I've now submitted a refund cliam for another cancelled easyJet booking. This message now appears on the refund section of their website. I've highlighted relevant parts.

Please rest assured that we are trying to get everyone’s refund requests processed as quickly as possible. However, our current average processing time means that many customers will likely have to wait for the duration of the summer, and with our backlog continuing to extend, we anticipate new requests taking much longer.

Fortunately, I'm not cash-strapped and will let it run to see how long it actually takes for my refund to arrive. I'm still awaiting a refund for a previous booking. I submitted the claim on 23 April. At that time they were endeavouring to process refunds within 28 days.

I wonder if they will take the entire summer before they pay out the £174 million dividend payments to their owners including £60 million to an unhappy Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou.

And now a 18billion class action lawsuit on EZY over the data loss. Not a great time for UK Aviation.

And now a 18billion class action lawsuit on EZY over the data loss. Not a great time for UK Aviation.

I don't know how many easyJet customers have been asked by this law firm whether they want such compensation. The firm seems to have gone ahead with the action of its own volition. The linked article states that there is a potential liability of £18 billion which would work out at around £2,000 per affected customer. No doubt the law firm would want a cut of that if the action was successful.

easyJet clearly couldn't pay £18 billion and if they are insured against such claims that sum would be a tremendous amount for an insurance company to cover.

Such a claim would almost certainly roll on in the courts for years. No doubt this is just the opening gambit in a scenario that might eventually peter out or be settled for far, far less.

Very strange time for the Finance Director Andrew Findlay to announce his resignation. So soon after surviving the ballot instigated by Stelios.

Although he will see out his contract until end of May next year.........strange 12 month notice period.

Kos has been dropped officially for this summer - it’s disappeared a few weeks back. It is however available next summer starting end of April.

Remains to be seen what effect this will have on BRS. easyJet is now saying it doesn't expect 2019 passenger levels (across its network) to be regained until 2023.

We've said for a long time that it's always a potentially unwise move for an airport to rely too heavily on one airline customer although easyJet seemed destined to fly on serenely - until the virus!

The snag is that the nature of regional airport flying these days more often than not relies on one major airline customer.

When musing about airport and airline passenger projection figures in the past I've sometimes used the caveat 'unless some unforeseen catastrophic even intrudes'. For the moment that unwelcome intrusion has arrived although in ten years time people might well look back on it as a temporary hindrance along the way.

Further update from the BBC.

"We're going to look to do whatever we can to optimise the network," said easyJet CEO Johan Lundgren. "And that means that we also can't exclude that there will be base closures."

The trouble is is that even before the pandemic , there wasn’t much opportunity for growth elsewhere. I doubt Brussels airlines will return or for that matter lufthansa either . Also who knows how Ryanair will end up - talk elsewhere of uk base closures seen today on another thread. Conversely wizz opens 2 new bases next month.
One way or another the success of Brs and easyJet are intertwined .

Is there any statistic available on what percentage of EZY can be classed as frontline as opposed to back office (ie based in their HQs and not airport based.)

Kos has been dropped officially for this summer - it’s disappeared a few weeks back. It is however available next summer starting end of April.
I recon the routes this summer flown will be many regular routes cancelled or on a reduced number. This summer I recon we can forget any new routes and write off this summer.What ever routes get operated from any airport will be a bonus and BRS will be no different.

The trouble is is that even before the pandemic , there wasn’t much opportunity for growth elsewhere. I doubt Brussels airlines will return or for that matter lufthansa either . Also who knows how Ryanair will end up - talk elsewhere of uk base closures seen today on another thread. Conversely wizz opens 2 new bases next month.
One way or another the success of Brs and easyJet are intertwined .

It does appear that the next year or two will be a transitional period for aviation with cutbacks a common theme, although there are projections from a number of airlines that matters will improve after that.

All airports will almost certainly suffer a lessening of activity - comments in several airport threads on F4A already show that larger airports than BRS are seeing scaling back by some of their airline partners.

The strong economy and large leisure market in the BRS catchment has seen the airport do better than most airports in times of adversity - for example the recession of the 'noughties' saw the airport affected later than most of its peers, and recovery also set in earlier. Until 2020 it was the only UK top 10 airport to have seen passenger growth in every one of the previous ten years.

At the moment it would be surprising if BRS got back to to 2019 levels at least until 2022 but the fundamentals there have not altered.

Is there any statistic available on what percentage of EZY can be classed as frontline as opposed to back office (ie based in their HQs and not airport based.)
Reports say they are to begin consulting staff soon. BALPA is obviously dismayed which suggests that aircrew will be part of the staff reduction.

I recon the routes this summer flown will be many regular routes cancelled or on a reduced number. This summer I recon we can forget any new routes and write off this summer.What ever routes get operated from any airport will be a bonus and BRS will be no different.

preveza and Antalya are still on sale. Only kos has been dropped for this summer

Don't know if this is over ambitious but just received an email from EZY announcing a flash 24 hr sale with 30% off all European flights until May 2021. I don't think there will be many takers within the next 24 hrs especially in the current climate, both Covid and the 26 degree weekend in UK.

Don't know if this is over ambitious but just received an email from EZY announcing a flash 24 hr sale with 30% off all European flights until May 2021. I don't think there will be many takers within the next 24 hrs especially in the current climate, both Covid and the 26 degree weekend in UK.
You might get people tempted to book for next Easter or in the winter

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock