One thing I did notice on the Easyjet website when I had the flight option page open was that it was suggesting maybe reminding the customer that they also flew from Glasgow and Newcastle to Bristol that was something I noticed as I've not seen that on other airlines website's.
When you bring up the sector pages easyJet also shows 'last booked x minutes ago' and 'y people currently looking'. I don't know if other airlines do this. I can't remember Ryanair doing it. I'm not quite sure of its value other perhaps than to give the impression that bookings and interest are high and that a would-be passenger ought to get cracking and book (assuming plenty of people are looking and the last flight was booked very recently, although the cynic in me says that easyJet could put any numbers there if they wished).

When you bring up the sector pages easyJet also shows 'last booked x minutes ago' and 'y people currently looking'. I don't know if other airlines do this. I can't remember Ryanair doing it. I'm not quite sure of its value other perhaps than to give the impression that bookings and interest are high and that a would-be passenger ought to get cracking and book (assuming plenty of people are looking and the last flight was booked very recently, although the cynic in me says that easyJet could put any numbers there if they wished).
Flybe does that as well as pop ups in the left bottom of the screen. It's like they are saying hurry up and book now!

The travel Industry is rife with these dishonest tactics especially the hotel websites like expedia and booking.com. All designed to create an impression that the rooms or seats are in short supply.

Even Qatar airways flights from Cardiff suggest that only 6 seats are available when we all know that only 50% seats are sold for most flights. They get away with this tactic by claiming to regulators that what they mean isthat only 6 seats are available at the quoted price. And however it is for the buyer to work out that approx 175 seats are available at prices that may be higher or lower than one on the screen.

Shameful really.

That has been standard practice on airline booking systems for many many years because system cannot show more than 9 seats available in any class, basically if it shows 9 seats it is wide open for booking but if less it is getting full in that class

BRS press release this week:

https://www.bristolairport.co.uk/ab.../easyjet-celebrates-15-years-based-in-bristol

I'm surprised that Ali Gayward, the airline's UK country director says that Geneva is the airline's most popular destination at BRS. In 2017 easyJet carried 226,500 passengers on BRS-GVA, with over 6,000 charter pax with other airlines. Of the routes operated solely by easyJet at BRS Edinburgh carried 394,000, Glasgow 307,000 and Belfast Int 262,000.

Ali Gayward also said, “easyJet looks forward to continuing to provide low fares and friendly customer service to our passengers in Bristol.” She is invariably quoted when an easyJet milestone is reached at BRS and I can't remember a time when she hasn't said that they look forward to introducing more routes from the airport. I know that three new ones will commence this winter but, given the anniversary, I might have expected the usual hint re new routes beyond that. In life I've always been a believer in what is not said sometimes being as or more important than what is said. Perhaps I'm reading something into this that is not there or perhaps easyJet is about to take a break in its route expansion at BRS.

On a positive note, BRS will always regard the day that Go announced the airport as its second base (after Stansted) as a monumental date in its history.

easyJet celebrates 15 years based in Bristol

Created: 28th Aug 2018

easyJet, Europe’s leading airline, has today celebrated the 15th anniversary of its base at Bristol Airport - its biggest outside of London.

29082018-easyjet-15-years-656x193.ashx

Celebrations have taken place throughout the day at Bristol airport, including an impressive balloon arch and cake for passengers at the easyJet check-in desk, and one lucky passenger winning a fantastic prize of 2 easyJet return flights to anywhere across the network.

The crew room was filled with decorations and party food for pilots and cabin crew operating the day’s flights.

Ali Gayward, easyJet UK Country Manager, and Dave Lees, Bristol Airport Chief Executive also joined the celebrations alongside cabin crew including Kate Bayley and Suzie Davies, who are proud to have been operating flights from Bristol with easyJet since the base opened 15 years ago.

easyJet is proud to be Bristol’s biggest airline, having flown over 53 million passengers since operations started there. With 15 based aircraft and over 650 crew members, easyJet provides Bristol passengers with 69 domestic and international routes, including the most popular destination Geneva.

Ali Gayward, easyJet UK country director, commented:

“We are delighted to be celebrating 15 fantastic years of our base at Bristol Airport.

“We are so proud to be the biggest airline in Bristol, serving 69 destinations this winter such as Geneva and Barcelona internationally, and domestic routes such as Edinburgh and Newcastle.

“easyJet looks forward to continuing to provide low fares and friendly customer service to our passengers in Bristol.”

Dave Lees, Bristol Airport’s Chief Executive Officer said:

‘We are delighted to be celebrating this important and invaluable 15 year anniversary between easyJet and Bristol Airport.

“We’re immensely proud of the relationship we have with easyJet, they play a big part in the success of Bristol Airport – and we look forward to continuing to build on this in the future – with exciting new destinations, increased passenger numbers and importantly the further deployment of the new environmentally friendly quieter and more fuel efficient Airbus NEO aircraft.’

BRS press release this week:

https://www.bristolairport.co.uk/ab.../easyjet-celebrates-15-years-based-in-bristol

I'm surprised that Ali Gayward, the airline's UK country director says that Geneva is the airline's most popular destination at BRS. In 2017 easyJet carried 226,500 passengers on BRS-GVA, with over 6,000 charter pax with other airlines. Of the routes operated solely by easyJet at BRS Edinburgh carried 394,000, Glasgow 307,000 and Belfast Int 262,000.

Ali Gayward also said, “easyJet looks forward to continuing to provide low fares and friendly customer service to our passengers in Bristol.” She is invariably quoted when an easyJet milestone is reached at BRS and I can't remember a time when she hasn't said that they look forward to introducing more routes from the airport. I know that three new ones will commence this winter but, given the anniversary, I might have expected the usual hint re new routes beyond that. In life I've always been a believer in what is not said sometimes being as or more important than what is said. Perhaps I'm reading something into this that is not there or perhaps easyJet is about to take a break in its route expansion at BRS.

On a positive note, BRS will always regard the day that Go announced the airport as its second base (after Stansted) as a monumental date in its history.

easyJet celebrates 15 years based in Bristol

Created: 28th Aug 2018

easyJet, Europe’s leading airline, has today celebrated the 15th anniversary of its base at Bristol Airport - its biggest outside of London.

29082018-easyjet-15-years-656x193.ashx

Celebrations have taken place throughout the day at Bristol airport, including an impressive balloon arch and cake for passengers at the easyJet check-in desk, and one lucky passenger winning a fantastic prize of 2 easyJet return flights to anywhere across the network.

The crew room was filled with decorations and party food for pilots and cabin crew operating the day’s flights.

Ali Gayward, easyJet UK Country Manager, and Dave Lees, Bristol Airport Chief Executive also joined the celebrations alongside cabin crew including Kate Bayley and Suzie Davies, who are proud to have been operating flights from Bristol with easyJet since the base opened 15 years ago.

easyJet is proud to be Bristol’s biggest airline, having flown over 53 million passengers since operations started there. With 15 based aircraft and over 650 crew members, easyJet provides Bristol passengers with 69 domestic and international routes, including the most popular destination Geneva.

Ali Gayward, easyJet UK country director, commented:

“We are delighted to be celebrating 15 fantastic years of our base at Bristol Airport.

“We are so proud to be the biggest airline in Bristol, serving 69 destinations this winter such as Geneva and Barcelona internationally, and domestic routes such as Edinburgh and Newcastle.

“easyJet looks forward to continuing to provide low fares and friendly customer service to our passengers in Bristol.”

Dave Lees, Bristol Airport’s Chief Executive Officer said:

‘We are delighted to be celebrating this important and invaluable 15 year anniversary between easyJet and Bristol Airport.

“We’re immensely proud of the relationship we have with easyJet, they play a big part in the success of Bristol Airport – and we look forward to continuing to build on this in the future – with exciting new destinations, increased passenger numbers and importantly the further deployment of the new environmentally friendly quieter and more fuel efficient Airbus NEO aircraft.’

If they did slow growth then that would have a massive bearing on the airports growth projections given that they want the growth to come from existing carriers. Given that we already more or less know TCX and Tui s plans for next summer it is only Ryanair and easyJet to go and given that approx 3 more stands are planned then surely there must be growth from easyJet to come. I predict one more aircraft and 2 new destinations plus larnaca and Sofia with maybe some juggling of the ratio of 320/319 to increase capacity further . Then it's up to the Irish to decide if they want to grow too

The other point to make as well is that there will almost likely not be more than one given the fact they have promised 17 based aircraft to Manchester already

If they did slow growth then that would have a massive bearing on the airports growth projections given that they want the growth to come from existing carriers. Given that we already more or less know TCX and Tui s plans for next summer it is only Ryanair and easyJet to go and given that approx 3 more stands are planned then surely there must be growth from easyJet to come. I predict one more aircraft and 2 new destinations plus larnaca and Sofia with maybe some juggling of the ratio of 320/319 to increase capacity further . Then it's up to the Irish to decide if they want to grow too
My thoughts too if easyJet has decided to slow down routes growth if only temporarily. I think summer 19 will be announced next month beginning with the first part of the summer as is the airline's practice. New routes for the summer aren't usually announced then (as I know you are well aware). easyJet also has a habit of increasing frequency on some routes with alterations made later in the winter prior to the summer in question.

A worst case scenario could see no additional based easyJet aircraft and TUI replacing the 757s with smaller aircraft, either their own or third party. That would give the airport management something to think about with their predilection for existing airline partners growing passenger numbers. Given the airport's projection for 10 mppa by 2021 it would be surprising if growth slowed right down across the board next summer. Unless Brexit or some other unanticipated malign influence raised its head I would expect at least 9 mppa by the end of 2019 which would then need some spurts in 2020 and 2021, though not to the degree of that seen in 2016 and 2017, to reach 10 mppa by the end of 2021.

The question is if easyJet was to halt or slow growth would they then revisit Jet 2 ?

The question is if easyJet was to halt or slow growth would they then revisit Jet 2 ?
I think that Jet2 would be more a rival for TUI and TCX given Jet2's move towards being more of a holiday airline. easyJet has a solid business route presence at BRS as well as serving holiday destinations. I might well be completely wrong (it's something I have become used to down the years about many things) in my musing that there might be no new routes next summer merely because the airline's UK chief hadn't hinted at any. It's still interesting though to speculate how the airport would continue its growth if easyJet did decide to slow down its own growth there.

There seems a lot of talk on aviation boards generally that Jet2 will probably concentrate on consolidating its existing bases at least in the short term.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats...bristol-1944908.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Much better and more positive write up regarding easyJet's plans for Bristol
Thanks for that, Marko.

The easyJet UK chief's comment about expecting to carry 200,000 more passengers from BRS in 2019 than in 2018 does strongly suggest another based aircraft next summer. Most of the flights currently seem to run at capacity or nearly so, therefore obtaining this increase from higher load factors alone doesn't look viable. I note the comment about the airport being in talks to secure further aircraft; this suggests that the five-year agreement that seemed to produce an additional aircraft each year is now at an end.

I looked at easyJet at Gatwick to see which routes are operated there but not at BRS with this result (some are seasonal routes):

Aarhus
Aberdeen - operated by flybmi at BRS
Agadir
Ajaccio
Almeria - operated by Thomas Cook at BRS
Ancona
Bari
Bastia - was operated by both easyJet and by flybmi for tour company at BRS
Berlin Tegel - easyJet operates to Berlin Schoenfeld at BRS
Biarritz - was operated by easyJet at BRS
Bologna - operated by Ryanair at BRS
Brest
Brindisi
Budapest - operated by Ryanair at BRS; easyJet flew it before Ryanair
Chania - operated by Ryanair and TUI at BRS
Figari - was operated by flybmi for tour copmpany at BRS in summer 2017
Friedrichshafen
Hamburg - operated by flybmi at BRS; easyJet flew it before flybmi
Hurghada - operated by Thomas Cook and TUI at BRS
Izmir
Kalamata
Klagenfurt
Kos - operated by TUI and Thomas Cook at BRS
La Palma
Ljubljana
Luxemburg
Malta - operated by Ryanair, Air Malta, TUI and Thomas Cook at BRS
Marrakech - will be operated by TUI at BRS; easyJet flew it before TUI
Milan Linate
Milan Malpensa - operated by flybmi at BRS; easyJet flew it before flybmi; Ryanair currently flies to Bergamo
Montpellier - Ryanair tried it for one summer (2009) at the height of the recession
Munich - operated by flybmi with Lufthansa code share at BRS
Mykonos
Palermo
Preveza - operated by Thomas Cook at BRS
Rhodes - operated by TUI and Thomas Cook at BRS
Santiago de Compostela
Santorini - operated by TUI at BRS
Stuttgart
Tallinn
Tel Aviv
Thessaloniki - TUI has operated this in summer on and off down the years; not currently operated
Tivat
Valencia - operated by Ryanair at BRS; easyJet flew it before Ryanair
Varna - has been operated by weekly charter flights at BRS many years ago
Verona - operated by TUI in summer at BRS and by ski companies in winter
Volos
Warsaw Chopin - easyjet operated it previously as did Wizz Air; Ryanair currently operates to Warsaw Modlin at BRS
Zurich - was operated by BACon but axed in 2007 when Flybe bought BACon

The one thing about EasyJet and new routes is there is always a route that is announced that we would never have predicted - Genoa and Ostersund are two in point . Personally I would like to see them fill some much needed gaps in the bristols route map. I'm thinking Oslo ( served from Berlin) , Zurich and who knows Istanbul.

The one thing about EasyJet and new routes is there is always a route that is announced that we would never have predicted - Genoa and Ostersund are two in point . Personally I would like to see them fill some much needed gaps in the bristols route map. I'm thinking Oslo ( served from Berlin) , Zurich and who knows Istanbul.
Zurich and Milan MXP seem two obvious omissions to me. Ideally Istanbul would be better served by Turkish Airlines with its connectivity. The other thing about BRS is that a number of easyJet routes could do with increased frequency to make them more attractive to business travellers.

I agree about being surprised. I'd never have gone for Ostersund in a million years if asked what routes were likely. No doubt BRS's excellent track record with ski flights down the years was a major factor.

I'm surprised it isn't already considering it's a pretty big Easyjet base.

Given that Bmi is not offering MXP this winter and so far not next summer either , Milan has got to be up there
Not serving somewhere like Milan is a mystery. We know that years ago they and Ryanair went over the top with competion to 'Milan' but all that is left now is Ryanair's 3 x weekly Bergamo.

Having regard to easyJet's UK chief's remarks this week that she expects her airline to carry an additional 200,000 passengers at BRS next year, I said that I didn't think this could be achieved by increased loads alone next year, because they are already very high in the main, and that another based aircraft seemed on the cards.

I've done a sample of ten easyJet routes in July to see if my high loads assertion bears up. I know that July is one of the busiest months of the year and if loads aren't decent then they aren't likely to be at other times. I didn't have the time to do all easyJet routes at BRS and anyway some are flown against Ryanair and flybmi so easyJet's figures can't be ascertained (I've assumed that all A320s have 186 seats. The A319s have 156 seats).

I looked at the four newest routes and picked some others at random having checked to ensure there had been no cancellations on them in July. These are the results with the newest four routes shown first:

Seville 3,064 passengers, 2 x weekly both A320, load factor 91.5%
Genoa
2581 passengers, 2 x weekly both A319, load factor 91.9%
Athens
3,245 passengers, 2 x weekly both A320, load factor 96.9%
Stockholm
2,650 passengers, 2 x weekly both A320, load factor 79.1%
Vienna
2,751 passengers, 2 x weekly both A319, load factor 98.0%
Bilbao
4,200 passengers, 3 x weekly all A319, load factor 96.1%
Bordeaux
7,241 passengers, 5 x weekly 3 x A320 and 2 x A319, load factor 94.7%
Rome FCO
10,926 passengers, daily all A320, load factor 94.7%
Barcelona
20,701 passengers, 2 x daily 11 x A320 and 3 x A319, load factor 92.9%
Lisbon
7,307 passengers, 5 x weekly 3 x A320 and 2 x A319, load factor 95.6%

There might be some scope for increasing easyJet's passenger figures by replacing the remaining 319s with 320s. Genoa for example would have dropped to 77% if the equipment had been two A320s per week instead of two A319s and Vienna would have been 82%. That might be too simplistic because there might have been times when the 319s were full whereas 320s might not have been, meaning some passengers who would have flown might have been unable to book. Conversely, if Stockholm had had two 319s each week instead of two 320s its load factor would have been 94%.

In summary, there is obviously a place to improve loads by bringing in larger aircraft but I still don't believe that can get anywhere near another 200,000 passengers next year. Yields must be generally good because easyJet has been at BRS for so long and continually grows its network.

Re my previous post, I forgot to include the average loads to give the percentage figures a context. Rectified below.

Seville 3,064 passengers, average load 170, load factor 91.5%
Genoa
2581 passengers, average load 143.4, load factor 91.9%
Athens
3,245 passengers, average load 180.3, load factor 96.9%
Stockholm
2,650 passengers, average load 147.2, load factor 79.1%
Vienna
2,751 passengers, average load 152.8, load factor 98.0%
Bilbao
4,200 passengers, average load 150, load factor 96.1%
Bordeaux
7,241 passengers, average load 164.6, load factor 94.7%
Rome FCO
10,926 passengers, average load 176.2, load factor 94.7%
Barcelona
20,701 passengers, average load 166.9, load factor 92.9%
Lisbon
7,307 passengers, average load 166.1, load factor 95.6%

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock