. I applied for the refund on 23 April so although it's taken longer than their target of 28 days it's well within the 90 day 'backstop' that they mentioned when they confirmed receipt of my refund application.

I am still awaiting a refund for cancelled flights that should have operated at the end of last month but I'm not expecting anyting there for a a couple of months.

With the amount of airports that has had flights cancelled must be eye watering.The amount of pax throught their flight programme mus be a staggering amount,and to get the refunds on them must be a night mare.Smaller airlines would not have the same size of routes,so they would be able to sort that fairly quickly.Some people on other forums think they should get their refund the same day they paid for them. its some thing it has to be patient.

With the amount of airports that has had flights cancelled must be eye watering.The amount of pax throught their flight programme mus be a staggering amount,and to get the refunds on them must be a night mare.Smaller airlines would not have the same size of routes,so they would be able to sort that fairly quickly.Some people on other forums think they should get their refund the same day they paid for them. its some thing it has to be patient.

There is a lot in what you say although I wonder how long the easyJet shareholders had to wait for a share of the £174 million dividend, including Sir Stelios who reportedly was due more than a third of that sum.

Another thing is that easyJet didn't make it easy to claim a refund, at one stage making it next to impossible to do so unless you were one of the lucky people who managed to stay on their call centre phone line for over an hour without being cut off. From media and other reports it seems that many people were not lucky. Understandably from their perspective, easyJet don't want you to ask for a refund which is the case with all airlines and holiday companies. They want you to transfer your booking to another date or accept a voucher for use in the future, and everything is geared to directing customers along those paths.

When easyJet cancel a flight they send you an email. The cancellation email should contain a link that takes you to the start of the lengthy and not always clear refund journey which begins at a Manage Disruption button against the sector or sectors that have been cancelled. That point can also be reached via Manage Bookings on the easyJet website.

Click on the Manage Disruption button which takes you to a page where half way down there is an option To Request A Refund. To do so you have to click on a Covid-19 Help Hub button. That takes you to another page and the first question is whether you booked directly with easyJet. If you did click on the appropriate button that leads to yet another page where you are asked when you booked. Click on the answer and, yes, another page inevitably appears where you are asked if your flight was cancelled.

Click on the Yes button and you reach yet another page. Scroll down to paragraph 3 on that page and click on the View My Other Options button. That brings you to a page with three options, the third of which is the refund application form button where a click on that will finally bring up the refund application form on screen. The refund application form is per booking not per sector so you have to wait until all sectors on the same booking have been cancelled by the airline before submitting a refund claim.

The web journey is a bit like negotiating a maze and I took a couple of wrong turnings, because it's not difficult to find yourself diverting along the voucher route once or twice during the journey, before I eventually arrived at the refund application form.

This duplicitious and sly technique used by EZY now makes me wary of booking any speculative flights for next year, as far as I am concerned the trust quotient has totally disappeared with EZY and low cost airlines. this will be costly to the industry as there will be many like me who no longer trust them to play fair.

In fairness I have had a few flights cancelled with easyJet over the years and personally I can’t fault their response. Monies or alternatives are presented in a timely fashion - yes if there’s thousands waiting you may have to wait a bit . I’m quite savvy using social media and I always get a satisfactory result. You have to remember we are in a situation that has never ever happened before .

In fairness I have had a few flights cancelled with easyJet over the years and personally I can’t fault their response. Monies or alternatives are presented in a timely fashion - yes if there’s thousands waiting you may have to wait a bit . I’m quite savvy using social media and I always get a satisfactory result. You have to remember we are in a situation that has never ever happened before .
I don't know if anyone remembers one early summer in the 'noughties' - from memory it was either 2006 or 2008. easyJet found themselves short of flight deck crews, or at least would have done in the peak summer had they not restricted some of the hours flown earlier in the summer.

The result was that they cancelled numerous flights - plenty of notice was given of the cancellations. We found ourselves affected in that we had two 'return' flights cancelled from BRS - I think they were EDI and NCL. To get a refund it was necessary to telephone easyJet on what turned out to be a premium line with the result that it cost me over a quid to get my money back. In itself it was nothing but (a) there was a principle and (b) adding all those quids up from all the other punters whose flights were cancelled must have amounted to a decent little sum.

easyJet was not flavour of the month with me for a while but as it almost amounts to Hobson's Choice if a scheduled flight from BRS is in mind, other than to the sun or eastern Europe, we've continued to use them and no doubt we still will but, like kraktoa, we are not rushing to book anything at the moment, with easyJet or anyone else, with so much uncertainty remaining.

It was probably unfortunate timing that the huge dividend payout was announced around the same time as easyJet was seeking government financial help and being dilatory in refunding fare money to customers for flights they had cancelled, or more accurately found themselves having to cancel. I hope that when they review their procedures they will accept that in an extremely challenging situation their PR could have been better.

In the interests of balance I must say that we've always been satisfied with the flights themselves and the onboard service provided, and we've flown countless times with easyJet since they set up at BRS nearly 20 years ago. From reading other airport forums on F4A I know that a lot of airports would like an easyJet presence so perhaps the air travellers of the West Country are more fortunate than many elsewhere in the wide choice of routes that easyJet provides.

If any airline promises immediate refund, without application, back to method of payment, for a cancelled flight then I will be booking loads.

It will be a no brainier for me and million no others. Not one airline promises this rock solid guarantee.

Many of us will be happy to deduct the 2.5% credit card fee incurred by the airline.

I'd be very surprised if this was true. Unless a spokesperson for an organisation confirms something in the Bristol Post I'm never ready to take the newspaper's (newspaper in the loosest sense these days) word for it. Reach plc that owns the Bristol Post and over 200 other regional titles obtains much of its web edition content by setting its hacks to trawl websites, often social media, to come up with a 'story'.

This 'story' could easily have been confirmed by checking with easyJet's press office.

For the past two months easyJet has been advertising flights on its booking engine but showing them as 'sold out' in anticipation that they would not operate. Then a week or two before the 'sold out' flights should have operated they are altered to 'no flights available'.

That was what happened to four flights that I had booked to operate during the past couple of months which were subsequently cancelled and the booking engine altered to read 'no flights available'.

It would be extremely encouraging if all these flights were sold out but somehow I doubt it. If I'm wrong it would show an incredible response from punters. I checked BRS-EDI at random and numerous flights are shown as 'sold out' in July on that route too. I expect that other routes show a similar pattern.

Those timings are original schedules which I think easyJet have blocked off as they don’t intend to fly. However they are right in saying that the fares are very high suggesting high demand

EZY have leased out 6 of their new A320 neos to another company. Expansion not uppermost in their future plans it appears.

EZY have leased out 6 of their new A320 neos to another company. Expansion not uppermost in their future plans it appears.

"It now expects 301 aircraft by the end of 2021, down from the 339 it had last month. It had forecast operating between 330 and 354 aircraft by the end of 2021"

This s much deeper cutting than I expected
The rest of their UK network is 'under review' according to press reports. Their track record at BRS suggests that the airline recognises it as an important base serving as it does one of the most economically vibrant areas of the country, which is also home to a large reservoir of often comfortably-off leisure travellers who have the means and will to travel.

That said, none of us knows how the effects of the pandemic will ultimately play out with aviation, and the easyJet CEO says he doesn't expect to return to pre-pandemic customer levels until 2023. It would be unlikely then, in the short term at least, that any easyJet airport will find itself completely free of the consequences of the airline's reining in.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock